Author Topic: Owner`s Opinions of Goldstream, Coromal and Jayco Campers.  (Read 21920 times)

Offline WaituiRob

• "Oldies still doing it.....Camping that is!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
Hi All,

Our circumstances may be changing in the near future enabling us to spend extended periods on the road and as much as we love our soft floor camper we think it`s time for our ageing bones to be treated to a more comfortable camper. :laugh:

As we don`t want to go down the grey nomad track and purchase a caravan, we are considering the above style of camper and would appreciate some owner`s thoughts on the pros and cons of set up, pack up, towing, comfort of sleeping on the extended bed and anything else you may consider relevant for a couple of oldies (64 and 67 years young  ;D )

Setting / packing up our 12ft camper isn`t a problem for us at the moment, we just want a few more creature comforts but noticed that you don`t see many oldies with these campers.  ;D

Looking forward to your thoughts,
 :cheers:Robyn.

Offline 2010banditsa

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Cheers- It's 12 O'clock somewhere
Re: Owner`s Opinions of Goldstream, Coromal and Jayco Campers.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:24 PM »
My partner and i have the Goldstream Gold Crown. It is a wind up with no bed ends to worry about. If it was me, and there were only 2 of you, i would seriously consider one as its basically wind, up, feet down and she is ready... i have never seen any topics on it, but im convinced it is drier, warmer and far more stable when youre shagging, plus ultra fast to set up.
Isuzu MUX
2013 Goldstream 16' poptop with bunk
Van- http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31445

Offline Sharshebelle1

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
I'd probably steer clear of the camper trailer at your stage in life, there is probably no need for the two bed ends you have to put up each stop, maybe look at an expands, I'm sure there is a lot more storage room and. Quicker set up.
09 Pathfinder
2010 Jayco Eagle Outback.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:38 AM »
As already commented the Crown is easier to setup as you don't need to pull beds out. That said you have more room with the two beds and if grand kids or whoever join you, you have a bed for them.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline dickson

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
gday,check out the jayco penguin as well no bag ends to worry about ,just wind up and set up the legs and away you go
2009 mazda BT50 towing  jayco penguin camper

Offline WaituiRob

• "Oldies still doing it.....Camping that is!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:09 AM »
Banditsa,
             I really liked the look of the Crown when we were camped near one but Frank thinks it would be a bit claustrophobic for him. I guess that`s judging a book by it`s cover, we`ll have to check them out. Don`t know how I forgot about the stability bit, might be a good reason to get a cabin for the night  :angel:
               Now I know why so many Jaycos are up for sale within a few months of purchase  :laugh:

Sharshebelle,
                  The Expandas are really nice, however out of our price range and larger than Frank wants to tow. Working on the idea of removing the 2nd mattress and making a flat storage area to the top of the mattress level.
Our intention is to stay put for 10 to 14 days so hopefully setting / packing up won`t worry us too much.

D4D,  I think we`ll be the ones visiting the grandchildren, they`ll probably end up with our present camper anyway so they can camp with us. ;D

:cheers:Robyn.

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »
HI Robyn, we bought a coromal in 2009, they are known for the quality of finish and inclusions.. but you pay the price.. we sold ours last year.... only lost a couple of $$$$, then we bought a Jayco Outback Swan.. great camper but we can certainly see that the quality assurance is non existent and the finish is no where near as good as the coromal.. but having said that, we knew that and you get what you pay for... we are happy with the swan, it more than suits our purpose...

Regards.

Scott

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
We had a Jayco swan and liked it.  We had the full annexe as well.  Quality was poor in many respects but you get what you pay for spose.

We found we wanted to cook outside most times so the kitchen was kind of redundant which made it an expensive pair of double beds.   :D

The slide out beds are good to sleep on and even create new people on  :cheers:

For two people I think there might be better options that take less setup.

Have fun!
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline theflyingbadger

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »
i know when we were buying the hawk we looked at the goldstreams. I can't remember which one it was, but you could remove the slide out bed and put a "plain" panel in in it's place. then you could have a single-ended wind up camper.

that being said, i'd still rather go down the expanda (one ended) route in your situation
Jon

CRD TD42TI Patrol - Ultimate Xtrk TBD

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »
If you only need the one double bed why not look at something like an ultimate that still has the internal kitchen and double bed but is no so wide?  They seem pretty popular with couples and badgers and their finish is definitley superiour to the pop tops ;D.
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline theflyingbadger

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »
If you only need the one double bed why not look at something like an ultimate that still has the internal kitchen and double bed but is no so wide?
oh yeah, i never thought of that!
They seem pretty popular with badgers

:D
Jon

CRD TD42TI Patrol - Ultimate Xtrk TBD