Matson
DownUnder
Gasmate
Companion
BushBoy
Aldi, the wonder fridge
Techni Ice
Kings

Author Topic: What Fridge do you use Poll.  (Read 265590 times)

Offline gqpatrol15

• Learning the Ropes
Re: What Fridge do you use Poll.
« Reply #425 on: March 19, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
I have a cdf-11 and a cf-40 Waecos I'm stoked with both if they ever play up I'll get an Engel

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »
I purchased a Trailblaza Bute Ute 46litre RC special for the back of the new dual cab.

Went this way beacause it will be on the back of the ute for a fair bit of the time without a canopy & also it is nice and low, so ya don't have to lucky dip every time a beer is needed.

Super impressed with the build quality  :cup:, and although haven't done any power consumption readings, the thing hardly ever cuts in due to its 75mm insulation.

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline Banjo16

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The road less travelled
« Reply #427 on: March 29, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
Have a 50 Lt Ironman & needed a second fridge, so after a lot of research we brought a new Engle Eclipse ($699 3 years Warranty)

The Engle works well but I have to say that the Ironman is just as good & weighs some 5 Kg less & is a lot quieter.

Just my 2c worth.
Cheers,
Don

PB Challenger
Jayco Starcraft OB

Offline Sixpack

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #428 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:42 PM »
G'day follks I have a 60 litre Engel and it works great.  I am a strong believer that if a fridge keeps the beer cold no matter what it's brand, it is a bloody great fridge in my words.

:cheers:
Cheers Terry.

2014 Toyota Prado, 2018 Jayco Expanda Outback

Offline Darren Smart

• Learning the Ropes
  • Darren Smart from Lifestyle Camper Trailers
    • Lifestyle Camper Trailers
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »
We had Alan, one of the owners of EvaKool in here at Lifestyle yesterday - he is a great guy and very customer focused - we use their product a lot and to date have had very few issues - they get my vote  :cup:
Lifestyle Camper Trailers - 100% Australian Made Heavy Duty Off-Road Camper Trailers

Offline wehavebush

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
As I have just bought a camper trailer, I needed a fridge. So have been researching, reading forums, reading reviews, asking campers, and to be honest, I was more confused than when I first decided to buy a fridge. With all the brands out there, I found there to be good and bad reviews on all brands. So for price and after reading Camper Trailer Touring mag, as they done thorough testing on 12 of the top fridges and the Waeco CFX came 1st, I went with the 50ltr. Plus Anaconda have great specials on at the moment, got Waeco cover for fridge half price and free stuff as Waeco have a promotion going. Will be testing it out in 2 weeks.

Offline markeaust

• Swag User
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2015, 05:42:03 PM »
Bonus today....

Got myself another Autofridge....for FREE..... ;D ;D ;D

Seller stated it only cooled a little bit and the person who bought it decided he didn't want it.  Was going to be chucked out on the hard rubbish.

Bunged it in the shed on the power supply and thermometer inside.  Within 2 hours, went from 19C down to 4C, so I'm guessing it's working.  going to leave it on all night and check it out in the morning....expect to see about -9C empty.

Might just be a good addition to the 73l Autofridge and 21l Engel.....  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;D ;D ;D

A great day seeing I also picked up a working Codan X-2 HF radio and 9350 Autotune for $200...the man's on a roll.... >:D

Cheers,

Mark

UPDATE:  After 15 hours, fridge sitting at -19.8C empty.  I think it works...... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 12:41:02 PM by markeaust »

2003 Toyota Landcruiser HDJ100

Offline samo

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #432 on: November 15, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »
had the waeco cf60 for 5 years and its going well, and had the engel 42 (flash gold 1) for 3 years and what can I say its an engel. cheers samo
2013 BT50 & 2010 Junko Swan O/B

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
Hi All, My Dad bought a 100lt Trailblazer freezer 20 to 25 years ago it spent 3 to 4 months a years up Cape York camping with Dad, when dad passed away I ended up with it I have had it the past 7 years, and out of them years I have had it up the Cape 4 times for 4 months and the rest of the times when it is at home for weeks at a time I use it as a bait freezer, And its still going strong as far as I know never been back to be fixed, Also in 1987 he bought 2 x 60lt chestcold fridges they have spent years traveling the top end and I still have them and they work fine, I think it comes down to if you look after them they look after you, Craig   
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:56:13 AM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »
Waeco CF50, which we have had for 2.5 years and Engel 21ltr (I think, as it came with the camper).

Changed options to suit current. Waeco is still going strong, used as a freezer (-16c). The small Engel went when we sold the CT, but we scored a 45ltr Engel which the SIL had decomposing in a farm shed. It had a hole in the internal tub which a bit of epoxy ribbon sorted, and it has been going strong, though noisily, for the last 18mths. Lastly, the 130ltr Bushman in the van is a gem.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 06:18:38 PM by bmwfreak »
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline two up

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »
Engle 40l, had to get the compressor/condensor etc replaced in Kunanurra last year when it failed, apparently there was a bad batch 7 or so yrs ago when I bought it. 30l powertech which gets used as a freezer from time to time.

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #436 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »
Changed my vote to include my Companion 60l fridge.
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline crappsy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life's short so enjoy it when you can
« Reply #437 on: December 26, 2015, 03:02:12 PM »
Just picked up a primus 45Lt from the snake shop.
From 17 deg to -18 deg in 1h on 240volt empty

jeffr

« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »
I have two ARB Fridges, a 49ltr fridge in the van and 79ltr unit in the ute.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:48:33 PM by jeffr »

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2016, 03:56:07 PM »
Companion Fridge, 65 liter, dual zone.
Has anyone got experience with this model.
Any good?
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline markeaust

• Swag User
« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:08 PM »
G'day Mark, good to see you on MySwag.

You'll be pleased (but not surprised) that your old 39l hasn't missed a beat.  :cup:

Make sure you have given Autofridge a vote in the poll.  Cant have the waengelcos having it all to themselves.  ;D

Barry

Barry...just got myself another FREE 39l Autofridge.... ;D ;D. Picked it up as a no-goer.  Found the broken wire, repaired it and -19c overnight..... Now I have 2......😁😁😁😁

2003 Toyota Landcruiser HDJ100

Offline Hopwrecked

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »
Companion Fridge, 65 liter, dual zone.
Has anyone got experience with this model.
Any good?
I got the 60 for $699. It's good on the low fan setting. On high fan it's really pretty thirsty. Battery is staying at 100% now I've got a 120w panel connected and a ctek dc to dc 250.

The companion is tall, too tall for my first CT build without going for a custom tent. So I've been on the look out for a shorter fridge-no more esky.

On Wednesday night I picked up the new Waeco 95 dz2. It's still on sale at anaconda. I got it for $1350. RRP is around $1850. It's a short unit with double doors and a 55/45 split size. Each side can be turned off. Has wifi, Bluetooth would make more sense to my mind but we will see once used in anger.

Got to say it's worth waiting for the sales, just give yourself a few months and subscribe to the email lists. The savings aren't small and will pay for a top shelf battery etc.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2016, 12:53:16 PM »
Ummmmm???
Why would a fridge need WiFi?

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »
Controls ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Jwb

Offline Hopwrecked

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2016, 09:47:18 PM »
Yeah it has its own app that controls it. But will that even work out bush, wouldn't blue tooth be needed to control it on the road? If it's works when traveling then bonus. It was a factor in selecting it.

Offline glos5

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Had an Engel 39 lt for about 28 years never been any trouble, has sometimes been left not running for several months. Thinking about adding a 40 lt dual zone as well.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Offline jackriley

• Tent User
  • cold air, dark night, warm fire, bright stars
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2016, 09:18:45 AM »
As I have just bought a camper trailer, I needed a fridge. So have been researching, reading forums, reading reviews, asking campers, and to be honest, I was more confused than when I first decided to buy a fridge. With all the brands out there, I found there to be good and bad reviews on all brands. So for price and after reading Camper Trailer Touring mag, as they done thorough testing on 12 of the top fridges and the Waeco CFX came 1st, I went with the 50ltr. Plus Anaconda have great specials on at the moment, got Waeco cover for fridge half price and free stuff as Waeco have a promotion going. Will be testing it out in 2 weeks.

How's the CFX 50 going? I'm looking at getting one?
there ain't nothing wrong with them city lights,
but me, I prefer them slow country nights.

Offline Ragman

• Tent User
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2016, 12:14:06 AM »
from an engineering point off view I love the EvaKool 70L big rugged box with a removable divider for freezer/fridge
and the compressor and condenser is external.

we also have a 32L engel which goes in the car.

Offline jonboy62

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »
I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Reefer fridge, made by Refrigeration Research in South Australia, and have lost the 12volt DC lead. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a replacement. They are not compatible with other 12v leads, having a polarized 2-pin plug and the company dissolved several years ago.

KingBilly

« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2016, 09:54:30 AM »
I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Reefer fridge, made by Refrigeration Research in South Australia, and have lost the 12volt DC lead. Does anyone know where I could possibly find a replacement. They are not compatible with other 12v leads, having a polarized 2-pin plug and the company dissolved several years ago.

Thought most plugs were polarised.  Doubt a local SA company would have designed and manufactured their own specific plug.  Got a photo of where it plugs in?

KB
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:04:18 AM by KingBilly »