Author Topic: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)  (Read 512740 times)

Offline gordo350

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: OK, Now We Rock at cricket- What was I thinking :-)
« Reply #1700 on: March 25, 2018, 07:22:36 AM »
Smith wont get the axe - there's noone else up to it. Reminds me a lot of the cant bat cant bowl cant field episode > if it was a low profile fringe player under the microscope CCA would sack him instantly. But in this case there's no way to shift the blame.
There is no need to shift the blame. He done wrong.  He owned up. Bye bye. Try doing something illegal in any other job and see where you end up. Everyone is replaceable.  Including Boof and anyone else who was in that meeting
Gordo 350
2015 Ford Ranger Super Cab
Aussie Jays Big Red
everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1701 on: March 25, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
Sack all who are involved.  And that means the leadership group. No excuses.  No exception

Totally agree. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following users thanked this post: PWE

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1702 on: March 25, 2018, 07:37:05 AM »
Totally agree. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also hand the series to South Africa....planning to cheat and carrying on like schoolboys means we are not worthy of playing at an international level. Send the oz team home with its tail between its legs.  Piss poor behaviour!!
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1703 on: March 25, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »
Agree, fire the leadership team and ban Smith for 1 year since he is the captain
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:41:41 AM by PWE »
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1704 on: March 25, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »
I would also hand the series to South Africa....planning to cheat and carrying on like schoolboys means we are not worthy of playing at an international level. Send the oz team home with its tail between its legs.  Piss poor behaviour!!

Whilst I agree there must be a punishment, what you suggest is over the top. There have a few ball tampering incidents and the player concerned cops a ban and everybody moves on. That said Smith and Bancroft need to do some time for this. Given the ICC decisions of late, who knew cricket was a contact sport, it will be interesting to see how they handle this. I'd suggest if they do cop a ban, they won't appeal like the SA team did to get Rabada off.

Some incidents here
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/australia-in-south-africa/ball-tampering-the-most-infamous-incidents-in-cricket/articleshow/63447253.cms
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:45:25 AM by D4D »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #1705 on: March 25, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
Is this what we have become? Deliberately cheating in an international event?
Sack any and all involved.....immediately.....no if's, no but's.....first plane home.

"Play the game with honour, for honour never loses....."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:45:27 AM by GeoffA »
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1706 on: March 25, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »
Is this what we have become? Deliberately cheating in an international event?
Sack any and all involved.....immediately.....no if's, no but's.....first plane home.

"Play the game with honour, for honour never loses....."
Particularly given we always take the high moral ground on similar incidents by other team. That & the fact it was premeditated, have they become that insecure of their ability.
I agree, this should be the last test for Smith, will have gone down in the estimation of most Australians imo

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1707 on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:47 AM »
This will test Cricket Australia, we will now see their true worth, heavy sanctions should apply to all involved.  >:( >:( >:(
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

TimE

« Reply #1708 on: March 25, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »
Brings to mind Daryl Braithwaite https://youtu.be/g5YDryT6dqo

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1709 on: March 25, 2018, 08:49:47 AM »
Lucky these guys all went on strike to demand more money last year, seems like they deserve it to me.....sack the lot of them.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1710 on: March 25, 2018, 08:57:31 AM »
the punishment wont fit the crime. cricket is big money for some reason... we wouldnt want to offend the players
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moxley

• Tent User
« Reply #1711 on: March 25, 2018, 09:00:35 AM »
Lucky these guys all went on strike to demand more money last year, seems like they deserve it to me.....sack the lot of them.

Did anyone go on strike?  I don’t remember that well, but it was certainly threatened. I think Bancroft should cop two matches, Smith 6 and Warner 6. Smith seemed to suggest it was the leadership of the team that knew about this.

I don’t think it would be fair to tar the rest of them with the same brush.  Out of interest, what field do you work in Rumpig?  Is your field squeaky clean, or should you be tarred with the same brush too?

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1712 on: March 25, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »
Did anyone go on strike?  I don’t remember that well, but it was certainly threatened. I think Bancroft should cop two matches, Smith 6 and Warner 6. Smith seemed to suggest it was the leadership of the team that knew about this.

I don’t think it would be fair to tar the rest of them with the same brush.  Out of interest, what field do you work in Rumpig?  Is your field squeaky clean, or should you be tarred with the same brush too?
sack the lot of them involved I meant....seems many of the team are involved, it's not a one person act.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1713 on: March 25, 2018, 09:07:03 AM »
so has this test has been abandoned? surely it has to be
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1714 on: March 25, 2018, 09:19:38 AM »
so has this test has been abandoned? surely it has to be

Why?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1715 on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:18 AM »
Why?
the result will be farcical if Australia win....they were cheating

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1716 on: March 25, 2018, 09:26:29 AM »
Quote from: Rumpig
I thought it was pretty obvious myself.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1717 on: March 25, 2018, 09:27:03 AM »

Do you understand what they did has had no bearing on the result? They were trying to get the ball to reverse, it didn't, the umpires did NOT replace the ball after the tampering was identified. It's the same as the Poms bouncing the ball on the square on the return throw during the Ashes, it didn't change the result of the game.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1718 on: March 25, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Do you understand what they did has had no bearing on the result? They were trying to get the ball to reverse, it didn't, the umpires did NOT replace the ball after the tampering was identified. It's the same as the Poms bouncing the ball on the square on the return throw during the Ashes, it didn't change the result of the game.
if it did or didnt change the result, thats not the issue.. they admitted cheating.. how ****ed in the head can they be?
so to send a message thats a little stronger than the message that havent worked in the past to ALL teasm globally, they need to send a stronger message.
pissant fines to over paid players doesnt work.

they think they got abused by fans in the last few and this game  ??? Cant wait for the next one

interesting listening to michael clarke on ch 9
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Moxley

• Tent User
« Reply #1719 on: March 25, 2018, 09:44:45 AM »
if it did or didnt change the result, thats not the issue.. they admitted cheating.. how ****ed in the head can they be?
so to send a message thats a little stronger than the message that havent worked in the past to ALL teasm globally, they need to send a stronger message.
pissant fines to over paid players doesnt work.

they think they got abused by fans in the last few and this game  ??? Cant wait for the next one

interesting listening to michael clarke on ch 9

What’s Clarke said?  Is there a YouTube of it somewhere you could point us to?  The bit I saw of Nichols seemed to down play it a bit, but if the ICC aren’t strong on this, than Cricket Australia need to be.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1720 on: March 25, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »
whilst they didn't replace the ball, what they did would have affected the balls behaviour and thus has changed the result of the game to some degree. Has it enhanced the result in Australia's favour?... no idea I didn't watch the game and haven't followed it that closely, just see the results in the news...what they have done is breached the code of the game and don't deserve to win due to multiple players being involved in this event. They need to send a message that this behaviour is totally unacceptable, not whack them on the hands with a wet lettuce leaf like happens everywhere else to often these days.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1721 on: March 25, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »

I'd suggest the loss of Smith's integrity for the rest of his career is punishment enough. It's the top job in the country and he has abused that responsibility. It's probably on the same level as the underarm bowling incident.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1722 on: March 25, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »
I'd suggest the loss of Smith's integrity for the rest of his career is punishment enough. It's the top job in the country and he has abused that responsibility. It's probably on the same level as the underarm bowling incident.
that was a legal act, not in the spirit of the game but not illegal...completely different in my view.

Offline Moxley

• Tent User
« Reply #1723 on: March 25, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »

Yes, who wants to be known as the second best batsman ever and a cheat. I’d prefer to be the third best, or 50th best, and have my integrity in check.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1724 on: March 25, 2018, 09:53:25 AM »
whilst they didn't replace the ball, what they did would have affected the balls behaviour and thus has changed the result of the game to some degree. Has it enhanced the result in Australia's favour?... no idea I didn't watch the game and haven't followed it that closely, just see the results in the news...what they have done is breached the code of the game and don't deserve to win due to multiple players being involved in this event. They need to send a message that this behaviour is totally unacceptable, not whack them on the hands with a wet lettuce leaf like happens everywhere else to often these days.

it hasn't changed the result, the ball will be changed in 18 overs. Love to see all the arm chair experts come out over this.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado