Author Topic: New(ish) Awning, MASSIVE thanks to PWE  (Read 3225 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
New(ish) Awning, MASSIVE thanks to PWE
« on: October 30, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »
I had been going in circles for a fair while in regards to getting an awning for the Car, the ones I liked and were big enough for a family of 6 were pretty much out of my price range, and the ones in my price range I didn't really like or were in reality, a bit small for us. I contemplated making one or buying a cheap knock-off foxwing but my favourite was still the Bunduawn.

So when I saw PWE had one that he was looking to offload I PM'd him quicker than a fat kid on a cupcake, asking what he wanted for it, he said he would give it away, so I offered alcohol as I would still be getting a phenomenal deal, but then just upped his top bloke points by saying to just make a donation to charity.

So I made a donation to the RSPCA (one of PWE's suggestions) as well as a donation to the server fund on his behalf and am a happy camper.

The following users thanked this post: noel_w, PWE

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: New(ish) Awning, MASSIVE thanks to PWE
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
Paying it Forward at its best .. Well done PWE   :cup:
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: PWE

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »
Fabbed up some brackets and fitted it a couple of weeks back but hadn't had a chance to take piccies until today, As with it in place, it means we were too high to fit into our garage, I wanted to make it  easy to remove and reattach, it takes about 1-2mins to take it off or put it back on again which I can do by myself plus a milk crate.

It certainly adds plenty of coverage and holds up to some pretty breezy conditions with ease, it's not overly noticeable from the pics but there is a definite difference between the back pivot point and the front, the back has an arm going out each side which tends to balance things pretty well and there is no sag in the arms, the front arm that is perpendicular to the car doesn't have the opposing arm to offset the weight so drops maybe 5cm from the car out to the end, the sront support is also further from the end so thes probably contributes to it as well. All things considered, I am really happy with it though, especially for the price.

Once again, a massive thank you to PWE

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:27:35 PM »
All good mate, enjoy the camping with the boys.
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer
The following users thanked this post: tryagain

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
Paying it Forward at its best .. Well done PWE   :cup:

thanks
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:43:30 PM by PWE »
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer