Author Topic: Hi and looking to buy!  (Read 2912 times)

Offline NobbyC84

• Learning the Ropes
Hi and looking to buy!
« on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:37 AM »
Gday all. I am new to myswag after spending months on the hunt for our families first CT. If I could get some help from seasoned campers it would be much appreciated. Some background, I currently reside in Toowoomba and am looking to take the family mainly to caravan parks...nothing to off road. Our Santa Fe's tow bar is limited to a 1.2tonne pulling capacity and 100kg on the ball.

This has pushed me into the direction of a simple 7x4 soft floor trailer, 2nd hand with a budget of 5k. There are a few Making Tracks CTs in the area and seem decent. I have a family of 5 which include 3 under 9. The link below are the ads I have been mulling over for weeks trying to blindly choose a top 3 to check out

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-camper-trailers/toowoomba/c20105l3006427?price=__5500.00

If anyone has the time to have a look and offer advice I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

Nobby

KingBilly

Re: Hi and looking to buy!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »
Welcome to myswag.

Three kids in a soft floor will require a 10 foot tent at a minimum, even better a 12 foot.  Just be aware that the annexes on the imported CTs normally have heaps and heaps of sometimes flimsy poles.  Pain in the rear to set up and scary in a storm.

Happy camping
KB