Author Topic: E-Readers which one?  (Read 20876 times)

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: E-Readers which one?
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2013, 09:14:39 PM »
Hi Lino
Somehow I do not think such a book would be a big seller, as we do not have exctiing adventure filled lives, we live with our culture and customs, not a lot else.
Tjupurula

There is so much about it that we don't know and most of us white fellas would not survive that life as we have not had the skills handed down like you have and still are.  For you it is everyday life like my job and animals etc are to me but what I do so many other people do so it would not be an interesting book but not so many do what you do.  ;)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »
Hi Lino
Somehow I do not think such a book would be a big seller, as we do not have exctiing adventure filled lives, we live with our culture and customs, not a lot else.
Tjupurula

Would be good to hear some real culture and customs
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
There is so much about it that we don't know and most of us white fellas would not survive that life as we have not had the skills handed down like you have and still are.  For you it is everyday life like my job and animals etc are to me but what I do so many other people do so it would not be an interesting book but not so many do what you do.  ;)

Hi Nay-DMAX
When you think about it though, there is not all that much involved.  Tracking, hunting, reading animal sign, knowing various bush tucker and locating water, they are all pretty basic things.  Most of our kids can do these things before they go to school, as they come out with us nearly every weekend, they watch and learn.
Admittedly when we travel we do so very light, as we know the tracks where we are going, where the water is, and always get a few lizards, snakes, maybe a roo and if lucky a bush turkey along the way, it really is not as  hard as people think.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
Would be good to hear some real culture and customs

You can always watch the various things on tv, we do not own one, but I have they are pretty good for make believe garbage.  I will seriously give it some thought though.  My apologies to the OP for going off topic.
Tjupurula
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:44:05 PM by Tjupurula »

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
Hi Lino
Tjupurula

I'd would buy your book, and put it on Nay-DMAX's e-reader!

SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
Youb can always watch the various things on tv, we do not own one, but I have they are pretty good for make believe garbage.  I will seriously give it some thought though.  My apologies to the OP for going off topic.
Tjupurula
No apologies needed it was still about books and reading really.  I did not think when I started this post I would get this much information on the subject so very happy.

Hi Nay-DMAX
When you think about it though, there is not all that much involved.  Tracking, hunting, reading animal sign, knowing various bush tucker and locating water, they are all pretty basic things.  Most of our kids can do these things before they go to school, as they come out with us nearly every weekend, they watch and learn.
Admittedly when we travel we do so very light, as we know the tracks where we are going, where the water is, and always get a few lizards, snakes, maybe a roo and if lucky a bush turkey along the way, it really is not as  hard as people think.
Regards
Tjupurula

Probably not hard but to people from the city it would be, like as much as you cannot stand the city you could probably get a feed in one but not many people who live in the city could get themselves a feed where you live.  I think as long as people are happy with where they are that is what matters I have a job I really like and a few acres outside of a small country town, would I like to travel more of Aus? YES for sure and hope to get more chances for that but life is pretty good it is sad to hear how much some people hate there jobs and going to work.  Hope you get an ereader one day or your hands on some more things to read. ;D

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
I'd would buy your book, and put it on Nay-DMAX's e-reader!

I just thought of a good way to sell such a book.  Put a photo of my head on the front cover, the shop owners would buy all the copies to get my face off their shelves, or they could use it for commercial pest control...I do have a face that would scare the maggots off a dead dingo, but then I was about 5 before dad managed to stop me chasing parked cars...only kidding.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Bigmacthepunker

• Swag User
  • Life too short without good music.
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2013, 10:00:49 PM »
My wife is on her fourth kindle, not very well made in my opinion.
Cheers
Big G

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »

Hi Jan thanks so much for commenting and for putting so much information in your post that was very helpful especially the information about loading books etc.  I am the same I really like books and take a few if we go away not quite a bag full haha but usually at least 3 and just think it would be so much better to just have them all in one for travelling.  I will see if I can find a store that has a few kindle options to have a play with as it looks like JB don't stock them but I think dick smith do.  :cheers:

No worries, glad i could be of assistance.  I forgot to say if you end up going with a kindle then all you have to do is set up an account at Amazon and all the books you download is stored there in your library forever.  If you change kindles then you just download what books you want from your library, or all of them, it's your choice.
Jan
xxxx
Cheers

Al and/or Jan