Author Topic: CLUB 4x4 insurance  (Read 42946 times)

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
Re: CLUB 4x4 insurance
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2018, 12:38:00 AM »
Houses (and the land they sit on) - generally appreciate or go UP in value over time...    Once the old saying was:

"That your house will double in price about every 7-10 years...

Whilst most cars / daily drives - will depreciate quite a lot every year...  The saying comes to mind:   

"Drive a brand new car out of the sales yard  - and its instantly worth 10-15% less the next day"....     Or this one:   "The thrill of your new car smell disappears years earlier than your HP loan payments do"....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
  • Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts!
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
My premium did go up and agreed value went down, will not be renewing the car and camper trailer, time to go elsewhere.
Agreed value means to me say $50000 stay's $50000  and doesn't go down.

With the greatest of respect - if you're expecting that - you are not going to find it anywhere. It's not like that anywhere never has been and never will be.

Happy to cop abuse but for you to pin a concept like that on Club is totally unreasonable. It is agreed value - for the term of the policy - one year. Like every other insurance provider in the country. The difference that you've completely and totally ignored is that we cover your modifications, for a dollar value. Unless your car is stock, in which case that doesn't mean anything to you.

If you find someone that will give you the value they insure you on day one, forever - please let me know as ill swap all of my vehicle over personally - i will also start buying vehicles to insure in the same way - pretty good investment right?

Kalen
Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts
www.facebook.com/club4x4insurance/?ref=hl
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
My premium did go up and agreed value went down, will not be renewing the car and camper trailer, time to go elsewhere.
Agreed value means to me say $50000 stay's $50000  and doesn't go down.

Curious but how long is the agreed price supposed to last on a depreciating product.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Our Next Adventure Awaits.

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia-974622499297992/

Offline nab

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
My 2004 Pajero was insured for $18k agreed for the last 4 years, never changed at renewal. Insurance through Police & Nurses Bank. Have a few polices with them if that makes any difference.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2018, 08:32:35 PM »
I've never found a mainstream insurer who offered the same agreed value on any of my vehicles aside from my highly modified Celica that was with Allianz many years ago.

But the vehicle had to be inspected every year (even in Victoria) to ensure the mods were still there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup
The following users thanked this post: Club 4x4

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2018, 12:23:16 AM »
Credit where credit is due, I am a fair, no BS type of guy.

I've been critical of some of clubs policies/procedures in the past. But I have a story to tell.

I was parked up at work at 4am on a cold morning. Came out at 11am and a crack had formed through half the screen. Being in the West and the 2 hr time difference (after I had finished work) meant I had to organise my own screen. No biggie, just a phone call away. The next day, I rang club. They emailed me a claim #.

When the job was done, I paid and emailed the invoice. Funds were then transferred into my account.  Easy pezy.

I could have just waited till the next day and have them arrange the lot, but I got onto it straight away seeing the vehicle was now unroadworthy.

yep, its not a total loss or major claim, but in fairness, the the process was pretty painless. Thanks guys.

PS, Kalen I did get your PM but you lost me. I'm not sure if its worth pursuing in all reality.
NX Paj, Ultimate Xtrk and a few trips under the belt:

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

Offline KathyL

• Swag User
    • Ron & Kathy's Adventures
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2018, 03:45:55 PM »
When the job was done, I paid and emailed the invoice. Funds were then transferred into my account.  Easy pezy.
yep, its not a total loss or major claim, but in fairness, the the process was pretty painless. Thanks guys.
I had the same experience with a windscreen claim - couldn’t fault Club 4x4.

However, the experience I had with them when I lodged a claim after my camper trailer was sideswiped by a driver who failed to give way (my tow vehicle was not involved) could not have been more different and as a result I cancelled my claim, paid for the repairs myself and took my camper trailer insurance elsewhere.

Most of the discussion on this thread has been about policy premiums - I’d be interested to read about the experiences of others in relation to how their Club 4x4 claims (not windscreen or total loss) were handled and particularly those that involved another party/insurer.
2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser (aka Hers)
2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser (aka Hers2)
2015 Ultimate Xplor GT
Travel Blog:  Not At Home Today

Offline Club 4x4

• Swag User
  • Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts!
    • Club 4X4
« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
I've never found a mainstream insurer who offered the same agreed value on any of my vehicles aside from my highly modified Celica that was with Allianz many years ago.

But the vehicle had to be inspected every year (even in Victoria) to ensure the mods were still there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeh, i've had to do that with one of my other cars with Shannons every year for the last ten years - worth it though as it rarely gets riven and is immaculate - they always give me what i require.

I also ring around every year on all of my cars and bikes - what's insurance if your not going to get covered for what the asset is really worth right?

Kal
Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts
www.facebook.com/club4x4insurance/?ref=hl
WWW.Club4X4.COM.AU
1800 CLUB 4X4

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »
Just got an email from Club 4x4 about their insurance offerings. Insurance policies should be flexible so that I can alter my cover for when I am out on trips versus when I am just using it as a daily driver. It's only when I am on trips that I need extra cover for portables and extras but you send to be locked into paying for that all year round.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB