Author Topic: Tigerz11 Sale now on!  (Read 30327 times)

Offline Darren253

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
BCF and Ray's Outdoors are owned by the Supercheap group... I'm sure there is some common purchasing going on!!!
I have had the Tigerz 12,000lbs winch for over a year. I had to rebuild the solenoid after only a few months. It was badly corroded inside the solenoid contact plates and wouldn't engage. I cleaned it all up, sanded it down and packed it with silicon grease. It's been good ever since then.
2013 LC200 Altitude
2014 CC Exodus 14

Offline DAZnBEC

• THE MIGHTY MODCON!
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
Just did the math the one from supercheap looks the same as the tigerz11 but the control /solinoide is different the tiger one is fully sealed and made special for them and it comes with the wireless remote and 5 year warranty
So math bit supercheap winch $490 buy the control box from tigerz11 $175 plus wireless remote $50 off eBay

I'm back happy again :)

Just keep in mind the 5 year warranty only applies if the winch is fitted by a tigerz installer, who ever they are. It states this In the manual.

Daz

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
Tigerz11 Sale now on!
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2012, 01:38:47 AM »
Just keep in mind the 5 year warranty only applies if the winch is fitted by a tigerz installer, who ever they are. It states this In the manual.

Daz

Yep, so fit it yourself and you get 1 year of return to supplier for warranty.
Sorry guys I forgot to mention that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:41:52 AM by Ropes »
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Crockett

• Tent User
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2012, 01:47:25 AM »
Hi Ropes, what solenoid did the BCF one have , Im going to look at the Supercheap one tomorrow.
Cheers Dave

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:15 AM »
I'm back happy again :)
That's good - I'd hate to be responsible for putting you in a depressed mood!  ;D

I like the Tigerz winches - I think they're a good bit of gear. I think, as you've pointed out, that some of these cheaper winches are mising the features that you get as part of the Tigerz package.

I personally have no need or desire for a wireless remote, but the solid-state solenoid pack that Tigerz use is a big bonus for me. My plan, if I do end up with the Supercheap one, would be to run the original solenoid pack until it dies then swap it out for a "good" one. But knowing me, I'd probably end up doing it sooner rather than later as I'd be living in fear of the original carcing it.

Having a quick scout around the forums last night, it seems these 12,000lber SCA winches have been around for a while. Some people having good luck with them, some not. It seems there were a lot of negative vibes about the 9.5 SCA winch. Someone did mention the 12,000lb one having problems with running rope due to the heat build-up in the drum, but I was unable to verify whether they were talking from experience, or just opining.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has one of these units.

Cheers!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline schmik

• Tent User
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
On the subject of the awnings, the bag does leak.  A LOT.

IMO it is not the stitching, it is the zip. The zip is not at the bottom of the bag. It's NEAR the bottom.
Can't even think of a DIY way of fixing it.

Maybe add some drain holes at the bottom.

Offline Ropes

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Owner Operator of OFFTRAX WA
    • OFFTRAX WA
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
Hi Ropes, what solenoid did the BCF one have , Im going to look at the Supercheap one tomorrow.
Cheers Dave

Not exactly sure to be honest, I'll probably do the same as Matto though and upgrade it to the Tigerz one, definitely not for the wireless, because the Tigerz wireless is kinda stupid (it still has to be plugged in) but mainly for the better box it all comes in.
The BCF and I think the SCA ones don't come with a wireless controller, so I just installed something similar to this  12V Winch Wireless Remote Control Kit

Cheers
Craig
05 Nissan Patrol GU IV ST 4.2 TDi - Followed by a Metalian Maxi with original Australian Tent

OFFTRAX WA

Western Patrol Club Member

Offline Campfire

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
What a great link,  some pretty cheap gear there and definitely a few items which have caught my attention.

Thanks for posting that up.

Campfire

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
Long story short, there's now a 12,000 pounder from Supercheap sitting on my dining room table.

Will pull it down this week to re-grease, inspect the insides, and clock the gearbox housing. Might get a chance to install it this week, if not, it'll be about a month before I get another free weekend. Once it's on I'll give it a couple of trial runs to see if it works out. Worse-case, it blows up and I take it back for a refund. But I'm quietly confident - this particular winch seems to have been around for a while and so long as you take care of them, they seem to get a good rap from people who use them harder than I'm ever likely to.

And so ends my quest to send this thread about cheap Tigerz11 gear off into the sunset. As you were!

Cheers!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.