Author Topic: London Riots  (Read 13830 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
London Riots
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
Just watching the pure stupidity of it all on the tele before heading to the GM's new place.

I have rellos all over London, so it is concerning...

Why dont the pom's bring in the army? The cops are not able to do Shit out numbered 50:1. Bring in army, and just start shooting, 20mins later calm will be back to normal. The rioters are criminals with no care for people or their property, would anybody miss them if we removed them from the gene pool? Looks to me like they serve no useful purpose or they would be at work.

What if people were in those buildings that are burning that they wont let the fire brigade near?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/london-riots-spread-as-police-lose-control-20110809-1ijmm.html < - Police lose control? did they ever have it?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Draggin

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: London Riots
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 11:31:03 AM »
Can't quite agree with indiscriminate shooting mate but I know how you feel, it was my first sentiment.

It's pathetic, they are rioting because they think they are hard done by.

Wish they would become refugees and escape to a safe place where they have welfare support and bleeding hearts to look after them, somewhere like Syria or Iran or Afghanistan perhaps.

>:D
"Beneath the radiant Southern Cross"

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »
Bloody whinging poms...now they are taking to the streets... ;D.   

Whack a few of them in Greece and watch them change their minds. !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
Quote from: Draggin
Can't quite agree with indiscriminate shooting mate
No, I'd ask them to aim first...
bullets are expensive, cant afford to waste them, just ask the yanks..

I bet they wish they had kept their gobs shut and not interferred in all the middle east uprisings now. Its probably gadafi who is sending all the twitter texts encouraging the looters
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:39:29 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
great photo...
Reminds me of a Derek and Clive skit - JUMP YOU ***KER JUMP.... JUMP INTO THIS BLANKET WAT WE ARE 'OLDING....

http://www.smh.com.au/world/leap-of-life-woman-pictured-jumping-from-burning-building-20110809-1ikcj.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:55:27 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline toad

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
great photo...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/leap-of-life-woman-pictured-jumping-from-burning-building-20110809-1ikcj.html

Looks like she was pushed by some multi-ethnic creature.
Before anyone gets testy, the local newspapers infer the rioters are from multi-ethnic areas. Plus I'd add, weak minded locals looking to be famous.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:35:25 PM by toad »
cheers
Gary
2009 Cruiser 200 TTD
2007 Navara D40 2.5TD - wife's shopping trolley
2014 AOR Quantum

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
No respect.  Those types use any excuse to rob, loot and vandalise..... Bet they would be the first to complain if it was their car that was torched or house that was robbed.

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »
I consider it an act of terrorism and should be treated as such. Its that simple. Terrorism laws should be in effect with such un-social behavior. Now before all our civil libitarians jump up and down, yes you have the right to protest though should be peaceful and non destructive...... >:(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:39:27 PM by Teabag »
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
Quote from: Teabag
I consider it an act of terrorism and should be treated as such. Its that simple. Terrorism laws should be in effect with such un social behavior. Now before all our cilil libitarians jump up and down, yes you have the right to protest though should be peaceful and non destructive......
x eleventyteen.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »
Water cannon, serves 2 purposes, puts out the fires and clears out the rioters :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
The Poms need to recruit this mob, they appear to have the right answer for the current problem

Offline Teabag

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Water cannon, serves 2 purposes, puts out the fires and clears out the rioters :)

Water cannons for limp male anatomy.....Go hard and send a message it won't be tollerated.......
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
Go hard and send a message it won't be tollerated.......

Rubber bullets like in the old IRA days...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Rod Camping

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • 2009 Lifestyle Extenda-2011 Nissan Patrol ST Wagon
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Why dont the pom's bring in the army? The cops are not able to do Shit out numbered 50:1. Bring in army, and just start shooting, 20mins later calm will be back to normal. The rioters are criminals with no care for people or their property, would anybody miss them if we removed them from the gene pool? Looks to me like they serve no useful purpose or they would be at work.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/london-riots-spread-as-police-lose-control-20110809-1ijmm.html < - Police lose control? did they ever have it?

Mate,

Just like Australia the Poms wont use the Army to go in a calm the situation. How would the public of the country feel if their Army went in and started shooting and there were civlian casulaties, not only the terrorists getting shot, but say your mum that worn a stray bullet that was meant for one of the terrorists.
As much training as we do you dont always hit the target that your aiming for. there are so many environmental conditions to take into consideration. Most likely civilian casualties would have arisen from ricoshays.

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »
the cops are always going to be massivly outnumbered in these situations so they need to make use of a few crowd dispersing tools -  BRING OUT THE TEAR GAS ;D I say

Offline Teabag

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »
the cops are always going to be massivly outnumbered in these situations so they need to make use of a few crowd dispersing tools -  BRING OUT THE TEAR GAS ;D I say

I can confirm, tear gas is really uncool and will stop you in your tracks real quick. Oh, yes, I have had the displeasure of experiencing it....

Offline BeNos

• Swag User
  • official newb to the c/t world
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
as far as im concerned anybody rioting and looting is scum. an oxygen thief. 
i say shoot first ask questions later. no need to shoot to kill so to speak but if you dont take the hard line straight up they just keep running all over you.
im just trying to work out why they are rioting anyway? got me beat
89 swb mav. with plenty spend on her. more needed though
2011 trackabout deluxe tourer but not quite standard. now at home.

Offline Sharky

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • AORC - Odyssey Export
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »
I can confirm, tear gas is really uncool and will stop you in your tracks real quick. Oh, yes, I have had the displeasure of experiencing it....

Amen Teabag. Those trips to the CS building are memorable for the pain.

Just heard on the news that the police are seeking extraordinary powers including the use of tear gas. Seems it's not in their list of standard items - at least our police have that up their sleeves!
Sharky
LC105 & AORC - Odyssey Export

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
as far as im concerned anybody rioting and looting is scum. an oxygen thief. 
i say shoot first ask questions later. no need to shoot to kill so to speak but if you dont take the hard line straight up they just keep running all over you.
im just trying to work out why they are rioting anyway? got me beat

I dont know too much about it, but from what little Ive read it was taking the hard line thats started it all. The police shot and killed some mug and now we have riots ???

Offline tinkera

• Tent User
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
I don.t think you,ll have to worry about any bleeding hearts backing them up on this forum Teabag. Bring  in the Army I say and start kicking some arse and quick.Tinkera.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »
Quote from: shanegtr
I dont know too much about it, but from what little Ive read it was taking the hard line thats started it all. The police shot and killed some mug and now we have riots ???
some bloke apparently shot at the cops, they shot back = he was bad shot, they were good shots. I see that as fair.

the riots have nothing to do with the shooting.. they are just bored and brain dead..
One bloke on news they interviewed, his family has had the shop that was burnt out behind him since the 1800's... he now has no work, none of his family do, and neither do the 15 people he employed.. Yep, theres some einsteins at work there in UK at moment
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 09:15:23 PM »
some bloke apparently shot at the cops, they shot back = he was bad shot, they were good shots. I see that as fair.
Heard on the news that it is possible he had a fake gun, and that the bullet lodged in the coppers radio was from a police gun. That said, he was doing the wrong thing and had a gun (whether or not it was real or not).

I heard tonight that the Home Secretary had ruled out bringing in the Army. I would think they need the army now. This is not a protest, it is mindless vandalism and criminality. The British authorities need to get control. These are stupid kids; bored, uneducated and with little hope. They need the Army just to cool things off. Not armed with rifles, truncheons, flog these idiots if they refuse to comply.

The Army is representative of society in general, so it's a fair bet some of them have relo's who are involved. Flogging family would be hard.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Sharky
Just heard on the news that the police are seeking extraordinary powers including the use of tear gas. Seems it's not in their list of standard items - at least our police have that up their sleeves!

but think on the bright side, our cops* would just open fire

* Victoria...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline whitey

• Tent User
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
My youngest son is over in Manchester at the moment and hasn't much respect for a lot of the
 " undiciplined" youth he sees wandering around, we know them as wingers and he said that is an understatement... he remembers the movie Romper Stomper and sees it in real life in numerous suburbs over there... hope he moves on back across to Wales for awhile or catches a Ferry across the Channel :-[        

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
The sound you can hear in the background to much of the TV coverage is Enoch Powell laughing from the grave at being proved exactly right. When he predicted this several decades ago, he was reviled as a racist. Now, tragically, he has been proved right.
The Pom prime minister, who makes Juliar look decisive, is totallly out of his depth.
Army. Live rounds. NOW. End of problem in about an hour. Half a dozen bodies. Call it improving the gene pool.
Cheers, Tony