Author Topic: Tekonsha p3 brake controller boost button??  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Moopla

• Swag User
Tekonsha p3 brake controller boost button??
« on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »
Hey all, i've just had the Tekonsha P3 brake controller fitted to the ute and and am very happy with it's performance so far. The DVD that came with the unit mentions that you have 4 settings from mild to wild determined on the weight of the trailer you are towing these were referred to as the "boost settings". According to the DVD and the manual all i have to do is press the button at the top right corner on the p3 and it will change the settings. Now the unit works well without the boost option but i was havin a fiddle as you do, and can't figure out how to select these boost options. The button works when i close other menu options but no change on the standard screen. Just wondering if any other owners have experienced the same issue?? Thanks Matt.

Offline Tim - Stratford

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Sarah's Canvas Products
    • Canvas Jaffle Iron Covers
Re: Tekonsha p3 brake controller boost button??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
G'day Matt,

I haven't got the instructions with me but I think if you press the boast button the picture of the car/trailer with change indicating a higher level of brake force. Starts off as single axle trailer, the double axle etc...

Sarah's Canvas Products...
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=30053.0

Offline Moopla

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »
Yeah the instructions and dvd are clear that if you press the button on the top right it will chang from B1, B2 etc and the picture will change from the single axle trailer to a dual and larger, but i can't seem to get it to change settings, must be operator error. Will try again in the daylight. thanks

Offline BJ76

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
Moopla,
This may be a silly question, but you do have a braked trailer hooked up while you are playing with the settings???
The boost settings on mine won't change unless the trailer is connected.

BJ
2010 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab SR5 TD & Lifestyle Extenda (with a couple of enhancements in mind!)

Offline Moopla

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
Yeah bj all hooked up in the driveway, every other option works fine, i can change the power setting right through to the display colour, all very clear to read and understand. Just won't change boost settings.  ??? I dunno time for a few beers and a fresh look tommorrow. :cheers:

Offline Estelle

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • New members of the leisure club
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »
Hopefully a new dawn will fix all.  Amazing how things can become clearer overnight.
Chris & John

05 DiD Platinum Pajero, Cub Spacevan Drover Off Road