Author Topic: Coromal Family 400 Off Road Camper Trailer  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Madmick13

• Learning the Ropes
Coromal Family 400 Off Road Camper Trailer
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »
We have just sold our soft floor camper and are looking at going in a different dirrection. I have noticed the Coromal Family 400 Off Road Camper Trailer on the Coromal web site for round the same money as a Jayco Outback and wondered if anyone out there had heard any reports or experiences good or bad about them.
Thanking You
Mick

Offline seqfisho

• So much Australia, Never enough Holidays
  • Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Coromal Family 400 Off Road Camper Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »
Hi Mick,

There are a few options around now if you are thinking along the lines of the Jayco Outbacks, as we are also.

I have had a good look at the F400 and it does come out looking good with a large kitchen area, reasonable lounge, good canvas and better finished compared to the Jayco's, the other things I liked were the twin gas bottles in the front boot, compact fluro lights, the large opening kitchen wall panel and the independant suspension, although the clearance isn't as high as the Jayco's.

I have also been interested in the new Golf Bush Challenger, which is almost identical to the 2010 Jayco Swan but with a much better finish and quite a few Jayco options as standard. It also is in the same price range as the F400.

There are also some well priced 2008-2010 Jayco's coming onto the second hand market so it looks like we will have plenty of choices.
Cheers Glen
2007 Rodeo VCDi DCab, Reasonably stock no longer ;-)
Now Camperless

Offline ryangus

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »
I've been looking around for similar options.  The Wild River Rockwood is looking better the more I investigate.  I bit more expensive than the Jaycos, but look tougher and have more features.

Racer

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »
I stumbled across the F400 recently after perusing for a new camper. They do look good.

The wife and I viewed the Jayco, Golf Bush Challenger and a few others at Rosehill earlier this year...so many decisions and at the price of a new one it doesn't really seem to be worth going second hand.

Offline rodw

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »
We have just sold our soft floor camper and are looking at going in a different dirrection. I have noticed the Coromal Family 400 Off Road Camper Trailer on the Coromal web site for round the same money as a Jayco Outback and wondered if anyone out there had heard any reports or experiences good or bad about them.
Thanking You
Mick

From what I can gather, they would be pretty good. We chose the Coromal Magnum pop top. If it is like mine, the XC version will have 32" tyres and with them fitted, there is no way a Jayco will have better clearance...

UIZ733

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
Mick, you have a message.
Regards P