Author Topic: Second hand SURPRISE  (Read 6517 times)

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
Re: Second hand SURPRISE
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
JB Hi fi may have received the camera from the importer that way as well. Another retailer fleeced and they send it back to wholesaler etc etc. I have seen this happen before
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline jtraf

• Tent User
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
Ok here the update from tonight when I went to change the camera over for my new one.

I walked in just before closing cause that was the earliest I could get there.  I went up to the guy that severed me last night and he was busy so called over another sales person.  The guy comes over and I explain that I am there to change over the second hand camera for the new one I bought last night.  He took camera off me and went and got the new one for me.  He opened the box and pulled the camera and advised me to check it out to make sure I was happy that this one was new!!!!!!! I politely asked for him to please pack it in the box as obviously it was all packed properly and obviously they had already check it out.  I then asked what they would do to compensate wasting my time and selling me the second hand camera.  by this stage the first sale person from last night was also standing there.  He said nothing you have your new camera what else do we owe you?  I advised that I had seen him check the camera box last night by opening it and looking at the camera prior to putting it in the bag for me to take.

I know there are doubters that say i should give them the benefit of the doubt but if he is a salesmen selling cameras for a living he knows what a new in box camera should look like.  He knew it was used but was hoping that I would not notice.  Anyway they upgraded my memory card to a 16gb as a token guesture.

Again I should have opened the box before leaving the store.  From now on I will ask to see the product I am buying before I pay and will check it again before I leave the store.  I am partly to blame but they do try and sell 2nd hand stuff every day.

James
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:44:44 PM by jtraf »
James - 1994 Patrol GQ TD42T Auto dragging around our 2007 Trackabout Safari Camper

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
Good result.....We all make mistakes, just some make them more often than others.   ;D

Take it as lesson learnt...... ;D

PS: I would hate to be in the retail business.........
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:55:40 PM by Teabag »
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline jeeps

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • The Aussie Storm Shop
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
Well JB were good with me last week. I bought a new standard definition SD video camera to replace my old miniDV tape camera. I took it home opened it up and charged the battery. Had a bit of a record with it around home and plugged it into the laptop and downloaded the the video. I was very dissapointed with the video quality so i called them and asked if i could come in the next day and pay the extra and upgrade to the HD model. So i packed it back up and took it back and paid the extra. They took a quick look in the box but it was obviously still brand new so no dramas there. And my new HD camera works great. I'll post up a video if you like ;)

cheers
www.aussiestormshop.com.au | www.aussieberkeyshop.com.au
Offroad Camper Trailer with an Austrack top & Drifta kitchen, mostly assembled by me :)

Offline Crisp Image

• Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again!
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »
A friend use to work in camera retail. He said it was great except for the customers.
I only dealt with him. Never any other salesman.
Regards
Crisp Image

2008 Outback Sturt, 2010 Prado 150 D4D Tug

Offline rotare

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
I have stuffed up at work.. even over a million dollars worth...
 Obviously you blokes dont.... It must be good

Touche.  I wonder if this is how the current American culture started, with no-one any longer accepting a simple apology, and everyone taking one another to court with the intent of suing each others pants off over the most trivial things.

Makes you wonder hey.