Author Topic: Kunnunurra  (Read 1876 times)

Offline brumby

• Learning the Ropes
Kunnunurra
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
Hi just wondering about accomodation in Kunnunurra about the middle of July if anyone knows what its like. We  would like a powered site for our CT and wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to get sites there that time off the year and how far we would need to book ahead. Thanks
Landcruiser Prado 08 GXL, Tambo Omeo Camper

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
Re: Kunnunurra
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
It can get pretty busy, another option is to stay at Lake Argyle or keep River National Park on NT side of WA.

IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline Blue Bravo

• adventure before dementia
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Theres something like 7 caravan parks in Kunnunara, but it is advisable to ring ahead during the winter
Glenn

A member of the leisure class

Offline RichardNT

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:59:26 PM »
I would recomend to book ahead, when we lived over there (left 3 years ago) we have seen queue's to the caravan parks at 7am during the peak season.
Also the Ag Show is on 8&9 July so the oval is not available for camping putting more pressure on the other parks.
I will probably be over for the Ag Show.

Richard

Offline tommo

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • the memorys
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
I know the town caravan park as 7 nice new cabins... I  hooked them up in October/November last year... its a good central spot tho close to every thing and there is lots of mango trees in the park!
or u could free camp at the sun set look out point at lake argyle... can get windy up there tho..
2005 gu patrol 2009 tambo copper

geordie4x4

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »
We rocked up to the Hidden Valley caravan park in July last year and easily got an un-powered site out on a nice green lawn area and with a fantastic short walk through the fence to the Hidden Valley gorge.
Powered sites were mostly full and the main camping area was chockers with tour groups. 

Offline Alchemist

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:44:28 PM »
I've been staying at the Ivanhoe this week.  So far, I've seen them put up a "Sorry, no vacancies" or "Sorry, no powered sites" sign up almost every day of this past week. Definitely recommend booking ahead.
 :cheers:

Alchemist