Author Topic: Tambo Omeo feed back.  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Pling

• Tent User
Tambo Omeo feed back.
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:07:37 PM »
Gday all,

The Omeo has been out for a while now and am Interested in hearing from owners how they are going, pro's and con's !

Cheers

Offline GU Rich

• "RED DUST BOUND"
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT'S CAMPING.
Re: Tambo Omeo feed back.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
Friends of ours have one, They have been out at least twice a month since they picked it up. They love it! Its there first camper.

Rich
IF YOU SEE US OUT AND ABOUT COME AND SAY G'DAY!

FOLLOW ME ON
https://www.instagram.com/offroad_touring/

Offline brumby

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
Hi weve had one for a few months but only really used it once for 3 nights. Heading off soon to NT and WA. WE are very happy with ours it has heaps of room and is just about impossible to fill the storage space up whem travelling as it has heaps of room. We got the full power set up and it works great. The walkway is great to get in the bed there is no climbing. One thing I wasnt real keen on was the travel cover. The tie straps are a pain when you want to get to the lockers and the kitchen when its packed up. It also cant be removed when the tent is up and if its not rolled up properly water gets in it when it rains. Our first trailer had a zippered/velcroed travel cover and was completly removable and it was great. Only that and another thing and it is great
Landcruiser Prado 08 GXL, Tambo Omeo Camper

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »
One thing I wasnt real keen on was the travel cover. The tie straps are a pain when you want to get to the lockers and the kitchen when its packed up. It also cant be removed when the tent is up and if its not rolled up properly water gets in it when it rains. Our first trailer had a zippered/velcroed travel cover and was completly removable and it was great.

We had the same issue with our Tambo Cooper, Keith's explanation was zips can fail, especially when people overfill the top, hence why he doesn't fit them.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Pumbaa

• Tent User
  • Got the 4 x4 and the Omeo C/T, Where to Now
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »
I can't count yet as I don't have mine yet... But I can't wait to pick it up.

Gunna watch this thread.

Greg

Offline hookedon4wding

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • My Videos
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:50 AM »
Latest Camper Trailer Australia mag has a DVD from last months Soft Floor Shoot Out that features an Omeo. Might be worth a look.