Author Topic: Shade cloth wall  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Muso

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The beatings will stop when morale improves
Shade cloth wall
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:57:43 AM »
We have a Cub camper with an awning only. I was going to have a full annexe fitted, but have changed my mind.
Wife suggested a shade cloth (sun was shining in) so suggested a shade cloth panel approx. 2m x 2m with velcro loops on the top so it could be hung over the top rail of the awning to block out sun/wind or rain (to a degree), and as it's interchangeable, it could be hung wherever it was most needed.

What started this idea was in a CP last w/e, but the park allocates you any site. Because we like coastal camping, most of the weather comes from the west, so it would be best to have the living area facing the east (backs to the wind/rain) which means the drawbar would be pointing south.
So in future if we go to a CP, I will check or ask for a site where the drawbar points south. Not all parks show a sitemap on their website, so I will get them to photocopy an email and choose my own.

Just a tip to keep in mind.
Cheers Glenn

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Shade cloth wall
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:14:53 AM »
The shade cloth wall is what we use ,except instead of velcro try paper clips ( 25mm clamps ) bulldog clamps . Store in a bag & gan be used anywhere . I have used add signage from the Melb cup simply clamping it to the poles , 3 clamps  on 3 poles put the poles on the cloth to stop them moving about . we found that the paper clamps can be put anywhere whenever you want , velcro has to be sewed on
To go 1 step further to bug proof the annexe we clamp  tule as light weight , cheap bug netting to cover the open areas , works well . Chech out CamperTrailer Australia issue 39 to see the handy work . if you want details PM me  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline hutchie62

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • I'll drink to that.
Re: Shade cloth wall
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »
 Chech out CamperTrailer Australia issue 39 to see the handy work . if you want details PM me  :cheers:
[/quote] Speewa you might be able to forward on one of those extra copies you have on the pallet. :laugh:
2013 Cab Chassis Landcruiser with goodies, 2008 Cub Supamatic Drover.