Author Topic: Express advertorial?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline codycoaster

• Learning the Ropes
Express advertorial?
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:46:51 AM »
Saw this job on Seek today:

The Express Media Group is looking for an experienced, passionate and organised Advertorial Feature Writer to join the Leisure Motoring team, taking an integral role amongst a wide range of advertorial features now being developed across our magazine titles.
 ???
How bleeding sad is that? Always knew there was an element of this, but didn't realise they were so brazen about it.

Happy reading! I won't be renewing my sub to CTT!  :4x4:

Cody

Offline olddigger

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Express advertorial?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
Indeed, Cody. As a retired journo of 50 years standing, I find that very sad indeed. And typical of modern magazines. All you get for your $9.95 is anodyne articles, pretty pictures and puff paragraphs. I've given up buying any of them. Get more (and better) info on here. Free. And why do their editors think that everybody is fascinated with Fraser bloody Island? If I see one more article about the bloody place, I may just fly over east and give somebody a slap.
Cheers, Tony

Offline albyback1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Never too busy to go camping
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »
Indeed, Cody. As a retired journo of 50 years standing, I find that very sad indeed. And typical of modern magazines. All you get for your $9.95 is anodyne articles, pretty pictures and puff paragraphs. I've given up buying any of them. Get more (and better) info on here. Free. And why do their editors think that everybody is fascinated with Fraser bloody Island? If I see one more article about the bloody place, I may just fly over east and give somebody a slap.
Cheers, Tony

You will have to wait in line pal!!!  ;D

Frost at Maquarie Woods, half way Bathurst and orange
Every where I go I bring pleasure. Sometimes it's when I arrive... but usually its when I leave!

Offline rescue1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • D40 Navara [HIS] T31 X-Trail [HERS]
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »
Given that most of the staff there are even trained journos having somebody there that understands the process may just complicate things far too much