Author Topic: Attempting to make up my mind on a new tug  (Read 6771 times)

Offline meimarocu

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Attempting to make up my mind on a new tug
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
Mate i have a GQ 4.2 wagon in good nick, my out laws have a 80 series as well.
save the hassel and go the 80 or if $$ GU.More room nicer to tour in and with kids(i have 3)
and room and comforts matter.(If shes happy everyones happy)
Dont get me wrong when i bought my truck 6+ years ago i was into harder 4wding
and GQ's are great for that.I have been out to Alice and all over Nth Qld in her and she has
never really let me down but they are 20ish yrs old now and a bit agricultural.

Cheers Ian
Hope i have not put you off.

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »
Don't get a 88GQ carby(Like my bus) i get 200ish out of a full tank, and thats drving easy!
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

pacs

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 09:04:18 AM »
Mate i have a GQ 4.2 wagon in good nick, my out laws have a 80 series as well.
save the hassel and go the 80 or if $$ GU.More room nicer to tour in and with kids(i have 3)
and room and comforts matter.(If shes happy everyones happy)
Dont get me wrong when i bought my truck 6+ years ago i was into harder 4wding
and GQ's are great for that.I have been out to Alice and all over Nth Qld in her and she has
never really let me down but they are 20ish yrs old now and a bit agricultural.

Cheers Ian
Hope i have not put you off.

:cheers: Ian and yes if she is happy everyone is happy  ;D
hence the reason I'm looking at the more mod con GU even though I'll probably only be able to get a 98-2002 model it has to be better then the lemon VY wagon she has done nothing but complain about over the past two years and that I have thrown money at the whole time we have had it and it would be right that now I seem to have ironed all the issues out of it that we are going to trade it and be at an even bigger loss lol ahh cars

Don't get a 88GQ carby(Like my bus) i get 200ish out of a full tank, and thats drving easy!
hi mystq I remember the k's my farther in law used to get out of his GQ with dual fuel and they where not great if it was just for me to bang to work and back in and then do the od weekend trip I wouldn't mind so much but as Ian said above it missy is happy then everyone is happy :cheers:

Offline meimarocu

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
:cheers: Ian and yes if she is happy everyone is happy  ;D
hence the reason I'm looking at the more mod con GU even though I'll probably only be able to get a 98-2002 model it has to be better then the lemon VY wagon she has done nothing but complain about over the past two years and that I have thrown money at the whole time we have had it and it would be right that now I seem to have ironed all the issues out of it that we are going to trade it and be at an even bigger loss lol ahh cars

You dont have to tell me about the VY thing.We have a VE sedan wich has depreciated quicker than last weeks pay.
We are looking at selling it,but its worthless and will end up costing me $$$$$..lesson lernt and time to cut my
losses.

Ian.