Poll

Can you help with info about bushboy and bushman campers from Maroochydore?

yes
2 (22.2%)
no
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Bushboy campers  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Live.Love.Camp.

• Learning the Ropes
Bushboy campers
« on: January 09, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking at purchasing a rearfold camper off a guy that is a Bushman Camper. It is really well made-good quality canvas, good re-inforcing where needed on a good quality trailer.
In an effort to find out more about them, I've search numerous places on the net only to find that the closest thing to the camper that I'm looking at is made by a company in Maroochydore called Bushboy Campers. The camper that I'm interested in is definately a Bushman Camper from Qld that's about 5 - 10 years old. I know there is a company in Victoria that make a Bushman but it is a side fold camper that is totally unrelated. These Bushboy campers look to be a slightly cheaper version too. Can anyone shed some light on this? Was this Bushboy Camper company originally making Bushman Campers, but stopped the Bushman to import or make the cheaper Bushboy? Does anyone know of a website for Bushman Campers from Maroochydore? Also can anyone point me in the direction of ideas and companies that make kitchen setups to slide out from the side of the camper and not the back?

Offline areyonga

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Bushboy campers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »
Have a look at the rearfold Xtrail Ranger with a side slide out kitchen.

Wil
Toyota Landcruiser 200, Olympic Marathon 22.6 van

Offline Live.Love.Camp.

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
Thanks Wil,
I'll check them out

Offline 6cliftons

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »
I have a bushboy camper and it is fantastic.  Very good quality canvas (the best i've come across) and when you are just stopping overnight you can just unfold and get in without much work at all.  I love the fact that you have 2 access points into the trailer when the camper is up and that is through the tail gate in the tent and you can still get in by lifting the camper up.  You don't have to climb over your partner when getting up because this trailer folds back not over to the side.
I have nothing but praise for this camper, it's fantastic.

Offline Bob

• Sleeping Bag User
    • Central Coast 4WD Club
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
Have a look at this link....Kangaroo Tent City. at bottom of page.
Is this what you have?

We bought one of these and put it on a GIC trailer, it has rear access in the tent and the tent folds up from the front for access also.
We were looking for a rear fold and found this at the Parramatta store.

Online tagman

• Tent User
    • unique test tags / labels
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

These are the same camper tops. kangaroo tent city purchase the bush boy camper tops from camping country at Maroochydore and re sell them.

I have had a bush boy camper for 2 years now and love it - very well made. as i understand the Bushman was their early go at a camper. Made on site at the camping shop. As the product grew they started importing the tops from china and re branded them "bush boy".All of the trailers are made locally.

They are always making improvements to their campers and always listen to the end users.

Brett
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:11:02 PM by tagman »
www.tags2u.com.au

Offline Matt02

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:45 AM »
Hi Live.Love.Camp,
If you are looking at a rear fold camper from Maroochydore then it will more likely be the Bushboy. I too have one of these and it is well made camper. After talking to Jarrod (the owner of CampingCountry, whose Dad Robert makes the camper) they did indeed used to be called Bushman, but had to change because as you have found out there is another company Bushman campers based in Vic. This was deemed to be a breach or copy, or whatever it is with ASIC and registered comapny names. This led to them being renamed Bushboy.

The trailers are made in Caloundra, and the camper top made in China. It is a very well made camper top, with a LOT of thought and experience gone into the manufacture. I was most impressed with the camper top, which is why I bought one. This is my 3rd camper over the past 10years, one Jayco, an Australian made and the Bushboy. I believe the Bushboy canvas to be better than the Australian made canvas one that we had. I also got to have a lot of input into how I wanted the trailer designed as i needed it to be built to withstand a couple of cape trips and when we go to the Kimberlys in the next 18mths.

There has been an upgrade to the canvas which has resulted in a strighter wall over the head area of the be, which makes it a lot better, I wish this was available when we bought ours.

Cheers
Matt