Author Topic: Can you help Please  (Read 6584 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Can you help Please
« on: June 14, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
For those that live /  have camped around Ebor NSW .. Im trying to find out where this spot might be, All I know is its in gorge country  out from  Ebor .. 
Thanks in advance all .  PM  if you know and would like to keep it on the Quiet would be appreciated ..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:58:36 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Can you help Please
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »
If I knew a place like that I wouldn't be telling anyone.  ;D
The following users thanked this post: loanrangie

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:18:09 PM »
If I knew a place like that I wouldn't be telling anyone.  ;D
x everynumberinhistory
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 03:21:00 PM »
Send some money down and i will keep looking until i find it for you,  i promise i will tell you where it is when i find it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »
Thanks fellas,  yeah I know its a very long shot . 

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Looks nice. Very similar to the Turon
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
Can't help ya with that one...  but for the right answer -  (to the gps coordinates on where that beautiful spot is )...   I'll trade ya on where this one is...   hehe...

(Waterfall...   is at the end of that grassy camping area...).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »
looks like the "can you name this place" thread needs a revival.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Hookie

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 05:31:32 PM »
Ebor has long been on my to-do list. If I knew where that place was it would be bumped up several spots.

Offline woolgoolgaoffroad

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Hardfloor
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »
For those that live /  have camped around Ebor NSW .. Im trying to find out where this spot might be, All I know is its in gorge country  out from  Ebor .. 
Thanks in advance all .  PM  if you know and would like to keep it on the Quiet would be appreciated ..

hey edz

having camped up there heaps- i think someone is having a lend of you. Honestly doesn't look like anything around there ( but i was wrong back in 1998 )... even if you head into guy fawkes its still not the same terrain. Looks like it floods in your pic and they don't get big water at Ebor. Might be Styx River camp site or even Wattle flat, maybe Hyatt Flat
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:07:59 PM by woolgoolgaoffroad »
Kev

http://woolgoolgaoffroad.blogspot.com.au
Landcruiser + Ultra Breakaway

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »

You could just send Kenny a pm, it is his photo and camper.  He may not get back to you for a while as last I heard he should be in the top end by now, Kakadu way or Arnhem Land maybe.  He is a member here and he may get back to you but will take a while. 

I have a roughish idea of where he may have camped but that is if it is even the same area it is just as difficult to describe where as how to get there.  Kenny knows too many good secret spots. 

In the mean time have a look at the Styx River on the northern side of the Kempsey Road and on the southern side down Raspberry Road onto the Chandler River.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
Thanks Basey  ;D   Kev and Al ..I lived at Hernani and Hillgrove for a number of years as a kid and still visit family regularly .Did ask Kenny but never got a reply, though with traveling he may have missed it ...
Going by his post at the time, its a steep drive in so that tells me its possible gorge country  ..

Offline bullfrog

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 06:46:22 PM »
$5 each way on Styx river. :cheers:
GQ 4.2d;usual off road goodies;h/made fridge slide /roller draw system;cago barriersetc. Tows a '06 trackabout deluxe tourer with some safari options.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »
$5 each way on Styx river. :cheers:

I am thinking it is a little further a field then just the Styx, but with Kenny you wouldn't know.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 07:50:54 PM »
Google images have similar pics on the Styx but  not that similar to what Edz posted or maybe I didn't look hard enough
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
Can't help ya with that one...  but for the right answer -  (to the gps coordinates on where that beautiful spot is )...   I'll trade ya on where this one is...   hehe...

Think I know that one, I'd have to take a mortgage out to take the family there though.  :'(

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
Yep, you know it then...   
Okay for a couple - but more / more $$!!...

Keep it stum I reckon...   see if we can get the grid reference for the Stix BOL...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:22:47 PM by BaseCamp »
You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:03 PM »
Looks like Natural Bridge Retreat to me The one Base camp put up....need to sell an organ to take the family camping there
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
Looks like Natural Bridge Retreat to me The one Base camp put up....need to sell an organ to take the family camping there

What, like more than $20 per night for a campsite ??   >:D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
What, like more than $20 per night for a campsite ??   >:D

It would be $228 per night for my family!

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »
It would be $228 per night for my family!
we rented a house at 1770 for much less then that a night ($150 a night it cost)....house was high on the hill looking over the ocean aswell as the bay also. We saw the sunrise over the ocean from the front part of the verandah  in the morning, then from It's left side of the verandah were it wrapped around the house we saw it set over the bay / the mountains behind it in the afternoon. More power to the property owners if they get people willing to pay thier asking price to stay there, won't be my family though.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »
More power to the property owners if they get people willing to pay thier asking price to stay there, won't be my family though.
+1

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 09:41:30 PM »
hey edz

having camped up there heaps- i think someone is having a lend of you. Honestly doesn't look like anything around there ( but i was wrong back in 1998 )... even if you head into guy fawkes its still not the same terrain. Looks like it floods in your pic and they don't get big water at Ebor. Might be Styx River camp site or even Wattle flat, maybe Hyatt Flat

Not Wattle Flat, either the picnic area or the campsite area (was called Farewell Flat). Don't know Hyatt Flat well enough - not Pantons Point either. Trees are too dense for Wattle Flat and Panton's Point. There are a load of side trails off of Forest Way that could lead to somewhere like that in Styx though.

If Kev's not sure, then I think we're running out of ideas...

BUT, I think that the vegetation suggests on the East of the dividing range, so definitely towards Ebor. Doesn't ring a bell for the camps in Chaelundai and around Nymbodia either, but the foliage is getting closer to rainforest that way, which that is more like.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
Theres a few places back towards and East of Dundurrabin /   down towards the  Glen Fernaigh river out of Tyringham might be another [ Ceder log rd ]   I thought it could have been inn too .

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
Okay.  I am pretty sure I know where this place is. 

But. 

As Kenny said in his comments about the place, it's like Halls Peak and took him 2.5 hrs to get in and 3.5 hrs to get out.  Having an idea of the area and if it is where I think he is from speaking to others it is difficult to get to. 

For those that do not know Halls Peak, have a look.  https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/camping-and-accommodation/campgrounds/halls-peak-campground/visitor-info  It is gated and you need to get a key to get down there.  It is a steep long climb and due to previous incidents it has been locked for safety reasons as well as the banning of trailers into Halls Peak.  Due in part to the number of 'accidents' from people trying to climb up with a trailer in the wet and coming of the track altogether and needing a large scale recovery.  Guess at whose expense in a National Park.

That said, if it is the place I am thinking of, it is still in National Park but due to it's remoteness is not gated at present.  The track in is not maintained and as desricbed by a bloke that has property in the area, it can be a very tricky and dangerous track if not very careful.  Like the track to Halls Peak there is a drop of about 700m so the first step could be a doozy.   For it to take Kenny 2.5 hrs to get down and 3.5 hrs to get out means to me it wasn't easy.

I am not saying where I think it is, just in case I am wrong (has been known to happen) and send you off on a rather wild and dangerous goose chase.  And your safety is the other reason why.  I don't wont you blaming me for an accident....(but he said....). 

Hopefully Kenny will be back before long and can answer all our questions.  After he takes me down there.   ;D

Cheers

Al and/or Jan