Author Topic: People being judged for leaving the house, but sometimes they valid reasons  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
The other day I saw I really good post on Facebook the other day about the community judging people who aren’t at staying home 24/7, but some people have their own private reasons/battles for being out and below were just some of the examples. I have to say I have stopped judging people.

Barry who is going to Bunnings every second day to buy paint and supplies to paint his house.  What people doesn’t realise is Barry is a recovering alcoholic, so seeing his AA meetings aren’t currently going ahead it’s either Barry keeps busy by painting the house or in his boredom he will go to the bottle shop and start drinking again.

Or Sue is out at her local nursery buying plants, but Sue suffers major depression and doing her garden up for the next season is her happy place.

Or then we have Kim and her 4 Kids aimlessly walking around her local shopping centre, That’s because her husband is drunk and angry at home so she needs to get out of the house with the kids until he sobers up.
The following users thanked this post: edz, paceman, Fizzie, Craig Tomkinson

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Thats pretty much it Huh Beachy, Unless you know the people and theire situations , you should just mind your own  business ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
On that, our young bloke is just heading out to the shops.

Why ???

To get a present for his Mum's birthday! ;D

Is that an "essential" trip ???

Bloody oath it is!!! ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
Yeah, I think some cops are going a bit over the top. Like the learner driver who was fined $1652 in Victoria because the cop decided it wasn’t essential.

Looks like this is going to be reviewed but if getting a takeaway coffee, hair cut or going to buy something at Kmart is ok, or a crowded farmers market then surely learning to drive is ok.

I imagine that a lot of people getting fined for simply being out and about might have their fine quashed if they took it to court. The PM has said being able to buy jigsaw puzzles is essential so the bar has been set pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Just let 'em judge..... their problem.

I'm off to my Mum's in a few days, to drop off some Shit tickets for her.
At nearly 97 now, she ain't going without dunny rolls.
I even have her favourite brand.... a nice packet of 12.
Taking the Fleetwood, so fully expect to be pulled up and checked.

Gunna take a pic of her getting the bum wipers off me, so I have proof for the trip home.  ;D

The cops, i would expect, will first check to see if i'm on club rego. (Full Reg)
The fact I will be in Wynnum  when I live a 107 klm's away, should be worthy of a check on its own.

I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Yeah, I think some cops are going a bit over the top. Like the learner driver who was fined $1652 in Victoria because the cop decided it wasn’t essential.

Looks like this is going to be reviewed but if getting a takeaway coffee, hair cut or going to buy something at Kmart is ok, or a crowded farmers market then surely learning to drive is ok.

I imagine that a lot of people getting fined for simply being out and about might have their fine quashed if they took it to court. The PM has said being able to buy jigsaw puzzles is essential so the bar has been set pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not totally sure, but I believe, they were 40 minutes from home.
If that was the case.... maybe they should've stuck to a 5 or 10 radius of their address.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Stick it up em Kev...  Give mum a big hug and kiss and all the best from us too please .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Nah.... no contact with me Mum..... you know, just in case.

The retirement village is in full lockdown for all the oldies best interest.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Like the learner driver who was fined $1652 in Victoria because the cop decided it wasn’t essential.

Just saw that the fine has been withdrawn :cup:

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Quote from: Fizzie
so it should be -  2 people who live together anyway in car...

BUT.. "too far from home" - says who? wheres it say that.

So it was ok to give lessons if you werent too far from home. Where is the measurements? who says too far. Define too far...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Especially as one of the learning requirements is highway driving - don't know about down there, but up here it's very easy to go 20+ k between exits!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User

Explanation from Vic Police:

"While the fine was legally issued as gaining driving practice is not one of the four exemptions set out by the Chief Health Officer, discretion has been applied in this instance as we understand there was some confusion within the community around whether this type of activity was allowed.

The Chief Health Officer has made it clear that undertaking driving practice in the current climate is not an essential activity, unless the learner driver is gaining driving practice in line with one of the four exemptions. This includes when driving to purchase food or supplies or when travelling to work or education.

Every Victorian should now be well aware that getting into the car purely for the purpose of driving practice is not an exemption permitted by the Chief Health Officer.

We are asking all Victorians to abide by the Chief Health Officer's recommendations and stay at home where possible."

So my reading of that is that anybody else in Vic that has previously been pinged on the same charge can now appeal it ???

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
End of the day when being pulled over all they had to say was they were going to their favourite Butcher/Seafood place/speciality shop which happens to be in the direction they were travelling to buy food. Then the above fine wouldn’t have happened. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:12:56 PM by Beachman »

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
The other day I saw I really good post on Facebook the other day about the community judging people who aren’t at staying home 24/7, but some people have their own private reasons/battles for being out and below were just some of the examples. I have to say I have stopped judging people.

Barry who is going to Bunnings every second day to buy paint and supplies to paint his house.  What people doesn’t realise is Barry is a recovering alcoholic, so seeing his AA meetings aren’t currently going ahead it’s either Barry keeps busy by painting the house or in his boredom he will go to the bottle shop and start drinking again.

Or Sue is out at her local nursery buying plants, but Sue suffers major depression and doing her garden up for the next season is her happy place.

Or then we have Kim and her 4 Kids aimlessly walking around her local shopping centre, That’s because her husband is drunk and angry at home so she needs to get out of the house with the kids until he sobers up.

There must be lots of blokes wandering around aimlessly. No pubs to go to, they cant go over to a mates. They have been made redundant and been at home for over 2 weeks. If they dont get out of the house their wives will kill them. Its only the right thing to do to save their wives jail time. >:D
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
Some of it is weird
In NSW as i read it im told not to take my boat out
But
If i stick 2 fishing rods on the back that is legal

Considering my local boat ramp is used by about 5 people i think i might head out to get some dinner as i need a new day drinking location
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
Especially as one of the learning requirements is highway driving - don't know about down there, but up here it's very easy to go 20+ k between exits!
We might create a whole new generation of Nascar drivers after they spend time going around the block at their local supermarket - turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, now repeat for 100 hours making sure at least 10 of those are at night  ;D

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
like these people

UPDATE: Police say groups of campers based out at Lake Burrumbeet this weekend have been given a Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning permits as many are stuck in transit attempting to get back to their home states.

This morning, The Courier was made aware of a number of holiday makers who were stationed at Lake Burrumbeet.

However, police have moved this afternoon to clarify the reason for campers on the site after they received a number of inquiries from concerned residents.

Police have been conducting regular patrols across known camp sites around the region, but so far those they'e detected have held permits to be at the sites.

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6719070/lake-burrumbeet-campers-found-to-be-stuck-in-transit-from-interstate/
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline MB TD42

• Tent User
    • Retroform Carpentry and Joinery
Wanna drop off easter gifts n I'm sure the oldies do too but we got road blocks on that 60km stretch...

Fish n chips tonight and our neighbors are all standing out in the car park for a peice of battered fish n chips...

Happy Easter critters

We're all ere coz we ain't all there.

We're all hear coz we ain't all there...

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
I'll admit I've been to Bunnings. This is the first time in a few years I've had leave over Easter, otherwise I'd be working.
NZ trip cancelled.
No worries I'll go camping. As things progressed, I cancelled that idea.

So now I'm stuck at home for a few weeks. I know this will go on for months so a few planned trips to Bunnings for essentials. I know exactly what I need and where it is. In and out via the trade desk. Minimal time and contact.
Essentials, are paint, decking oil etc. 
Same as my supermarket visits. In and out. I look with my eyes, not my hands and if I pick it up it's mine.
All within 5 minutes of home.
Why are they essentials?  I could happily sit and watch TV all day. But I know I can't do that for days, weeks and months. For my health and sanity having something to do will keep me occupied and those sort of projects make me happy, as apposed to what i know I will become.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:07:28 PM by #jonesy »
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
I did a 200klm plus round trip yesterday in the Fleetwood.

Dropped some gloves, a face mask and a 12 pack of Shit tickets down to my (nearly 97 ) Mum.

Grabbed a pic of her with the dunny rolls in case I got wheeled over by officer Dibble. (in case I had to prove anything on the return trip.)

Saw 4 cop cars, but plenty of folks out on the roads yesterday.

I even drew up alongside a cop car on the Warrego Hwy..... no dramas.

I thought, a 1964 Cadillac out and about a 100klm from home base might draw some attention..... suited me fine that it didn't.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
I'll admit I've been to Bunnings. This is the first time in a few years I've had leave over Easter, otherwise I'd be working.
NZ trip cancelled.
No worries I'll go camping. As things progressed, I cancelled that idea.

So now I'm stuck at home for a few weeks. I know this will go on for months so a few planned trips to Bunnings for essentials. I know exactly what I need and where it is. In and out via the trade desk. Minimal time and contact.
Essentials, are paint, decking oil etc. 
Same as my supermarket visits. In and out. I look with my eyes, not my hands and if I pick it up it's mine.
All within 5 minutes of home.
Why are they essentials?  I could happily sit and watch TV all day. But I know I can't do that for days, weeks and months. For my health and sanity having something to do will keep me occupied and those sort of projects make me happy, as apposed to what i know I will become.

The Bunnings trips will be a pressure release for many. With the amount of people that will be painting, plumbing, doing woodwork etc. I expect many homes  will get a makeover or make life easier with the home additions.  I think your actions are what many will be also carrying out. Doesn't matter whats on your list though...you always forget something... :D
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
I am lucky my job as a school cleaner is classed as a accentual worker, So I can pick up things on my way to and from work, Even so the local parts place is 2 minutes drive and hardware place and the IGA as well, plus I can go offshore fishing still, but I still carry my School ID incase, Craig   
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer