Author Topic: Camping & COVID19  (Read 16781 times)

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Camping & COVID19
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2020, 09:59:58 AM »
Go for it Hairs.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2020, 10:08:05 AM »
Hey Jon, (& I'm not being a smart-arse here!) maybe you need to be asking if you can go on NewStart ???

Been lot's of comments that people that get laid-off will be able to, so you might qualify as well ???

One thing that nobody has yet said though is what happens with participation requirements - is everybody that is already on NewStart, plus all the people going on to it "temporarily" ::), still going to have to apply for 10 jobs / week ???

Here is some information, basically you work in your business what you can, that should fulfil your obligations. Then if you make no money, you will get the full payment the more you earn though, the less you get.

It's there as a safety net, if you are eligible, you probably need it, no shame in receiving it. 

https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/coronavirus-covid-19-information-and-support?fbclid=IwAR2d7KB_A885VGJfwtQfG_tW49chmM-70yh8w_cH3ajwDb9Euz5_k8VyNuY#exp

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2020, 10:11:15 AM »
Without sounding heartless but what you are proposing is a holiday. It is unnecessary in the current climate and know one knows where the virus can pop up at any time. . I know the people in the street that I live are staying away from all people including family members. Its hard on grandparents/parents kids...but it ensures they have a better chance of not getting the virus. You dont have the virus..so you were tested?  If people would only do the right thing then this mess we are in may well be finished sooner rather than later.  There are organisations that will help your parents if need be. Maybe organise home delivery of food. Ring everyday and reassure them if they are worried and also explain the importance of self isolation.  I,m in the same boat with kids in 3 different states...a phone call is a good pick me up though.  Job security is their biggest worry.  Whatever you decide...just stay safe and think of others.  :cheers:

Thanks for the comments and we will make our decisions after we weigh everything up  :cup:

The purpose of the post was not so much asking for advice on our situation but to throw up the complexities involved in some of these decisions. Very hard not to drop into protection mode when family and friends are involved. I have seen (not on here) on forums where people are getting smashed by keyboard warriors when they even suggest something that isn't living like a hermit in your own home.

Cheers

Rod

CTL

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »
Pretty simple really, if people don’t stop moving around voluntarily, the government will enforce it like what European governments have down.  Thought the message was clear, NO non-essental travel.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »
Quote from: CTL
non-essental travel.

this is the hard part....
you can still go to work, shopping, etc etc...  FFS trains and buses are still running - talk about I'd rather walk...

What's open:

Supermarkets
    Banks
    Pharmacies
    Petrol stations
    Convenience stores
    Freight and delivery services
    Childcare centres will remain open but some facilities told parents more information would be provided on Monday.
    Shopping centres
    Bottle shops
    Hairdressing salons ???
    Beauty salons ???
    Cafes and restaurants for takeaway only
    Mechanics

There are no immediate changes to Victorian public transport timetables, The Age understands. Public transport is considered an essential service, which Premier Daniel Andrews said could remain open during the shutdown.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:57:44 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2020, 10:34:20 AM »
Hey Rod, just ignore keyboard warriors as many of the forums are being infiltrated by them these days. They are nothing more then nameless, faceless, gutless nobodys who's opinions and comments do not care or matter.
You do whatever is necessary for the survival and safety of yourself and your family. Your friends and mates will never judge you.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Rodt

CTL

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2020, 10:58:33 AM »
"It is not just about each of us individually but the person standing next to us, the person who lives across the road, the elderly resident in the same apartment building as you."

From https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-lockdown-what-it-means/12079242

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2020, 11:05:46 AM »
"It is not just about each of us individually but the person standing next to us, the person who lives across the road, the elderly resident in the same apartment building as you."

From https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-lockdown-what-it-means/12079242

Most of us understand that..its the pricks who put their own needs first that are upsetting the apple cart. The sooner they call a total shut down the better. Too many f wits out there that cant be told..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2020, 11:20:58 AM »
My family has decided to bunker down, more so do what’s being asked and not move around, we really don’t need to travel outside our postcode

.....was planning a week away after Easter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
What's doing my head in is,

I have seen comments in traveling forums/web sites where people are just changing there destinstion because their orginal choice has been closed or will be closed.
It is as if it is their God given right to go on holiday.

Bloody selfish.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:56:55 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2020, 12:35:15 PM »
The banks of the Murray will be interesting at Easter this year.
Wonder how many will turn up? Heaps I bet.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2020, 12:37:27 PM »
The banks of the Murray will be interesting at Easter this year.
Wonder how many will turn up? Heaps I bet.
All the dunny paper hoarders will..
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
Here is some information, basically you work in your business what you can, that should fulfil your obligations. Then if you make no money, you will get the full payment the more you earn though, the less you get.

It's there as a safety net, if you are eligible, you probably need it, no shame in receiving it. 

Bit more on what TA said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/coronavirus-supplement-payment-what-is-it-and-how-to-apply/12080326

"Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said the Government would ensure people who had their business closed, saw customers disappear, or had casual shifts cut could access the Coronavirus Supplement.

"We have waived the assets tests and waived the waiting period but there is still the income test so if you earn $1,075 a fortnight you will get that full $550 Coronavirus Supplement," Mr Frydenberg said."

However, Centrelink is already packed & MyGov has crashed from overload, so it may be a bit involved! :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/st-margarets-anglican-girls-school-confirms-three-parents-have-tested-positive-to-coronavirus/news-story/2dffb47f842a7766cb3290f393692cde

Add Queensland to the list of States that have closed their borders

QUEENSLAND’S border will be closed from midnight, Wednesday, it can be confirmed.

Anyone travelling into Queensland will be required to self quarantine for 14 days regardless if they are sick or not.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:09:09 PM by alnjan »
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline MarkGU

• Proud Variety Basher
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Sorry, did i offend you with my Common Sense?
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2020, 02:31:03 PM »
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/st-margarets-anglican-girls-school-confirms-three-parents-have-tested-positive-to-coronavirus/news-story/2dffb47f842a7766cb3290f393692cde

Add Queensland to the list of States that have closed their borders

QUEENSLAND’S border will be closed from midnight, Wednesday, it can be confirmed.

Anyone travelling into Queensland will be required to self quarantine for 14 days regardless if they are sick or not.
Well, seeing that i can legally cross the border...................my swag mail rate just increased  :-*
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2020, 03:43:49 PM »
Mmmm! Very interesting times. Two girls that work with the Mrs live in Kingscliff and work in Southport. I wonder how that will go.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Mmmm! Very interesting times. Two girls that work with the Mrs live in Kingscliff and work in Southport. I wonder how that will go.

I believe thats one issue the state govt is looking at now...saw something on the news.

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2020, 05:51:29 PM »
I believe thats one issue the state govt is looking at now...saw something on the news.
Cheers Bigfish.

Offline Fitzy4070

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2020, 08:11:50 AM »
If lockdown comes into play this week, we will all be restricted not to leave your suburb. We also have Easter plans booked on private property - so will be very disappointed.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2020, 08:28:33 AM »
If lockdown comes into play this week, we will all be restricted not to leave your suburb. We also have Easter plans booked on private property - so will be very disappointed.

The message is quit clear mate...No necessary travel!!!. P.M. even said...forget holidays. Many tens of thousands have cancelled Easter holidays and I think travel will have more restrictions as many dont seem to understand English or just how deadly this virus can be to people of all ages. Stuffed my plans completely but at least I know if I follow the self isolate rules I will get another holiday.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
Someone said to me last week.

ACT is if you have it.

NO but I can, they did, is all BS.
DON'T move, but if you want to be selfish pricks, I don't have problem naming people.
After that bitch in the Daily Rant thread, where I mentioned she wanted me to attend a property that the tenant was 'suspected' of being infected, I have no tolerance for these kind of pricks.
I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread,
If you have a job in a weeks time, count yourself very fortunate.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2020, 02:49:47 PM »

Stay the fark at home. If everyone complied with this directive, we will be in a far better state. Its not the cure, but it's a pathway to getting there. And it needs each and everyone of us to comply if it's going to have any effect.

WA is effectively on regional lock down. No travel permitted, unless essential between regions. Next step if this fails is total lock down with all the implications that will produce.

WA has shown a reduction in numbers over the last 5 days, however that could just be down to cases not detected. We cant take our eye off the ball.

a link to the regional areas for WA is below. Its a pretty poor map, considering its seriousness, but it's better than nothing:

https://dpird.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-03/RegionalDevelopmentCommissions_2020_LGA.pdf?fbclid=IwAR08kMXvsl01fo_M_bZyi-98V45RJ6Vmg7TX23-4G8MYxvZXY3WR6uPX6Ps

An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
Stay the fark at home. If everyone complied with this directive, we will be in a far better state. Its not the cure, but it's a pathway to getting there. And it needs each and everyone of us to comply if it's going to have any effect.

WA is effectively on regional lock down. No travel permitted, unless essential between regions. Next step if this fails is total lock down with all the implications that will produce.

WA has shown a reduction in numbers over the last 5 days, however that could just be down to cases not detected. We cant take our eye off the ball.

a link to the regional areas for WA is below. Its a pretty poor map, considering its seriousness, but it's better than nothing:

https://dpird.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-03/RegionalDevelopmentCommissions_2020_LGA.pdf?fbclid=IwAR08kMXvsl01fo_M_bZyi-98V45RJ6Vmg7TX23-4G8MYxvZXY3WR6uPX6Ps

As per WA Regional Development Act

http://www.drd.wa.gov.au/regions/Pages/default.aspx
There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.