Author Topic: Unbelievable and disgusting  (Read 43490 times)

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
Unbelievable and disgusting
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:47 AM »
This morning my wife came back into the house after leaving for work, absolutely beside herself.
What happened was she was turning off a side street onto a slightly busier road when she cut off a cyclist. It was an accident, the light was low as it was overcast this morning, he was wearing dark blue and had no light. She doesn’t go out to cause grief to cyclists… or any other road users for that matter.
Yes, she cut him off, and she realized when he swore at her and gave her the finger. She stopped and wound down her window to apologise when he leant into the window, spat in her face and rode off. She was mortified sat crying and shaking til she could drive back home for a shower.
She put something on facebook, to which a few people told her to report it. She did, and there’s not much they can do, except to advise her to go and get tested for hepatitis as her mouth was open ready to say sorry.
Hopefully he feels good enough about himself, and if his intent was to make her husband want to drive over him and his bike…. Wish granted f#*@wit. And now she has to wait for the blood test results.
The only thing I could say to make her feel a little bit better was that if he rides ‘angry’ like that, he will react to the wrong person and karma will come back on him.

Anyway, have a nice day and be wary of angry cyclists
John
Another awesome forum.... now i'll never get to bed :D

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Unbelievable and disgusting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »
Not nice to hear and I hope your wife gets over it relatively quickly. If I was you I would stake out that piece of road as this cyclist could be in a routine and might happen to ride this route again, then you could "apologise" on your wife's behalf.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »
she should have chased him and really cut the **** off.... **** bike riders.

you should look for him tomorrow with a box of thumb tacks...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
As a regular cyclist, both road and mountain types, I get real wound up by a-hole bike riders, karma will get him for sure, no doubt.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
she should have chased him and really cut the **** off.... **** bike riders.

you should look for him tomorrow with a box of thumb tacks...

She was just beyond belief that people do sh!t like this. Even when she got back home, she was still massively distressed

Not nice to hear and I hope your wife gets over it relatively quickly. If I was you I would stake out that piece of road as this cyclist could be in a routine and might happen to ride this route again, then you could "apologise" on your wife's behalf.

Thanks guys, and I am a bit worried of my reaction if I did happen to work out who it was

Offline Paul (SA)

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »
That's what annoys me with people using the roads.

We all make errors. If we had some tolerance it would make life so much easier.
2014 NW Pajero
2012 Jayco Swift OB

Offline letsgoplaces

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
We all make errors

Yep, and she was trying to right that error

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Reckon you find the Goose to be a total wanker no matter what he rode or drove .. Just happened to be out riding on the day .He will get his one day, his type always do .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline stabicraft

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
A bloke I work with was coming to an intersection when he noticed a bike coming down on his left.
The pushbike rider had a stop sign, but being as most bike riders he simply drove up onto the footpath and leaping off the bike and started running to beat the car to the intersection forcing the bloke at work to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting him.

Then the trouble started, The work mate wound down his window and said that was a stupid, ignorant thing to do.
The rider threw the bike at the car and started screaming at the workmate to get out and fight him.

Now, the workmate is not small, but he is a quiet type of guy and generally hard to anger.
He opened his door, got out and quietly stated the following.
"Listen f#*kwit, If you don't move your bike and get out of my way Ill come over there and beat the bejusus out of you.
If by some miracle you manage to actually beat me instead,
I will get back in my car and chase you down and run you over.
Either way you are not going to come out on top in this incident.
Now get back on your bike and wake up to yourself.

The bike rider being the coward most Lycra clad loonies are jumped on his bike, gave the mate the finger and rode courageously off into the distance.

I blame it on the lycra, its akin to putting rubber bands on a bulls balls to make them buck more.
The lycra has the same effect, only the bull has a higher intellegence than the bikers.
The following users thanked this post: letsgoplaces

Offline Green rv

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • SAND CAR-SELS @ FRASER
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »
I can't believe that someone would spit into another's face
What a dip ship

:cheers:
Adam
Hilux 2002 LN167 + Stockman POD

Offline The punter

• "avoiding grey nomads since 2011"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
There's idiots on both sides of the vehicle/cyclist debate. However when a cyclist loses, it often results in death.

As a regular city commute rider the amount of people driving cars that think mirrors and blind spot checks are optional is staggering.

None of that excuses this moron's behaviour though.
13 FJ Cruiser
15 Lifestyle Reconn
1980 HJ45

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
It is disgusting and they're a disgusting human being.  Unfortunately they're everywhere these days. You get them riding bikes, driving cars, walking down the streets, living in your street.

Society is on a downward spiral
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rogerthatv2

• Tent User
  • GNDN 4
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 01:02:48 PM »

As a regular cyclist, both road and mountain types, I get real wound up by a-hole bike riders, karma will get him for sure, no doubt.

I hear you Dave, I run and ride purely for recreation, fitness and stress release - I have lately been amazed at the amount of twits on bikes giving us all a bad name - just like. 4wd's, boats, jet skis - the minority wrecks it for the majority.

I cannot believe that a grown man would do this to another person let alone a lone female - it just disgusts me and now what you all have to go through as a result.

I can understand your unwillingness to go back tomorrow to see if said scumbag rides the same route (he would but maybe every second day) as I would have a hard time not spitting back...

Hope all goes well. Cheers Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Jayco Outback Hawk & Prado 150 Series VX D4D - Now we just have to use it - not look at it!

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
Sorry to hear you're wife had to go through that.
While I echo the sentiments of all the other comments, they won't make her feel better, which is what she needs.

Buy her some flowers, tell her you love her and that all the folk on myswag think he's scum and she deserves better.
Then help her move on so she doesn't harbour ill feelings.

Best wishes to you both,
Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!
The following users thanked this post: Footy Shorts Shane, jayjay

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »
You could always check out the area again at the same time tomorrow or the next day.
"                                     "
Be a lovely chance to point out the error of his ways as far as your wife is concerned.

You'll note there is a spot between the lines.....  read it.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »
No matter what the cause of the collision was or circumstances....It give this piece of crap NO reason to spit in another persons face ( bet this coward wouldn't do it to a male driver )...I personally would haunt this gutless mongrel till i found him....and thats  where i'll leave it......He's lucky it wasn't my wife or the mother of my boy's
         Cheers Tracker
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)
The following users thanked this post: Dickyticker

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
X2

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
Your poor wife was assaulted...  end of story...

Its bad - like when slags hok intp wpc faces...

Another vote for dash cams

Another vote for some sort of registration plates for bikes

Shake&Bake BB

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
If I was you I would stake out that piece of road as this cyclist could be in a routine and might happen to ride this route again, then you could "apologise" on your wife's behalf.

X2 having done a bit of cycling myself,  most routes are routine. Either go back tomorrow morning same time, or same day next week. He will be back for certain.
Cheers

Justin

Offline Darcy7

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The plumage doesn't enter into it.....!
    • RVeeThereYet.com
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »

No matter what the cause of the collision was or circumstances....It give this piece of crap NO reason to spit in another persons face ( bet this coward wouldn't do it to a male driver )...I personally would haunt this gutless mongrel till i found him....and thats  where i'll leave it......He's lucky it wasn't my wife or the mother of my boy's
         Cheers Tracker

I completely agree. Do to me what ever you like but if some grot did that to my wife, I couldn't give a Shite who he is or how tough he thinks he is, I'd be sitting at the intersection the next day waiting to give him every fibre of my being's best shots.

Doesn't matter that he rides a bike. Could walk dogs for a living for all I care.

What a f&@$tard...!

I hope your wife is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our blog at WWW.RVeeThereYet.com

Offline ewoksta

• Swag User
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »
Sorry to hear what your wife had to go through and I hope the tests come back all clear.

What concerns me more is the "Advice" you are getting to go back and wait for him, hunt him down etc etc. It's for these reasons that the world has gone to S*#t. Lets all take revenge for being wronged!!

Would we all not be better off if we let things slide without the horrible mentality of "lets get revenge!!" Lets say you did go back and wait for him to take revenge. You confront him (hoping its the same person to start with not some random cyclist around the same time), he got in a lucky punch, you fall and smash your head on the roadway and die!!! Where would that leave your wife?? 

Not taking sides either way, just the amount of anger that comes from the forum makes people just as bad as the perpetrator.

Give her lots of love, care for her and be thankful you have each other.
07 Dual Cab Navara
2012 Central Coast camper "Show Special"

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
I cannot believe you blokes are so quick to tar all bike riders with the same brush......today a 4WD sunk the boot in and went sideways around a corner does that label all 4WD owners as hoons......I'm on the road a lot for my job and see people behind the wheel doing the wrong thing way more than I see cyclist....Infact it's been use to 12 months since I have seen a cyclist do the wrong thing....I see motorist daily doing the wrong thing.

I agree it's assault and I would be floating around at the same time tomorrow morning......either way this bloke is a germ and would probably do the same thing regardless of whether he is on a bike or not.

I'm a cyclist and drive......I have made mistakes while riding and driving......human error it's life.

For the few cyclist that use the road compared to the number of cars I'm not convinced registration will do much......

It sounds like your wife did as much as she could have given the circumstances and a applaud her.....I hope she is big enough not to label all cyclist that same....not like some of the pee brained tossers that have replied to this thread.....keyboard warriors.

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
As a cyclist, I am appalled at what I just read and as others have said, hopefully karma will get him.

He should take some more responsibility and wear light clothing and have a light.

After been cleaned up by a driver that went through a red light, I have both my front and rear lights on full time - I still get near misses with inattentive drivers, but overall I know that it does make me more visible.

Mistakes are made, by both drivers and cyclists, but this behaviour is inexcusible!
The following users thanked this post: Footy Shorts Shane

Offline vicandug

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Get ready. Get set.......
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
Bike rider, motor bike rider, walker, runner, skateboarder....... Who cares how he was getting around? What he did was lower than low and farking disgusting as far as I am concerned.
How one person can do that to another person sickens me.

I hope your wife is ok and I can understand how she feels. I would also want a shower and probably also vomit.

Vicki
The dream - to travel like a snail with my home behind me, seeing every inch of Australia.

Life is a gift and too short to waste.

UIZ733

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »
Anybody that spits in the face of a lady, for whatever reason, is an absolute GRUB.