Author Topic: Techni Ice Fridge/Freezer  (Read 17075 times)

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
Techni Ice Fridge/Freezer
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
I have done a search on here for any light you wise people may shed on the Techni Ice brand fridges, but given the thread was Feb this year, I thought that one of you wise people may know a bit more about them, maybe they have improved, gotten worse etc etc et.
Got a catalogue and can get a 60L fridge for $599. Comes with cover, 240V adapter, 28L ice box (which we can upgrade to a 40Lt for an extra $60) and 6 reusable dry ice packs.  Delivery is $35 so pretty happy with that.z
Has anyone got one?  Thoughts and feedback welcome!
Cheers
Vanessa

$150 Jackaroo + $1600 CT = One helluva happy family!

"Got my toes in the water,
ass in the sand,
not a worry in the world,
a cold beer in my hand,
Life is good today, life is good today"

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Techni Ice Fridge/Freezer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »
Has anyone got one?  Thoughts and feedback welcome!

Yes, buy it.

Edit - d'oh I thought you were talking about ice boxes  :-[
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:44:52 PM by D4D »
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
I didn't realise they made fridges, they look like Waeco knock offs. Find some reviews before you take the plunge.
Their ice boxes are excellent btw.

Offline Trex_s4m1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • need more toys! :D
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »
They look really good.

This is what their support said: On an Average the Fridges Draw 1.68 Amps an hour on freezer mode and 1.48 on Fridge mode / 32 degrees ambient

http://techniice.com/car-fridges-1.html

on my wishlist now :D

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »
Going by that info Sami, thinking we'll give them a burl.  We've got a mate organising some solar panels and battery for us (might be getting them at cost as they are new, and he'll be letting the boss know that we'll give reviews etc and plug them on here if they are any good) so power won't be a real issue. 
Price is right for us, and thinking if they're ice boxes are good, surely they're fridges couldn't be that bad.
We're just going to go the 60Lt one, use the ice box for kids drinks etc, the fridge just for food to save the bloody thing being opened 17 million times a day.
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,

Offline Hollands26

• Swag User
  • You are only as young as the women you feel
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
I brought the 60L only used it once so far but it worked a treat kept everything cold especially the beer can't say any bad about them  been told that they might drawn more battery then waeco but for the price who I'm I to complain

Cheers Luke
Toyota Kluger 2008 ------Jayco Expanda 16.49-1ob 2013

Offline cayla13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
Hi Vanessa
Just did a search on these as we must have got the same brochure in the mail today and very glad to see your post. Think we are going to take the plunge and get one as we are just about to purchase our camper trailer and I am keen to start on some accessories but don't have a lot of cash to splash around. Husband is saying it has 2 year warranty (not sure what it covers) so have nothing to lose. Ha nothing but $550. Judging from the reviews their icebox seems to rate really well so fingers crossed they know how to make a fridge/freezer as well. Will keep checking your thread to see if anyone else has anything good/bad to say about them and depending on that i may put an order in this week. Looking at the 45L package myself.

Cheers
Cayla

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:19:28 AM »
Cayla, we went with the 60L, figured for an extra $50 might as well get the big one.
Funny thing about the warranty.  We were searching all through the catalogue about the warranty (both me and Vic), got on the website checked all through there, I was adamant, if there was no warranty, we weren't buying.  Searched for about 20 minutes, then I started going back through the catalogue looking for fine print, and in a big red circle on the bloody page we were looking at was '2 year warranty' ..... I've made eye appointments for the pair of us today lol
Should be here Thursday/Friday which works well as we're off to Griffith on Saturday so can test it out with the grocery shopping :D
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,

Offline Trex_s4m1

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • need more toys! :D
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
nice work on the purchase! that was quick :)
hope it shows up for your weekend away. looking forward to your review..

slightly off topic - what size panels and battery is your mate sorting for you? i have 120w panels and a 100AH battery myself.. havent taken it out for a test run yet though.

Offline cayla13

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
Hi Vanessa

Just rang through to order mine and they have all sold out. typical!!! They are getting more in towards the end of the week, he said they have been really popular (which must be a good thing surely??) So hubby is off to pick one up next week hopefully, loved to hear how you go with yours over the weekend. You have me thinking i should just get 60L one for the sake of $50. Might see whats available when Tim picks one up. Enjoy your trip away

Cheers
Cayla

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
Sami, I'll have to check with Vic the size of the panels and battery.  The panels are some kind his company are getting from America, have a 25 year warranty, I think they may be 120 or 140 watt.  The battery is a gel battery where it can be laid on its side.  It's being pushed as something that will fit under your fridge, so is thin but long. 
Hoping to have more details from him soon.
Carly, yeah typical that they run out lol  I was fully expecting that, quite surprised the order went though.  The test run is just a day trip.  4 hour round trip to go pick up groceries .... exciting hey hahha
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,

Offline Doug.b

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Dislike keyboard Heroes
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
Evakool have these ones with free delivery http://www.evakool.com.au/products?sprod=156
2012 PAJERO VRX  - Adventure offroad camper  - Cape York 
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=35363.0

Offline Hollands26

• Swag User
  • You are only as young as the women you feel
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
Just a heads up when I ordered my in Feb I took them until June to deliver keep saying that they were waiting on delivery from supplier it was really annoying but for the price well worth the wait
Toyota Kluger 2008 ------Jayco Expanda 16.49-1ob 2013

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I'll ring them tomorrow and see what the go is with it.
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 06:26:02 AM »
Rang yesterday, new load was being unpacked, should be sent out in 2-3 days.  I did push the issue that we were leaving for holidays in 2 weeks and needed it by then, otherwise I would like a refund so I can purchase something elsewhere.  I'll be ringing first thing Monday to check up on it ....  just ask some of our annoying non-paying customers how much I can nag  >:D  So fingers crossed for next weekend.  Which is hopefully when the camper will be completely finished (changing axles and hubs, need to screw tent back onto trailer)
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,

Offline ewwreckers

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
Rang today to see what the go was, and right before christmas they decided to bring in a new invoicing system (top idea that one  ???  ) due to a c*ck up, some people are getting 2 even though they ordered only one, and some of us are getting none due to lack of stock.  They are currently trying to work it out with Australia Post to make sure only single deliveries get made but I've worked for Aust Post, and basically they don't give a rats, if it's got your address, it gets delivered.  Anyway, good luck to the ones who manage to get 2.
In the meantime, I'll get money back, and have to do a 400k round trip to go get a fridge either after work one arvo or on a Saturday....in December...with the christmas rush....joy oh f*cking joy  >:(
Cheers
Vanessa

ass in the sand,
a cold beer in my hand,