Author Topic: 1080  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Spooky

• Learning the Ropes
« on: March 17, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »
🐕 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗥'𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬
"Both of our dogs died this morning due to ingesting 1080. Unknown to us our boy, Bear ate it and three hours later he died the most horrible death. He used his last bit of life to get to his bonded mate, Luna, where he died as my partner held him.
💔  We didn't know what was going on. Luna seemed fine... until she wasn't. Three hours after we lost Bear, Luna started exhibiting symptoms. We rushed her to the vet, where her heart stopped three times. We got the call this morning that the fourth time her heart stopped she couldn't be revived.
We searched the yard and found one pile of vomit with little red beads in it. We searched and finally found the remnants of another vomit that had many, many more beads. We have determined that Bear ate the bait and Luna ate Bears vomit.
?? I never knew what 1080 was. I can't get our babies faces out of my mind. Contorted, terrified and in obvious pain. I woke up this morning thinking I heard the dogs playing and barking in the yard. My daughter woke up at the same time and said she thought she heard them too. I can't bring myself to shower in our bathroom because that's where I was when I heard Bears screams.
No animal deserves to die this way".
? 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝘽𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙇𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢, 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙩 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣.
Won't you join us?
👉📲 www.ban1080.org.au.
I'm the Spook and I'm almost normal!

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: 1080
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:10:40 PM »
How do you think it got into your yard ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: flossy

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 11:00:35 PM »
I highly doubt spooky is the author. Interestingly, they don't say where or how it got ingested.

This isn't a new scaremongering campaign story, I've seen this article before.

It's about time people took some responsibility and managed their dogs in country where 1080 is laid.

1080 is bad, but far worse is the devastation caused by not laying it.

I wont be joining the so called "coalition" because I am of the belief it is beneficial to out native wildlife.

I'll make sure the door doesn't slam on my arse on the way out.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:06:03 PM by sharkcaver »
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
The following users thanked this post: GBC, Craig Tomkinson, Harbourmaster

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 05:43:39 AM »
I’ll bet bear and Luna didn’t pick up a manufactured 1080 dog bait (hence the red marker beads) in their own back yard, and if they were allowed to roam free then the owners are part of the problem and the baiting programme worked. Tick. What do people think might happen when the signs go up - yes there would have been signs.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 05:56:05 AM »
I read the same story years ago.

I wish folks would stop giving air time to scare mongering.

10 copy and paste it and it just goes off like a frog in a sock forever after.
I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 07:13:40 AM »
I highly doubt spooky is the author. Interestingly, they don't say where or how it got ingested.

This isn't a new scaremongering campaign story, I've seen this article before.

It's about time people took some responsibility and managed their dogs in country where 1080 is laid.

I wont be joining the so called "coalition" because I am of the belief it is beneficial to out native wildlife.

I'll make sure the door doesn't slam on my arse on the way out.

Yeah Iam with you Shane . Iam all for a better method if one can be found but for the moment 1080 is the best we have. One just needs to read the amazing success they have had on Maquarrie island ridding rabbits and on lord Howe getting rid of rats and mice to see that it’s tough love that’s needed to rescue the native wildlife not Facebook shares.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline S.W

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 07:38:29 AM »

& livestock. Our pastoral industry would be decimated without it.

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »
hmmmm……….it is "spooky"...……….

I just recently had a this very discussion with a numpty hippy woman on FB who was believed her dog was "trained" only to eat when told and allowed it to "roam free" when travelling...….

She was trying to palm the dog off as she is OS and her parents want to tour.
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 09:35:01 PM »
Spooky.

Has made 2 posts in 9 years and and.spent a grand total of 42 minutes on the site. 
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Online prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 12:22:48 AM »
Crusading on the blogsites- https://www.facebook.com/coalitionagainst1080/
You mention Covid took your gran and all they want to do is talk about dogs dying  ::)
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.