Author Topic: Tentworld - Premium Sponsor of Myswag.org for 3rd Year  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Nightflight

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Tentworld - Premium Sponsor of Myswag.org for 3rd Year
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2020, 11:31:07 AM »
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your support of my swag. We have been looking for a replacement PVC cover for a camper trailer, with an Oztrail Latitude tent fitted. We have tried at a Tentworld store and they could only find a smaller size. I was wondering with your contacts at Oztrail whether you would be able to ascertain if there are still any available.

Cheers,
Scott.

Offline Jon Burrell - Tentworld

• Tent User
    • Tentworld - Shop Online or In-Store
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your support of my swag. We have been looking for a replacement PVC cover for a camper trailer, with an Oztrail Latitude tent fitted. We have tried at a Tentworld store and they could only find a smaller size. I was wondering with your contacts at Oztrail whether you would be able to ascertain if there are still any available.

Cheers,
Scott.

Hi Nightflight,

Given that our team have already not succeeded, I'm not confident that my efforts will turn up much different. Sorry we havent been successful yet.   

But, sometimes just asking again can turn up different answers on tough to find bits. 

So I've put the request in with my main contact & will see what magic he can weave for us.  I hope to come back to you in a few days.

In the meantime - lets work on a solution we can control more.

What happened to your current cover?  Has it failed due to UV Damage? Do you still have whats left of it?

In the case that I cannot succeed, this does seem like an item that most custom canvas makers / tonneau cover sewers can make reasonably easily.  Have you given any of them a shot?

With the old cover, making a new one should be easier - or possibly repair the old one - but even without it, it should be a task they're familiar & capable of doing.

I cant see where you're located in Australia - but in most towns there are canvas sewers / custom tonneau makers who do this type of thing daily.

Talk Soon.
Happy Camping! 

Browse our range, and shop online at:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/
Find your local Tentworld Camping Store at: 
https://www.tentworld.com.au/camping-stores

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
Quote from: Nightflight

Plenty of places can make you one for few hundred..  or if it isnt too badly damaged, tautliner repair places are a good start.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

• Tent User
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 11:14:13 AM »
Hi Jon,

Cheers,
Scott.

Hi Nightflight,

I heard back faster than expected.

My main contact has also handled your previous enquiries in our stores so he has already had exhausted his options.

Unfortunately, they do not have any options available currently.

As mentioned before, a local canvas sewer / tonneau cover maker is a good option and they should be able to do this easily for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Cheers,

Jon

Happy Camping! 

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Tentworld - Premium Sponsor of Myswag.org for 3rd Year
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 08:38:18 AM »
Thanks for all of your support once again Jon.

Just popped into your Kawana store yesterday to grab a few things.
Was met with a friendly face as soon I walked in the door and guided right to the parts we needed.
Everything we wanted was in stock and well priced.
The guy at the checkout was very helpful with looking up some dimensions for a special order (upright) fridge.
Win, win, win.

Keep up the good work! :)
The following users thanked this post: Jon Burrell - Tentworld

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 09:46:27 AM »
Grabbed a 10” Spun Steel Oven....

Was surprised we got it before our trip, nine day 10 which started yesterday.

None in stock two Friday’s ago and staff said there might be some in before you leave.

Decided to order online expecting it to turn up while we were away. It arrived Tuesday I think.....and I forgot to season it before we left.

One note, in the comments on the online order I mentioned I’d be happy to collect from Brendale store given we are only a few minutes away thinking it’d save you guys postage. Anyways it turned up super fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 11:29:48 AM »
Just back from Burleigh store after grabbing a couple of things.

Bloke at the counter was saying they have been flat out!

& yep, 6 cars in the car park at 10AM Sunday, sort of suggests that ;D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Nightflight

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2020, 03:24:50 PM »
Hi Jon

Many thanks for your efforts. My brother has bought the camper second hand and unfortunately it has lived outside it’s whole life, so the cover has deteriorated. We will now try and source somewhere to make a replacement.

Thanks again,
Scott.

• Tent User
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »
Thanks for all of your support once again Jon.

Just popped into your Kawana store yesterday to grab a few things.
Was met with a friendly face as soon I walked in the door and guided right to the parts we needed.
Everything we wanted was in stock and well priced.
The guy at the checkout was very helpful with looking up some dimensions for a special order (upright) fridge.
Win, win, win.

Keep up the good work! :)

Glad we were able to help Pete :) Thank you for your support. 
Grabbed a 10” Spun Steel Oven....

Was surprised we got it before our trip, nine day 10 which started yesterday.

None in stock two Friday’s ago and staff said there might be some in before you leave.

Decided to order online expecting it to turn up while we were away. It arrived Tuesday I think.....and I forgot to season it before we left.

One note, in the comments on the online order I mentioned I’d be happy to collect from Brendale store given we are only a few minutes away thinking it’d save you guys postage. Anyways it turned up super fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for shopping with us Weeds - glad we made the deadline for your trip! 

Unfortunately right now, we dont have a way to offer a 'Click & Collect' service.  Hopefully we might have one before Christmas - fingers crossed. We do have a lot of customers who would like that option.

Just back from Burleigh store after grabbing a couple of things.

Bloke at the counter was saying they have been flat out!

& yep, 6 cars in the car park at 10AM Sunday, sort of suggests that ;D

Yes - it has been unseasonably busy. Lots of new campers out there looking to get out of the house, and have a Covid safe holiday. Very encouraging to see, especially in the middle of winter!

Hi Jon

Many thanks for your efforts. My brother has bought the camper second hand and unfortunately it has lived outside it’s whole life, so the cover has deteriorated. We will now try and source somewhere to make a replacement.

Thanks again,
Scott.

Sorry I couldn't help more Scott, but fortunately this project should be fairly easy fix. Hopefully you and your brother can get out use the new gear soon!  Cheers  :cheers:

Happy Camping!