Author Topic: Local country market bans dogs on leash - interested in your thoughts  (Read 18544 times)

scarps

Local country market bans dogs on leash - interested in your thoughts
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »

Scraps, when you head over 'my' way shoot me a PM and we might both get to postin the MmyswaggerSpotted thread.  ;D
will do

scarps

Local country market bans dogs on leash - interested in your thoughts
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »
Interesting update here. 

Our local country market was on yesterday (monthly) and I was intrigued to go and have a look (without my dog in tow) to see how they were handling the 'ban on dogs'.

We'll I counted over 25 dogs on leads being walked around the market, all behaving themselves in the hour that I was there.

There was noone from the organisors that I could see, asking people to take their dogs away, nor could I see the proposed dog holding/waiting area.

Not going to pursue this as many here have the view that it's not an appropriate place to have dogs, kids and older people in the one area, but maybe, just maybe, one lone voice actually standing up and saying something has made them think about the impact of decisions made.

I did go back and suggest as a solution they could easily have a pet friendly area and a 'no pet zone', bit like a non smoking zone. it could be divided by the coffee food stalls as and have the pet stalls, stock feed stalls, and any other vendor that wanted to be in the 'Pet Friendly' zone.