Author Topic: Tunes  (Read 2448 times)

Offline GanG

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • NEDSA
Tunes
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
On the theme of favourites, we saw Owen Campbell in concert recently and he was fantastic.......I have always loved blues/rock. He was the support act for Diesel who sucked, but this bloke made the night. The amateur you tube clip doesn't do him justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKsMULRZr0
Light travels faster than sound............that's why some folks may appear bright until they speak

Marschy

Re: Tunes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »
My wife and I saw Diesel at a Day on the Green. His singing was good, but his ego was better.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »
Forgive me for asking but is Diesel the same as the guy who was in Jonny Diesel and the injectors in the early 1990's.
If so, I was at Bindoon rock festival and he was there, great show all round but the show was stolen by an old bloke who had to be wheeled out onto the stage and then played his sax like I had never heard, 10,000 punters loved it.
Big weekend for sure.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

nbd73

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
That's him, sometimes known as Mark Lizotte.

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 01:45:40 PM »
Maybe I am in the wrong thread for the style of music that I find most relaxing, but, when Napanangka is not listening to Slim Dusty, I am listening to a bit of Cat Stevens (before he got religious) and Lobo, that kind of thing.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline MrHorsepower

• Swag User
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »
Maybe I am in the wrong thread for the style of music that I find most relaxing, but, when Napanangka is not listening to Slim Dusty, I am listening to a bit of Cat Stevens (before he got religious) and Lobo, that kind of thing.
Regards
Tjupurula

Hi Tjupurula, Teaser and the Fire cat and Tea for the Tillerman are 2 of my favorite albums of all time I have a pretty wide appreciation for all music but Cat Stevens sticks with me from what my parents listened to in the 70's  Mamas and Papas, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond  etc etc....Michael

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
Just watched and copied a few of Owen Campbells songs that guy is very good love that type of music.
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »
Hi Tjupurula, Teaser and the Fire cat and Tea for the Tillerman are 2 of my favorite albums of all time I have a pretty wide appreciation for all music but Cat Stevens sticks with me from what my parents listened to in the 70's  Mamas and Papas, Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond  etc etc....Michael

Some good music there Michael, I also enjoy Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, along that kind of theme.  Obviously your parents had good taste in music, and I am biased.  Of course I also love my country music, like Slim Dusty, Mick Flavin and Lee Kernagan (I think that's how his name is spelled).
Regards
Tjupurula

nbd73

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
Some good music there Michael, I also enjoy Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, along that kind of theme.  Obviously your parents had good taste in music, and I am biased.  Of course I also love my country music, like Slim Dusty, Mick Flavin and Lee Kernagan (I think that's how his name is spelled).
Regards
Tjupurula
With music tastes like those you're welcome by my fire any time. Variety, chilled sounds, all good...