Author Topic: Raising some $$ for the RFDS  (Read 1356 times)

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
Raising some $$ for the RFDS
« on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:52 PM »
after reading symons movember post:
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39692.0
It remined me I was going to post up a little fundraising effort I've been working on for the last couple of months in the name of the RFDS. Heres the reason why Im doing it:

On the 11th July 2014, my wife, myself and our 4 kids where involved in a car rollover just north of Carnarvon
Western Australia. Lucky for us our 4 kids where all uninjured, but my wife severed tendons in her right hand and I fractured three vertebrae in the base of my neck. As a result of our injuries we both required flying to Perth for treatment, which called for the RFDS's services. As a result of my injury I have to wear a neck brace for three months and having a shave is kinda difficult with the brace on and now I got a decent beard going on. So I thought what better way to celebrate shaving the beard at the end of all this than to raise a few bucks for the RFDS who helped us out on the day of our accident.

The good news is so far Im a little over $1600 raised (my original target was $1500!) I think sometime within the next week or so its time for the beard to come of, so if you'd like to see me back to normal then heres the details
https://rfdscentral-fundraisers.everydayhero.com/au/shanes_beard_shave

And a big thanks to all how have donated - mostly its been family and work mates

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Raising some $$ for the RFDS
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »
Nice work dude.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline RallyDog

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Raising some $$ for the RFDS
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
Thanks mate they are amazing people the REDS saved my live 19 years ago after having a head on with a 4wd the 4wd vs cr 500 in an race spent 3 months in an induced coma. I do give a donation to them when I c a money tin or a stand. It lucky to have such a great service from them.