Author Topic: The CUB CLUB  (Read 260773 times)

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • :D
Re: The CUB CLUB
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »
what does the silver angled bracket in front of the box hold ??

Cheers Chippy :D
"All ice is thin ...cross only when necessary" - Buck Tilton

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:21 AM »
what does the silver angled bracket in front of the box hold ??

My guess............the winch........
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Mudhunter

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
Ta mate..

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »
how does the winch attach to that ???

Offline Mudhunter

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
Correct holds the winch, as the strap still needed to go over the box, changed the angle of the winch and added some slides where the strap touches the box, works well.

Offline Chippy76

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
ahhh now I get it! lol

Offline The Bockies

• Swag User
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Well we haven't as yet joined the Cub Club so are doing so now. We have a Cub Supamatic Escape off Road with extras to bring it up to almost a Drover. have a question for everyone here. We are at present camped at Hervey Bay and the weather has been rather wet. All was good up until last night. On arriving home from visiting friends we walked in to find water leaking through seams quite badly, particularly so around the head of the bed. Our camper was seasoned very well when we as we opened it up and were fortunate to have 4inches over heavy rain do the seasoning job for us. We have since camped in quite a bit of wet weather. Does anyone have any ideas why it would start leaking like this after having owned it for two and a half years. It was purchased brand new in 2010.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!
Kaye and Jim

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »
Some times water can sit just infront of the bow poles at either end of the roof and will seep through the stitching if it is there long enough. I'm only guessing, but I would say this is what has happened given the prolonged and constant rain that has been around lately.

Quick and simple fix is a quick rub with wax stick along the outside of the affected seams / stitching. Should be able to get some for a couple of bucks from any camping store. A stick of DryLube from a garage would do the same job.

Hope that gets you dry,
Spada
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline timneva

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado GXL and Cub CT
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have any ideas why it would start leaking like this after having owned it for two and a half years. It was purchased brand new in 2010.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!
Kaye and Jim
G'day Kaye and Jim,

We had a similar issue with ours last year and as Spada mentions, hitting it with a wax stick along the seams fixed it up. Good Luck!

cheers,
Tim
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:31:23 PM by timneva »

Offline The Bockies

• Swag User
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
Thanks Spada and Timneva. We have hit the seams with a wax stick and seems to have done the job. Had a very heavy fall here again this arvo and looks to be ok. Just one small drip coming through so will attack that again tomorrow. Hopefully we are in for a bit of sunshine.
 Thanks again.

Cheers!
Jim and Kaye

Offline sablesoft

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Green Cub Supamatic Escape Off Road
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »
Thanks Spada and Timneva. We have hit the seams with a wax stick and seems to have done the job. Had a very heavy fall here again this arvo and looks to be ok. Just one small drip coming through so will attack that again tomorrow. Hopefully we are in for a bit of sunshine.

Hi Jim and Kaye,

I have a green Cub Escape with the fridge box and lots of extras also (almost drover spec).

I carry a Oztrail 16f x 20f tarp which goes over the top of the whole camper and annex, I use it if it looks like rain or possible bird poo or sap from trees much easier to clean then canvas and it only cost $75 via ebay. It it is raining when you have to pack up, it is possible to pack and close the camper under the tarp to keep things reasonably dry. I have added 6 poles to allow me to lift the tarp off the canvas in hot weather to allow airflow between the canvas roof and the tarp and keep the camper cooler.

The attached photos were at Fraser Island my swag meet Jul/Aug 2012
There were strong on shore winds hence lots of guy ropes to keep the tarp in place pulled down tight against the tent.

Here is a link to the thread showing my mods to my Escape.
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=5195.0

Ray

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:42:18 PM by sablesoft »
Green Cub Escape Off Road

Offline The Bockies

• Swag User
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply too Ray. I had thought about a tarp as well so may well have a look on eBay too. Thanks again.

Cheers!
Kaye

thrasherdave

« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
Kitchen Storage.

We have  a Supamatic Drover, with a slide-out Engel in the drawbar box, as well as the 'pantry drawer' and the RHS 'storage drawer'.
We put our pots and pans and cutlery in the 'pantry drawer', which nearly fills it. We put our non-fridge food in the RHS drawer. We keep long trip food reserves as well as camp oven and open-fire stuff under the bed, because we access it less often.
The problem is, we find ourselves constantly having to walk round the other side (RHS) to get food to bring to the kitchen, and of course, we always forget stuff and have to walk round yet again. Is there a better way? Where do other owners store their food and kitchenware?

DaveO

Offline Stewart

• Tent User
    • Camping with a Cocktail
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:26 PM »
We keep the pans we use the most under our stove and our cutlery and utensils in slide out boxes. In the cupboard under the sink. Basic crockery for four fits at one end of the pantry drawer and all non perishable foods fit in the remainder of the pantry drawer. We have single beds in our supamatic and have one set of underbed storage for extra kitchen stuff that we may not use everyday such as extra alfoil, the camp oven and collapsible colander. Works well for us but we only carry enough plates etc for four people.
Prado 150 and Cub Supamatic Escape
https://www.campingwithacocktail.com/

Offline Wazza2

• Tent User
  • Campfires rule!
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
Mine is a very different setup to a standard Supamatic as we added drifta kitchen into the storage box and then put drifta drawers in where the kitchen normally is. A major change if you dont do it from new.

Another thought might be to get a drifta tucker box like we have though. If fits neatly into the hatch at the rear. We use it as a step and also for storage. Could easily be placed near kitchen area though and used for non-fridge food.

thrasherdave

« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
Electrics

Sorry, I have to vent after struggling under the bed for an hour and still totally unable to detect the hot wire coming in to the battery from the Anderson plug on the drawbar. Nearly all wires are orange, some with obscure texta messages written on them.

Cub wiring really sucks. And that includes bringing the negative cable from the Anderson plug at the front of the drawbar to the back, and then screwing it to the drawbar with a self tapper there. If they were going to do that, why bother to run it backwards 3 metres in the first place? Why not run it all the way to the battery - they were nearly there!

Sorry, people. I'm just trying to fit a Redarc DC-DC charger. I thought it would be a 15 minute job.

DaveO

Offline Estelle

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • New members of the leisure club
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »

Hi Dave,

Haven't had cable colour problems with ours. Maybe they have changed their ways. It is a new CT?

If it is older, maybe someone has re-cabled?

Our earth or -ve ( sorry Drivesafe) connection to the minus battery terminal is adjacent to the battery box. Joins the black cable from the Anderson connection.
Chris & John

05 DiD Platinum Pajero, Cub Spacevan Drover Off Road

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
Today l have joined the " Cub Club " 2011 Cub Escape will be collected  tomorrow to replace " The Black Pearl " for future voyages  .
lt is with great saddnes that l put  " The Black Pearl " up for grabs . TBP has followed me to many camp sites on many tracks . Then become the center of the comfortable camp site  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
Today l have joined the " Cub Club " 2011 Cub Escape will be collected  tomorrow to replace " The Black Pearl " for future voyages  .
lt is with great saddnes that l put  " The Black Pearl " up for grabs . TBP has followed me to many camp sites on many tracks . Then become the center of the comfortable camp site  :cheers:

:cheers: congratulations  :cheers:
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

WOW!!! That's big news, Jamie..... :cup: :cup: :cup:
Huge congrats......

TBP has served you well........you'll shed a tear when she goes.....

So, Nagambie has become "Cub Central"............ ;D ;D

:cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »
WOW!!! That's big news, Jamie..... :cup: :cup: :cup:
Huge congrats......

TBP has served you well........you'll shed a tear when she goes.....

So, Nagambie has become "Cub Central"............ ;D ;D

:cheers:
GeoffA
\ l have just posted " The  Black Pearl " on the classified to a good home only  . To a family that wants to got into  CTs on a budget .
It is with great saddness that l do this , but the new family will be clossly vetted , to want to have fun .
& yes a tear will be shed as it shows me dust as it embarks on its new adventure . But we go on ..... :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
Nice one Jamie.  :cup:

You'll love flippin' ya lid when you get it.  ;D
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline gunna

• Could End Up Anywhere
  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't leave your run to late
    • A Few Pic's
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »
Great stuff speewa

Took a couple of pic's of my cub
due for a w/end away very very soon

:cheers: sheeds

Offline poppasmurf

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
bout time mate now you can associate with us hob nobs lol
06 Terracan, 2010 cub kamperoo brumby

Offline kirwilli

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
Hi everyone just took our Spacematic Regal for a 2 week stint around southern NSW. The Cub handled it all very well its a Transcontinental Pack so off road was fine. Just a few comments about our experiences with the Cub.  On some nights we only had a one night stay, our annex was left draped over the van. Fine on calm nights, one very windy night I had to get out and put in some guys to stop the annex acting like a sail. I had lightly tied it down but the wind got under it. Next time I might try to position the cub door into the wind, not real god for comfort but will reduce the sail effect.  Secondly has anyone thought about extra poles running from the apex to the end bends to reduce the dip that generally occurs at the bends. Maybe extra poles would lift ther canvas and prevent the water pooling, just a thought. Finally, after many kms on rough road one of the locks on the kitcken door worked loose. Luckily a mate following couldm see movement on the door. I stopped and just got the lock before it feel off.  It had a screw with a spring washer holding it in, however it is only screwed into plastic. Luckily I had a screw in my tool box, I also added some Locktite. Oh one more thing We decided to move our badly positioned Cub without closing it down.  My mate raised the drawbar end and guess what, snagged our back door.  Not to much damage, easily pushed out.  It now looks liked a used Cub. Had an problem with one of the indicators on the Cub, Rang Ross in Sydney, service person came on phone and advised on fixing the problem, problem solved, great service. A very happy Cub Camper after our biggest outing yet

Kirwilli