Author Topic: Aussie Swag vent foam?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline loshde

• Tent User
Aussie Swag vent foam?
« on: May 02, 2023, 06:35:18 PM »
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody out there that owns an Aussie Swag Camper Trailer may be able to help me.  I need to replace the vent foam (its black) that sits behind the vents on either side of the camper, near the front.  They are located where the fridge sits and allows it to expel the heat generated from the fridge.  Our camper is an Ultra D 2012 and the foam is now perished and it desperately needs to be replaced.  We went to Clark Rubber today and they don't sell anything appropriate, but they thought it might be called Charcoal/Bamboo foam, but they didn't know where we could buy it.
If anyone has any information that might help or if you have actually replaced the foam I would love to know what you used and if it works.
Many thanks
Irene

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Aussie Swag vent foam?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 06:50:07 PM »
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody out there that owns an Aussie Swag Camper Trailer may be able to help me.  I need to replace the vent foam (its black) that sits behind the vents on either side of the camper, near the front.  They are located where the fridge sits and allows it to expel the heat generated from the fridge.  Our camper is an Ultra D 2012 and the foam is now perished and it desperately needs to be replaced.  We went to Clark Rubber today and they don't sell anything appropriate, but they thought it might be called Charcoal/Bamboo foam, but they didn't know where we could buy it.
If anyone has any information that might help or if you have actually replaced the foam I would love to know what you used and if it works.
Many thanks
Irene

Try an aquarium shop, they would have a fairly coarse sponge filter pad you could cut to size, another alternative would be an air conditioner filter.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline loshde

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 06:51:28 PM »
Thanks for that Pottsy,
I'll look into that.
Cheers
Irene

Offline Harbourmaster

• Tent User
  • Hard floor camper
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 08:12:46 PM »
I bought some foam for rally car air filters to do the ones on my KK. Found it online but couldn't tell you now where from.
2013 ex Telstra GU Patrol 2004 Kimberley Kamper

Offline filcar

• Tent User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 09:29:15 AM »
If you are a Facebook user there is a great Aussie Swag Owners Group you could join that will have the answer I suspect.
Defender 90 towing AussieSwag Ultra D

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 10:06:27 AM »
Search Unifilter
I know you used to be able to but sheets of filter foam to use as pre filters when I was racing dirt bikes

See here
https://unifilter.com/online-catalog/accessories/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 10:10:09 AM by NZMarkb »
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Wazza999

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 08:47:35 AM »
Would air conditioning filter mat be a suitable replacement for foam?
NT Pajero/2007 Goldstream Crown