Author Topic: I know, another tyre thread  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Julian Kaye

• Tent User
I know, another tyre thread
« on: May 19, 2017, 01:23:37 PM »
  I don't want to bore people but I had a look at some Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 ATs today. Has anyone got them. At $315 ea for 26565R17s they look like reasonable value and I'm tempted.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
Re: I know, another tyre thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »
I'm just glad to see you spelled it "tyre" instead of "tire"  ;D
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Wags

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: I know, another tyre thread
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
I've been running Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/65/R17 and found them great on road/ wet conditions, and on the beach. But looking at something different - like General Grabber AT2's - $240 fitted - As I run 2 sets of tyres - Mickey Thompson muddies when going bush and A/T's when on the tar towing stuff, I'm now in the market for a good A/T tyre as the muddies are getting to the stage where I won't be replacing them. The AT2's have come highly recommended and even better at a great price. The other option was the Goodyear All-terrain Adventure - great in wet conditions, but not in my budget.
Everyone has different reasons for buying certain tyres - and everyone has different opinions on each of those tyres. Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,
Wags