Author Topic: Grey ARMY wool blanket needed  (Read 2148 times)

Offline richo9923

• Swag User
Grey ARMY wool blanket needed
« on: April 25, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has one of the old style grey woolen blend ARMY blankets that is excess to requirements?

Long story but when I was a kid I had one from my parents that when we went anywhere on holidays we would buy a cloth badge showing the place and sew it on the blanket,  My baby boy (7 months old) has just had his first trip and got his first cloth badge to start his collection.

My nearly full blanket is at my sisters in the UK (with hers) ready to hand down to my boy when he is old enough, so if anyone has one laying around that they would like to get rid of I am happy to throw a few dollars or a slab their way and cover postage costs.

Yes I have found a couple on-line for around the $50 mark but would rather put some beer in someones fridge and maybe have a blanket with a bit of history than a brand new one putting profit to a faceless company

Offline Josh_WA

• Swag User
Re: Grey ARMY wool blanket needed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »
If you don't manage to get one from someone here we recently got one for about $30 at anaconda for my son to use as a camp blanket at Joey Scouts.  They do the same things with the badges for their activities and camps. I was pretty impressed with it and he says its nice and warm. Cheers
2018 - Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series
2019 - Trackabout Extenda Tourer

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 11:21:51 AM »
Did the same for my daughter for guides. The new ones aint like those old ones though. I "acquired" en ex RAN grey blanket somewhere over the years and I wont be giving that up anytime soon.
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 11:56:46 AM »
Have you tried Aussie Disposals they get a lot of defense force stuff

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline richo9923

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 04:01:05 PM »
Thanks will try anaconda and Aussie disposals on Monday

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline OldPaj

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 08:39:59 PM »
The "newer" Army blankets are brown with a couple of green stripes to show the storemen where to fold them.
Still good blankets (except when they are so old and worn that they are like using scratchy sheets).

Offline trinityalyce

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Bulldust & Back Roads
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 09:29:51 AM »
Probably not in the same price bracket, but Drifta are putting some quality wool blankets from a place in Tassie in their new swags.

No comment on the swag otherwise... but I am impressed with the look of the blanket! Haven’t seen one up close though.

Also check out op shops - we’ve picked up some we have in swags etc in op shops over the years.

Love the idea of adding the badges to it.
Trinity (+ James + Mister Dog)
'04 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Wagon + '06 TD42 GU Nissan Patrol Coil Cab Ute + '18 Ultimate Xplor GT Camper

www.bulldustandbackroads.com