Author Topic: 4 weeks : east coast - melb to???, places to stay and things to do?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline chrisroche

• Tent User
We are planning a trip for 4 weeks. Starting in Melb and heading north.  4 kids in tow so miles per day want be huge and was thinking maybe flying them to Cairns and making a beeline by myself or just heading up inland and to the coast around maroochydore and then home via the coast.  The big question is where to go and what to see ( I was impressed with the recent article on The Clarence Gorge near Grafton area and have that on the last

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Chris
Are we there yet?

2011 Pathfinder...Lifestyle Camper

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: 4 weeks : east coast - melb to???, places to stay and things to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »
3 days to get there, then week on fraser
then bundy factory tour once you leave
then depends what you wanna do.. head across to the Flinders Via Innaminka and the dig tree etc... thru the flinders to ayres rock via Oodnadatta etc.

Skies the limit dude :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 4 weeks : east coast - melb to???, places to stay and things to do?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
plenty to see around Dorrigo and it's surrounds... there's the Waterfall Way and heaps of National parks to explore in the area etc.... from there head along Old Grafton Rd towards Tenterfield, go climb Bald Rock and then head up to Girraween National Park closer to Stanthorpe and climb The Pyramid (depending on the ages of the kids i guess though...will be hot in summer on the granite rocks also). on your run South stop in at Copeton Dam as you head for somewhere like the Sawn Rocks in Mount Kaputar National Park
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t