Author Topic: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond  (Read 15920 times)

Offline Rob Mac

• Tent User
  • My Father learning to drive 1950
Re: So whats the plan for 2019 & beyond
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »
Well, (thats a hole in the ground) I'm pretty happy to be alive and still reasonably healthy. PET scan late November showed the orange glows from 3 years ago are black and no new glows, my Onco was happy, I was extra happy!!. Early Christmas present.
Next year, plans Nat meet, (my Onco says I can take one of my 3 monthly hormone implants with me, so I can have 6 months away, woohoo . Just got to get a GP to inject it, buggered if I want to push that sucker into my stomach), Berri for a week or two, Adelaide area, York Peninsula, then to Darwin mid June for a re-union. then down the west coast, just need to be back in Brissy mid Sept for next implant.
Lovin this retired life.
All the best to you all.
Cheers
Potatoes go with anything

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2018, 08:41:02 PM »
with everyone at my work being replaced by the 457 visa 7/11 people i dont think its far away which isnt a good thing at my age in IT

My wife has a friend in India that is in IT and he gets paid $23000 a year and gets moved around the world. He couldn't believe how much I made as a truck driver!  :o

Foo
So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2018, 09:06:41 PM »
Safe Travels Rob,
See ya soon.
Happy days mate.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »
Well, (thats a hole in the ground) I'm pretty happy to be alive and still reasonably healthy. PET scan late November showed the orange glows from 3 years ago are black and no new glows, my Onco was happy, I was extra happy!!. Early Christmas present.
Next year, plans Nat meet, (my Onco says I can take one of my 3 monthly hormone implants with me, so I can have 6 months away, woohoo . Just got to get a GP to inject it, buggered if I want to push that sucker into my stomach), Berri for a week or two, Adelaide area, York Peninsula, then to Darwin mid June for a re-union. then down the west coast, just need to be back in Brissy mid Sept for next implant.
Lovin this retired life.
All the best to you all.
Cheers

Sort of puts life into perspective. 

As Hairs says, Safe Travels
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rob Mac

• Tent User
  • My Father learning to drive 1950
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »
Safe Travels Rob,
See ya soon.
Happy days mate.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk
Cheers Jon, prepare to be surprised He He , ya never know where I might pop up !!!
See you all soon,  :cheers:
Potatoes go with anything

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
Hi all, Wife and I had three sons finish up school to grade 12 in last two years so hopeful they will find a job, have one daughter still in primary school she is 11 so a bit to go for her, We own everything so very lucky there, I turn 55 and been working cleaning schools as a causal cleaner and loving this job, better than the stress of a charter boat skipper, we are starting to travel more with the old pop up van I rebuilt and loving it, couple of good trips planned for this year with the hole family, Safe life and happy travels everyone, Craig     
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:23:35 AM by Craig Tomkinson »
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
Been in hospital since nye. Nothing too bad compared with other people on the ward. Getting perspective again is never a bad thing.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2019, 04:36:07 PM »
Been in hospital since nye. Nothing too bad compared with other people on the ward. Getting perspective again is never a bad thing.
GBC
      Get your A into G & drag your Raggety Arse out of there it full of sick people that cant co Camping . Now don't do that again , people will worry  .                :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2019, 04:41:53 PM »
Cheers mate, I’ve taken myself off all the painkillers and begging for a discharge. Not my scene at all. I’d rather cop some pain at home than be drugged to the eyeballs in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:51 PM »
GDC
 lm not saying ditch the drugs , they supply comfort  . Just get out of hospital & go home . Discharge yourself with the pain killers they work just as well at home .

Then go camping  , sitting at camp with  a fist full of drugs &  :cheers:  That should work    :cup:
But lm not a doctor so l cant advise you , can l   .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :cheers:
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »
GDC
 lm not saying ditch the drugs , they supply comfort  . Just get out of hospital & go home . Discharge yourself with the pain killers they work just as well at home .

Then go camping  , sitting at camp with  a fist full of drugs &  :cheers:  That should work    :cup:
But lm not a doctor so l cant advise you , can l   .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :cheers:

Some of the stuff they’ve had me on makes the hangover movies look tame. Not sure driving when you can’t feel your feet is going to end well. 🤣

Offline Bad Scott

• You dump, Scott and I pump
  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • AKA "Bad Scott"
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »
National Meet, camping, lots of banter
Ultimate LC79 Combo

ScarpsD40

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2019, 07:34:16 PM »
National Meet, camp fires, lots of banter
Fixed it for you

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »
While visiting the family in Forster last week I found some land I fell in love with overlooking the beach. Unfortunately with the wife being on maternity leave shortly it’s going to be tough adding another mortgage.

So our plan is to sacrifice some things like Foxtel, holidays, jetski etc to get the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2019, 06:03:48 AM »
Only 1 more sleep till we head off to Ceduna to collect our New  ( to us ) Glamper    :cheers:
 Complete Camper  Exodus 14  with all the toys  , That will be a whole new adventure . Then 2 weeks shake down trip home  . 8)                        :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:    :cheers:
lf you happen to see 2 Swaggers with Huge Smiles :D planting yet another member sticker on a hybrid wave  :cup:
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2019, 09:18:09 AM »
Only 1 more sleep till we head off to Ceduna to collect our New  ( to us ) Glamper    :cheers:
 Complete Camper  Exodus 14  with all the toys  , That will be a whole new adventure . Then 2 weeks shake down trip home  . 8)                        :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:    :cheers:
lf you happen to see 2 Swaggers with Huge Smiles :D planting yet another member sticker on a hybrid wave  :cup:
Hi Speewa, congrats on the new mobile home, not sure which way your shakedown tour is heading but I can recommend the Coffin Bay Area if you are heading down the coast. Good caravan park, great feed at the yacht club and delicious Coffin Bay Oysters plus a day spent in the National Park is well worthwhile.
Cheers
Pottsy
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »
Thats exactly the direction we are heading , hopefully we can find suicidal fish somewhere . Anyhow wats the rush home     ???        :cup: & its only a couple of weeks or so        :cup:      :cheers:

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
Thats exactly the direction we are heading , hopefully we can find suicidal fish somewhere . Anyhow wats the rush home     ???        :cup: & its only a couple of weeks or so        :cup:      :cheers:

Fishing, um, Venus Bay, MT Camel Beach, Sheringa, Elliston, Coffin Bay, Tumby Bay, plenty to choose from.

Good luck and tight lines.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline MarkVS

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »
National meet, selling home and moving.

Mark VS
2020 Patrol Series 5
2015 Complete Campsite Exodus 14

2013,2015,2017 National Meet
Survivor 2013 McGirr Across the Gulf trip
2014 McGirr Cape trip
2016 Duggie Savannah trip
2018 McGirr Kimberley

For every situation you have 3 choices. Live with it, change it, or leave it. But only pick one

Offline Niley

• Tent User
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2019, 12:17:44 PM »
Lovin this retired life.
All the best to you all.
Cheers

Thats great news Rob, will be good to catch up at the National Meet. We are heading North after the meet, however our agenda is not as easy going as yours.

Cheers

Neil
Landcruiser Prado & ?????
The following users thanked this post: Rob Mac

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »
Our plan for 2029 and beyond is to do more of what WE want to do and less of what others (friends, family, etc) would like us to do. We're retired and spend FAR to much time and energy doing what others want.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2002 Discovery 2 Td5 auto
2004 Outback Sturt rear fold soft floor
Http://jandmf.com

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:43 AM »
Now that I have the van up and running, to actually use it is my main aim. Other than that a new tug would be nice so I can go somewhere with hills, but that's a pipe dream right now.
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2019, 09:39:33 AM »
Bought a house at the end of last year so camping is on hold for a while and focusing on kicking the mortgage in the butt for a bit.
We went on a Mediterranean cruise in 2018 and found we loved it so saving for the Alaskan cruise in 2020
And after getting both the tide and the wind wrong at Hawks Nest and just about dislocating my shoulder paddling back up the river i stopped at the local Quintrex dealer on the way home and am thinking very hard ;D
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2019, 10:22:31 AM »
Our plan for 2029 and beyond is to do more of what WE want to do and less of what others (friends, family, etc) would like us to do. We're retired and spend FAR to much time and energy doing what others want.

Come on mate....dont you know grandparents are obliged to look after grand kids at their parents call?    ;D ;D   Yep.....time flies so look out for yourself.  The younger set will cope.
Having lots of friends on farcebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...means absolutely nothing!!

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
To be That Bloke GUNNASDUNNIT in regards to finaly getting a relocatable non canvased walled home way from home built .. years of delay through injury / recovery and the lack of motivation it bought, Is over .  As to staying around our current location, that is going to be  put under the microscope also  .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "