Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302908 times)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1475 on: September 15, 2020, 11:36:57 AM »
It’s not genuine compassion, it’s all just more pathetic political games.

I actually heard him talking about it and think in this one instance it was, he originally went direct to AP to see what she could do, he didn't go public. I think it probably has to do with him losing his Dad earlier this year. It was AP who originally tried to politicise their exchange to claim she was being bullied, to continue tapping into the "us vs them" mentality many in QLD (and WA) have. This was an own goal, not many were going to feel sorry for her about being "bullied", any sympathy was going to go towards her missing out on her Dads funeral, and SM tried to help by phoning AP, but she said no.

They have since said they are upset that it has been made a political issue that turned into a media circus, and rightly so, I think assuming the media only rocked up because SM told them the date and time is a bit naive though, but he also shouldn't have publicised it.   

On a separate note, the comparison between people not being able to make it to see dying loved ones and AFLers/movie stars isn't exactly valid either, they are isolating here for two weeks which anyone can do, it's that in a lot of cases people don't have two weeks left to live, it's a terrible look for the QLD government on the surface of it, but something they don't seem to be able to adequately communicate.

There are valid questions people have thought about the heartbreak some are experiencing that seems to be based on some pretty shaky rationale, one of the two reasons the QLD Cheif Health Officer gave that Ms. Caisip from the ACT wasn't allowed into QLD, firstly see her dying father, and then to his funeral after he died was "The other part is, you might remember there were a lot of cases in Batemans Bay, and a lot of Canberrans have weekend residences they go to in Batemans Bay." Now that outbreak was contained weeks beforehand. If that is one of the best reasons they have for excluding people who come from a state that hasn't seen a case for over 150 day's, you can be pretty sure they are trying to harness the "us vs them" mentality as a re-election tactic.
The following users thanked this post: rags

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #1476 on: September 15, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »
yes they do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6SMGrIaals still cracks me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lCnMmZYo4 1min 55... GOLD

haha, that was you at 3:50 eh? Cool dance moves...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1477 on: September 15, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »
haha, that was you at 3:50 eh? Cool dance moves...
na thts keithy... and speewa after that LMAO
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1478 on: September 15, 2020, 05:24:31 PM »
On a positive note, there were no recorded deaths in Vic today

GG
That's gotta to be a good thing.
:)
Just maybe there is light at the end ofthe tunnel for you guys.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1479 on: September 15, 2020, 05:37:05 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
That's gotta to be a good thing.
Yep.. its where they were aiming for... but lets see how the week goes first.  All teh deadShits will expect things to go back to normal tomorrow.

Just maybe there is light at the end ofthe tunnel for you guys.
until the minute they open the flood gates, everyone will go back to normal, and it will spread again like a fart in a tornado.
I hope they dont fall for the minority who dont think it will happen.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #1480 on: September 15, 2020, 05:41:57 PM »
Wont take much to kick off again.
I hope for all guys, it works.
Take care.

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1481 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:49 AM »
On a separate note, the comparison between people not being able to make it to see dying loved ones and AFLers/movie stars isn't exactly valid either, they are isolating here for two weeks which anyone can do

Thats true, but.............

Everyone else must isolate where they're are told to, and are restricted to their rooms with minimal free movement.
The footballers were allowed to go to a luxury resort and have free run of the place with unrestricted movement within the complex to use the pool etc. The real aggravation in the community is that the footballers (and associated hangers-on) have been caught at least 4 times breaching the so called "strict" isolation rules by leaving the quarantine area to go to night clubs, day spa's, and theme parks, with no visible repercussions.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1482 on: September 16, 2020, 08:23:27 AM »
With the ALF finial being played in Brisbane we were going to try and get the tickets seeing it will be the only times this ever happens, but chatting to my neighbour who is a Dr and said quite a few fellow Dr’s believe having 35 000 in the stadium could be Queensland’s version of the Ruby Princess or the Hotel debacle.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1483 on: September 16, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »

Everyone else must isolate where they're are told to, and are restricted to their rooms with minimal free movement.
The footballers were allowed to go to a luxury resort and have free run of the place with unrestricted movement within the complex to use the pool etc. The real aggravation in the community is that the footballers (and associated hangers-on) have been caught at least 4 times breaching the so called "strict" isolation rules by leaving the quarantine area to go to night clubs, day spa's, and theme parks, with no visible repercussions.

Yeah, part of me almost wishes one of them tested positive at the end of the quarantine period, meaning they would then have to quarantine for at least another 14 days  >:D and you are right, claiming you are strong on borders and also then claiming a win for getting the AFL grand final is all undermined by a few people doing the wrong thing. It's a very fine line to walk, I think those inconstitancies will form a large part of the attack campain the LNP uses in what is shaping up to be a presedential style state election.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1484 on: September 16, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
Quote from: Beachman
With the ALF finial being played in Brisbane we were going to try and get the tickets seeing it will be the only times this ever happens, but chatting to my neighbour who is a Dr and said quite a few fellow Dr’s believe having 35 000 in the stadium could be Queensland’s version of the Ruby Princess or the Hotel debacle.
Anything is possible.... Does everyone going to go the game have to be pre-tested?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1485 on: September 16, 2020, 02:17:34 PM »
More evidence of making the rules up as they go along...

Victoria Police has unveiled a harsh new fine ahead of tonight's easing of restrictions in regional Victoria.

There are fears the rule change – which will come into effect at midnight tonight – will spark a mass exodus of Melburnians attempting to flee their locked down city, which could see coronavirus cases spread to country areas.

But Deputy Commissioner, Regional Operations Rick Nugent has announced a raft of measures to stop rulebreakers in their tracks.

There will be an increased police presence on the roads with officers checking cars and vehicles towing campervans and boats as well as keeping an eye on venues – but the biggest deterrent will likely be a brand new, "huge" $4957 fine for the fresh offence of "failure to comply with a requirement to remain in a restricted area".

Deputy Commissioner Nugent said the fine would apply to every adult within a vehicle – so if a family was caught breaking the rules, for example, both parents would be slapped with individual fines.

"That is quite a significant fine and clearly aimed to deter people from the Melbourne metro area," he said.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1486 on: September 16, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
More evidence of making the rules up as they go along...

Victoria Police has unveiled a harsh new fine ahead of tonight's easing of restrictions in regional Victoria.

There are fears the rule change – which will come into effect at midnight tonight – will spark a mass exodus of Melburnians attempting to flee their locked down city, which could see coronavirus cases spread to country areas.

But Deputy Commissioner, Regional Operations Rick Nugent has announced a raft of measures to stop rulebreakers in their tracks.

There will be an increased police presence on the roads with officers checking cars and vehicles towing campervans and boats as well as keeping an eye on venues – but the biggest deterrent will likely be a brand new, "huge" $4957 fine for the fresh offence of "failure to comply with a requirement to remain in a restricted area".

Deputy Commissioner Nugent said the fine would apply to every adult within a vehicle – so if a family was caught breaking the rules, for example, both parents would be slapped with individual fines.

"That is quite a significant fine and clearly aimed to deter people from the Melbourne metro area," he said.

Ah Victoria, a fine state to be in  >:(
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1487 on: September 16, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
So have the police made up this rule, I wouldn't have thought that the police  have that power, they enforce the laws that parliament make, so where did this come from then?
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1488 on: September 16, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »
Quote from: D4D
There are fears the rule change – which will come into effect at midnight tonight – will spark a mass exodus of Melburnians attempting to flee their locked down city

Does anyone honestly believe this wont happen? Honestly?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:05:10 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1489 on: September 16, 2020, 04:18:13 PM »
So have the police made up this rule, I wouldn't have thought that the police  have that power, they enforce the laws that parliament make, so where did this come from then?
No, they were chosen to announce it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1490 on: September 16, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »

And don’t forget the staff of these resorts are coming and going from work , mixing in the general community.
Not sure what the risks are but I’m sure there would be some risk

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1491 on: September 18, 2020, 09:04:18 AM »
Interesting change to some of the 'first step' rules. Cut a long story short, my bike was in for repair when Dan dropped stage 4 restrictions on us effective that day. It has been sitting at the bike shop unable to be collected for the last few months as it is more the 5km away from my house. Based on the new wording I called the 'COVID hotline' yesterday for a ruling. After an escalation to a supervisor they said I could go and pick up my bike as long as it was a point to point trip and I followed all COVID safe guidelines.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/shopping-retail-personal-services-metropolitan-melbourne-first-step-covid-19#can-bicycle-repair-or-maintenance-stores-operatenbsp

Can bicycle repair or maintenance stores operate?
Bicycles are considered vehicles and customers are permitted to seek urgent repairs. If the nearest repair or maintenance store is more than 5km from your home, you may travel outside the 5km zone to access these services. Bicycle repair and maintenance stores may operate for repairs and critical maintenance only. This should operate as ‘drop off and collect’ service to minimise face-to-face interaction.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1493 on: September 18, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
Quote from: D4D
"That is quite a significant fine and clearly aimed to deter people from the Melbourne metro area," he said.[/i]

It didnt work..... about a trillion $ in fines right there :D out of debt and back to normal
queue at little river
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:11:50 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1495 on: September 18, 2020, 02:02:11 PM »
Still depends who you are....

'How is this fair?' Expats furious after Lord Sugar brags of flying into Sydney
By Latika Bourke

Expats locked out of Australia are questioning why a British billionaire television host was allowed to fly into the country when thousands of Australians cannot get home because of the government's travel bans.

Alan Sugar, a British Lord, revealed on Twitter that he had secured one of the estimated 30 seats on an Emirates flight from London to Sydney this week. He subsequently announced he had been announced as the host of Celebrity Apprentice Australia, a reality show being produced by Warner Bros for the Nine Network.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #1496 on: September 18, 2020, 03:05:59 PM »
Still depends who you are....

Always has, always will.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
Those who count, and those who don't...
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1497 on: September 18, 2020, 04:44:20 PM »
Money talks..... peasants walk.

Been happening since the beginning of time.

I DON'T CARE HOW NICE THE HAND SOAP SMELLS.....

You should never walk out of the public toilets sniffing your fingers.

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1498 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »
Some common sense...

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-victoria-police-order-law-professor-and-elderly-mother-to-keep-walking/news-story/d367e6c4e05b48b45b673fdc5b9f0cec

She suggests Victoria Police and the state government have lost sight of the ultimate purpose of the restrictions, which is to stop COVID-19 transmission.

Instead, the rules are being enforced for the rules’ sake – even if there is clearly no risk.

“If there is a person in a park without a mask on and there’s no one within a kilometre, for God’s sake, let it go,” she said.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1499 on: September 21, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »
Some common sense...
That was actually one of the most balanced and non hyped up stories I’ve read out of VIC in months.

Everyone (except the token Liberal guy talking to Sky News) made great arguments and actually used some common sense in their logic.
That’s a pretty rare news article these days.

Unfortunately I don’t expect poor old Frank to have a job at news Corp for much longer unless he gets a few more Sky quotes and hyperbole thrown in his stories from now on.... ;)

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/news-corp-slammed-for-unbalanced-reporting-on-victorian-premier-as-poll-shows-majority-supports-him
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:28:07 PM by Pete79 »