Author Topic: NRL 2018  (Read 32955 times)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: NRL 2018
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »
The story is Brad Arthur has "lost the room".....

Will he be the 1st to get the boot this year ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »
The story is Brad Arthur has "lost the room".....

Will he be the 1st to get the boot this year ??
Hayne claims another coach yet again will it be
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »

Hayne "Plain" to coach Parra???
 ;) ;D
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »

Actually it is Corey Norman not getting along with Mitch Moses, and then Corey Norman not getting along with the coach. Norman may need to go back to snorting on the GC.
As the club is still being run by Max Donnelly, the administrator appointed by the govt liqueur licensing board, there is no club board (1) to back the coach to sack Norman or (2) sack the coach.
Parra football club is different to most other member clubs in that the licence leagues club controls the football club. It is why the former players jostle to get on leagues club board, to get control of the football club running and has lead to why they have suffered in previous years through poor board decisions.One club is a multi million dollar business the other a fledgling footy club in comparison.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:56:18 PM by rags »
The following users thanked this post: Marty

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 09:56:47 PM »
Actually it is Corey Norman not getting along with Mitch Moses, and then Corey Norman not getting along with the coach. Norman may need to go back to snorting on the GC.
As the club is still being run by Max Donnelly, the administrator appointed by the govt liqueur licensing board, there is no club board (1) to back the coach to sack Norman or (2) sack the coach.
Parra football club is different to most other member clubs in that the licence leagues club controls the football club. It is why the former players jostle to get on leagues club board, to get control of the football club running and has lead to why they have suffered in previous years through poor board decisions.
maybe Mosses will start crying about wanting to leave the club like he did at Wests.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 06:37:28 AM »
What’s the go with Manly players saying they don’t want to play with Jackson Hastings?....those guys need to concern themselves more with learning how to catch a football rather then petty school boy squabbles in the team.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
So what is considered tackled in footy now?? The bloke has to be on the ground with 4-5 blokes on top?

I've seen so many blokes stopped for 5+ seconds, 2- 3 tacklers... they are not going anywhere, no offload chance... but they keep battling him to the ground then blokes lay on him until the 3 bears come back for their porridge..

Used to be once the bloke was stopped, and no offload - that was tackled..

??? ???
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 10:26:03 PM »
So what is considered tackled in footy now?? The bloke has to be on the ground with 4-5 blokes on top?

I've seen so many blokes stopped for 5+ seconds, 2- 3 tacklers... they are not going anywhere, no offload chance... but they keep battling him to the ground then blokes lay on him until the 3 bears come back for their porridge..

Used to be once the bloke was stopped, and no offload - that was tackled..

??? ???
you need to get them to the ground and roll them over to slow the play the ball...don’t do that and they get quick play the balls going and defensive team is on the back foot from there.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
so next time you drop the ball, just kick it as you had intended to do a drop kick all the time.  Pretty questionable even when the player said he dropped it. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
so next time you drop the ball, just kick it as you had intended to do a drop kick all the time.  Pretty questionable even when the player said he dropped it.
Billy was shaking his head even before he got up, you could see him saying no try as his teammates run up to him and then he raises his eyebrows when its given a try. He knew all along it wasn't a try but you cant blame him the  refs should learn the rules. Was a great game tho, plenty of skill from both teams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »
Billy was shaking his head even before he got up, you could see him saying no try as his teammates run up to him and then he raises his eyebrows when its given a try. He knew all along it wasn't a try but you cant blame him the  refs should learn the rules. Was a great game tho, plenty of skill from both teams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nah you can't blame the players, the ball is life until that whistle goes.  Then we all stand by to see what call the refs make. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »
General play field goal attempt...take the shot and miss and one of your own players grabs the ball before going over the deadball line and scores, it’s a try. Billy’s try not the same thing, but how do you prove it wasn’t an attempted kick? The rules don’t say you need to be attempting a drop kick at the goals, just need to be doing a kick. At the end of the day you can drop the ball and have one bounce and it’s called a drop kick, not the same traditional kick people are used to, but it fell within the interpretation of the rules IMO.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »
just have to show intent to kick the ball when you drop it.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
I was meant to be in Tamworth Saturday night for the game, but was on my way to Brisbane instead. Checking updates right to the end, I thought your lads had it Rummy, but the last refresh warmed the heart. I don’t know if it was a good game or not, I’ll have to watch the replay tomorrow

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2018, 07:42:45 PM »
I was meant to be in Tamworth Saturday night for the game, but was on my way to Brisbane instead. Checking updates right to the end, I thought your lads had it Rummy, but the last refresh warmed the heart. I don’t know if it was a good game or not, I’ll have to watch the replay tomorrow

It was an enjoyable game to watch and even though I'm a Tigers fan I was happy for them to have their first loss of the season given that the Knights competed to the end.
Yes I said the 1st loss as that one against the Broncos doesn't count given the circumstances

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
i didn’t  see the game, was at a kids bbq that started at 11.00 a.m....kinda dragged on into an adults social drinks after that though...lol. I did see with 20 minutes to go Wests infront by 10, but I didn’t feel like they were certain to win at that score, they’ve thrown so many leads away over the years sadly.

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
I watched the game today, the lads played well. I thought the Tigers were lucky for it to be that close to be honest, Ponga’s kicking wasn’t too flash.
It was an entertaining game though with some good hits too, I wish we were there!

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »
Watching the footy shows tonight carrying on about how Burgess should have been sent is a bit tough.  Aiden Seizer was dropping & there was no sign of a swinging arm, I can’t see the fuss.

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »

Thats strange...... Don't hear much Yippie Ky Ahhh happining at the moment....... >:D >:D

Cheers Tracker.
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »
Soooo, no more Cam Smith brilliance this origin.
Time to see if the one young ones can step up and keep giving it to the Blues...

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 08:40:53 AM »
Soooo, no more Cam Smith brilliance this origin.
Time to see if the one young ones can step up and keep giving it to the Blues...
Think of the pressure on some poor **** who will be compared "hes no Cam Smith" all series.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 08:45:47 AM »
Yeah the pressure will be huge, but Queenlanders always bring it to another level when the pressure is on. ;)

As long as we don’t start using the NSW model of completely different hooker, half back, five-eighth and full back combinations for every single game, I think we’ll be right.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 10:35:53 AM »
So, is Bellamy going to chase the 5 million?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 11:56:08 AM »
you’d think he’s achieved enough at Melbourne now to move on elsewhere, and he’s got family on the Gold Coast also....so maybe.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:55 PM »

considering the $5m has never been confirmed by any party (and was pretty much called a load of BS by bellamy himself), who knows?

whatever the final offer to bellamy is, it's worth every penny IMO, along with paying out bennett to move along...  the broncos can afford it.

it surely must be attractive to bellamy from a football standpoint, with cronk already gone and smith and slater not too far behind...  plenty of young talent at the broncos for him to wield his magic over...

it would also be a masterstroke by the broncos, when it comes to talk of the second team in brisbane...