Author Topic: Cub Kamparoo weekender Kitchen.  (Read 1760 times)

Offline jjob222

• Learning the Ropes
Cub Kamparoo weekender Kitchen.
« on: January 19, 2017, 03:59:41 PM »
Hi everyone, just joined the forum as I have just bought my first Cub camper. So I guess this means I can now join the cub club?
Anyway got a very clean 2003 model in really good nick so very happy with it.
I would however like to make a few mods so after some ideas. The wife is not entirely happy with the kitchen unit as she would like the more traditional pullout with the pull out drawer along side it, as in the newer models. Also looking at changing from 3 leaf springs to 5 or six leaf and larger wheels for a bit more off road/gravel road work. And lastly I was thinking of extending and strengthening the draw bar to accommodate a fridge slide, portaloo box etc.
My existing kitchen unit is 1202x515x175 , does anyone know of any other units that may fit. Height of 175 is where I am running into problems. Otherwise I could just turn the existing unit 90 degrees but then I will run into issues with a roller system.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cheers John

Offline sparkieqld

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Cub Kamparoo weekender Kitchen.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
I have a complete suspension off of a near new semi offroad trailer, 5 leaf silent slipper springs, axle, Toyota 6 stud hubs, all mounting hardware ready to weld on, and three 15 inch wheels and AT's with legal tread up for grabs for a reasonable offer if your interested.
I can be a cranky old bugga so if I offended anyone I apologize, but you probably deserved it.
The following users thanked this post: jjob222

Offline jjob222

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Cub Kamparoo weekender Kitchen.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
Thanks anyway but we wanted to go with shackles both ends for the springs.
cheers