Author Topic: Centrelink SCAM!! who voted in this government  (Read 34991 times)

Offline Julian Kaye

• Tent User
Re: Centrelink SCAM!! who the F%^% voted in this government
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »

Remember this, deal with Centrelink, the ATO or any other Government department and you invite them into your life. The ATO cannot be avoided but Centrelink certainly can. Opt out, go independent, seek no "benefits" and you will be better off for having avoided these bludgers.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/what-should-you-do-if-you-get-a-centrelink-debt-letter-20170104-gtlmgl.html

What the ****?
"On Tuesday, Social Services Minister Christian Porter admitted one in five people who received one of those letters did not owe a debt."

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 08:10:49 AM »
Whilst I haven't received a letter in the recent debacle I did a couple of years back, whilst I don't condone taking it out on staff they were the cause of a lot of my issues, my business is a partnership between myself and my wife but the partnership agreement has all income going to me, this isn't that uncommon.
We had to go in for them to evidence some papers for the family assistance my wife receives and although having all the relevant documentation the incompetent employee decided to attribute half the income to my wife despite me pointing out to her the error at the time, so we now had a debt for thousands >:(.
Here comes the big issue, dealing with Centrelink in order to correct their stuff up makes banging your head against a brick wall look enticing. I can't remember the exact time I spent on the phone and actually in Centrelink getting this resolved (days not just hours) but it would have easily cost me four figures in lost income, a number of times we were told it had been rectified only for it not to be, eventually thankfully we found a rare competent employee who actually knew her job and actually resolved the issue.

Then there was the time that they overpaid us because although they had asked for my expected income for my wife's family assistance and I deliberately waaay overestimated it to avoid receiving any overpayments, they for some inexplicable reason decided to use a smaller figure resulting in us being overpaid and having to repay a debt ::).

I feel for those going through this as I have been there myself, hopefully, due to the magnitude of it and the media attention your issues won't drag on as long.

Offline jmorgan1981

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • It was that last beer!!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »
Yes, Gov bureaucracy – don’t you love it.   But maybe the real problem, and I could be wrong, are all the low life bludgers that abuse the system and that means stealing money from all of us tax payers.   Remember the welfare bill for this year will be 160 Billion Dollars!  You see the bludgers everywhere, in every town/city.  Obviously dressed and well presented for work or a job interview.  Yes, there are genuine people who need support.  But there are a lot of the others.  And the worker gets screwed...  Kevin

Spot on.
2017 Mazda BT-50 XT
2014 Kimberley Kamper LE

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
After spending the last 2 - 3 years on a mixture of reduced pay, partial welfare payments, compo & then an injury claim payout, I'm just waiting with bated breath to get one of these myself :'( >:(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 08:59:36 AM »
But maybe the real problem, and I could be wrong, are all the low life bludgers that abuse the system and that means stealing money from all of us tax payers.   Remember the welfare bill for this year will be 160 Billion Dollars!

While there are some people that are ripping everyone off, that $160bill is not just the dole, it's all types of welfare - AusStudy for kid's in Uni, Youth Allowance while they're getting a full-time job, Newstart, Age pension, NDIS, aged-care accomodation & support etc etc etc

I believe the NewStart side of things is only about $4bill ???

The following users thanked this post: Diver

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:09 AM »
Yes, Gov bureaucracy – don’t you love it.   But maybe the real problem, and I could be wrong, are all the low life bludgers that abuse the system and that means stealing money from all of us tax payers.   Remember the welfare bill for this year will be 160 Billion Dollars!  You see the bludgers everywhere, in every town/city.  Obviously dressed and well presented for work or a job interview.  Yes, there are genuine people who need support.  But there are a lot of the others.  And the worker gets screwed...  Kevin

Is this figure a genuine amount or is it a figure that the Government wants us to believe so that they 'the Government' can take monies away from those who are in need  ? IE - pensioners who have paid tax all there working lives or those that are genuinely disabled.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
Yes, Gov bureaucracy – don’t you love it.   But maybe the real problem, and I could be wrong, are all the low life bludgers that abuse the system and that means stealing money from all of us tax payers.   

I don't think anyone has an issue with rorters being caught out, the issue is the drastically flawed way of doing it is catching up many innocent people who then have to deal with an unbelievably incompetent government department to clear their name/debt.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »
Quote from: duggie
Is this figure a genuine amount or is it a figure that the Government wants us to believe so that they 'the Government' can take monies away from those who are in need  ? IE - pensioners who have paid tax all there working lives or those that are genuinely disabled.
That's probably the total figure of every single payment made + 80% to make it look worse then seasonally adjusted...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
I still find it unbelievable that people can get the dole immediately on leaving school.  How is that for incentive to get a job?  And I know a few nephews who had well paid jobs and decided they wanted a change of career. So they quit work to go to uni and get tax payers money to live on while they do this.  I mean WTF.  I recall not that long ago if you wanted a change of career you had to save up and fund yourself?   Or keep working and go to TAFE at night?  And then the dole bludgers who call it their pay day.  Pay day  >:(  But I know there are genuine ones and really feel for them, not a good place to be.    Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »
Common sense logic says that the best bet would be to Let bygones be bygones: Don't worry about the past, set the system up so it works from 1st July 2017

Resulting in:
Less disruption from the point of view of everyone, and then a nice clean sheet from the 1st July with a joined up system (in theory...)
No $hitty letters to people
Less stress for Centrelink staff
People can ensure that they are going to have the records they need from the 1st July, instead of trying to find things from many years ago

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2017, 10:25:51 AM »
Just wait until they offshore the call centres to Manilla...

Centrelink are Shite, the only reason we deal with them is for the childcare allowance to make the $47k a year full-time daycare fees a bit easier on the pocket...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »
Common sense logic says that the best bet would be to Let bygones be bygones: Don't worry about the past, set the system up so it works from 1st July 2017
but how does the minister beat his chest saying he has recouped millions!!!

... instead of trying to find things from many years ago
but this is what they are counting on... people not being able to do so the get more back.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 10:28:55 AM »
Is this figure a genuine amount

2016 budget

Social Security & Welfare $158.61b

Assistance to the Aged $63.3b
"" Families with children $37.6b
"" People with Disabilities $33.4b
"" Unemployed & sick $10.5b
"" Veterans & dependants $6.5b
"" Indigenous Australians $2.2b
Other welfare programs $1.6b
General admin $3.6b

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
I know a few nephews who had well paid jobs and decided they wanted a change of career. So they quit work to go to uni and get tax payers money to live on while they do this.  I mean WTF.
I recall not that long ago if you wanted a change of career you had to save up and fund yourself?   Or keep working and go to TAFE at night? 

Austudy has been around for 30yrs now and the tertiary assistance scheme before that, University used to be free but has steadily gotten more expensive due to less government assistance. Most current students need to fund themselves to some extent unless they can somehow live on a maximum Youth allowance/ Austudy rate of less than $220/wk

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
[quote ]
I still find it unbelievable that people can get the dole immediately on leaving school. 
[/quote]
I dont know how they do this, We were told the only way our daughter could get assistance was to file a case against us that she could not stay at home because of it being unsafe IE: abusive /  unfit house hold ..
But we couldnt dodgy that up as Childrens services would step in and we would lose her little sister .
 So we were advised by the staff at  Centerflunk and had to support her till she got a job or turned 24 .We put her through tafe and covered her till she picked up work and in between jobs which was a struggle .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
I'm not too worried that my taxes partially go to paying the bludgers on welfare. Imagine how much more crime there would be if these low lifes had zero $$$ help from the government????? I'm just thankful that I have been lucky enough not to need any of their services...
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
If you do get a letter of debt....there's no point going to a centre to try and deal with it, the staff have no idea about any of it and can't help you at all...not having a go at the staff, just letting you all know it is a completely different section that is dealing with this stuff, hence need to call the number on the paperwork you get. If that don't work then you're out luck, the staff at a centre have no option to help at all.
Don't muck around trying to sort it out either, they have (or are just about to atleast) introduce incurred interest on debts owed now also...something that didn't happen previously I believe.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »
the thing that pisses me off, is they are trying to say that my wife didn't report her income even though she did every fortnight. which they don't give you any way of checking up on. so its their word against ours, and who are they gonna believe.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 07:55:21 PM »
   Remember this, deal with Centrelink, the ATO or any other Government department and you invite them into your life. The ATO cannot be avoided but Centrelink certainly can. Opt out, go independent, seek no "benefits" and you will be better off for having avoided these bludgers.

Sometimes hard workers, genuine battlers & people down on their luck need a hand too, these days it's hard to live off grid while in a rental with a family & moderns services. These are the ones I want Centrelink to help out as I think it's a great service to help these guys back on their feet. Life long bludgers I couldn't give two Shits about. I bet they don't get a bill.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:23 PM »
Quote from: listo
Life long bludgers I couldn't give two Shits about. I bet they don't get a bill.
I got mates back in the shire that have never worked an "Honest" day in their 50+ years... few odd cash days here and there, or selling pot for a living seems to get them further than I have working like a fool.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline me217

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2017, 09:32:27 PM »
I got mates back in the shire that have never worked an "Honest" day in their 50+ years... few odd cash days here and there, or selling pot for a living seems to get them further than I have working like a fool.

that really annoys me, i got people living next to me who has blow ins live with him for a couple weeks at a time, none of them work. you see at least one carton enter the property everyday, and taxi's in and out all day.

i work full time, have done since 14 and my wife has only left work to raise our newest daughter, and we get a massive debt as a thanks for the hard work. yet the drug ****ed pieces of **** that just scam centrelink all their life get away with it. 

i bet anyone who hasn't worked in the last ten years isn't getting a bill.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »

Of course they won't. Centrelink has all their payslips....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline listo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 06:58:34 AM »

This may be the reason for all the bills to be sent out? Someone has to pay for their long service...

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Whilst I haven't received a letter in the recent debacle I did a couple of years back, whilst I don't condone taking it out on staff they were the cause of a lot of my issues, my business is a partnership between myself and my wife but the partnership agreement has all income going to me, this isn't that uncommon.
We had to go in for them to evidence some papers for the family assistance my wife receives and although having all the relevant documentation the incompetent employee decided to attribute half the income to my wife despite me pointing out to her the error at the time, so we now had a debt for thousands >:(.

I don't mean to be rude, but even though this practice may not be uncommon (probably why our country is broke) but it looks to be unethical.

I don't know what your financial set-up is for your business and if its done to reduce tax - fair enough. But If you fudge the figures to make it look like your wife earns nothing so she can get a centrelink payment. Then I don't think you should getting on your high horse as isn't that scamming the system just as bad as the bludgers?

http://www.somuchviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/beer-holder.gif