Author Topic: Isuzu mu-x  (Read 142338 times)

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Isuzu mu-x
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:50 AM »
But your fiquires don't even relate to the conversation KB???
Who cares how many they sell in thialand?

I mean more bmw's are sold in Europe than any other make.

Disclaimer.
Above statement is completely guessed and I have no idea about the truth of it. Like some other statements around here me thinks  ;D ;D
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

KingBilly

« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
But your fiquires don't even relate to the conversation KB???
Who cares how many they sell in thialand?

I mean more bmw's are sold in Europe than any other make.

Disclaimer.
Above statement is completely guessed and I have no idea about the truth of it. Like some other statements around here me thinks  ;D ;D

Did you even read my post Olly?

Anyways, Australia is only a small market.  Have a look at how many Dmaxs are sold in Thailand compared to other makes.  If the MUX gains the same popularity it will be a winner for Isuzu

KB

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2014, 08:00:40 AM »
My local dealers also can't get enough of them...eagerly waiting the next shipment :)

The local Toyota dealer can't give them away......just saying LOL ;)
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:42 AM »
Did you even read my post Olly?
Yep
KB
Have a look at how many Dmaxs are sold in Thailand compared to other makes. If the MUX gains the same popularity it will be a winner for Isuzu  :cup:

KB

KingBilly

« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »
This is getting pretty pedantic oldmate (like most of your replies to anything I post) but if you read my entire reply in context, and not just selectively criticised one sentence in isolation, you would understand that the sales figures I quoted from Thailand were to illustrate what I said in my preceeding sentence that Australia is only a small market for Isuzu.  Anyways, not worth the effort and getting way of topic.  Have a nice day  :D

KB

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2014, 10:09:31 AM »
This is getting pretty pedantic oldmate (like most of your replies to anything I post) but if you read my entire reply in context, and not just selectively criticised one sentence in isolation, you would understand that the sales figures I quoted from Thailand were to illustrate what I said in my preceeding sentence that Australia is only a small market for Isuzu.  Anyways, not worth the effort and getting way of topic.  Have a nice day  :D

KB

My sincerest apologies kb, I clearly miss understood. Have a wonderful Christmas.  :cheers:

Offline MattnLaurie

• Learning the Ropes
  • Aircraft UnBuggerer
« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2014, 10:56:14 PM »
If it means anything,  CEO Isuzu claims 4000 ytd just for the MU-X and nearly 16k for the D-Max in the new Isuzu mag......
3/14 MU-X LST pulling an '03 TrackAbout Safari
Let's all set sail worth Captain Morgan......
Did I mention I'm a cheeky bugger?

Offline Hotdognz

• Swag User
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
Hey Steve, thanks for the follow up post. I forgot we were on the MUX thread.

I still don't understand how it would be either practical or economical for Isuzu to make two different roof shells for the two different models when every other body panel is shared between models.

On another forum there was a similar discussion and I was sure somebody had found the captive bolts on the lower spec models.  They were apparently well hidden but nontheless still there.  Would be good to get confirmation either way.

KB

We had trouble with it too and thought it was a strange thing to do, all Isuzu have done by having no option to mount a roof rack on the MU-X LS-M have created a vehicle that is unpractical for a majority of the market they are selling the vehicle in, the smart buyer needs to get the MU-X LS-T.  I know a lot of Isuzu vehicle dealers have had a lot of very annoyed customers with the MU-X LS-M's once they find there are no options available to them for roof racks from either Isuzu or 3rd party manufactures without having to drill the roof for a permanent mounting option.

As for the D-Max lower spec versions we have been told the captive nuts are there but under a thin steel skin, we haven't be able to confirm that though as we have never had the opportunity to pull the ditch mold out and have a dig around as we have to borrow private vehicles or ones from dealers for roof rack development and most are not comfortable with us ripping a 40K vehicle apart :)

Cheers Stephen

KingBilly

« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2014, 11:23:45 AM »
Info from another forum yesterday is that it appears Isuzu use a common roof for all MUX models but a different top steel skin for the LSM and LSU models.  Not what I would have thought to be practical or cost efficient.  Unfortunately no confirmation if the captive nuts are on the LSM but under the roof's skin.  Maybe somebody wants to remove their hood lining to check  ;D

I know of one manufacturer with a mounting system but it involves riveting the mounts to the roof.  Or you could use a Rhino rail mount but that also involves rivets.

KB

Offline McTavish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »
We looked at the MUX and took one for a drive as I thought the difference in price to a Prado was good value (especially when you see a 2009/10 Prado going for high 40s - In my mind I had low 40's for the MUX and mid 60's for a Prado.   So with 20-25k lower price was pretty compelling to go Isuzu.

When test driving them though this issue of the roof rack was raised and we were told the top of the range was the only one that came with rails and hence ability to put racks on.   Where will the McTavish go otherwise?? 

So - This brought the price up to 50k ish with towbar etc and with Toyota sharpening the pencil on the Prado at 60 for a GXL facelift with most bells and whistles the difference came back to about 8-9k.    Still no small change but throw in some capped price servicing etc?    Less again possibly if comparing the Prado GX??   Obviously if carrying items on the roof is not a worry to you then the lower spec models in the MUX will suit you fine...   But for us the roof rail rack was an issue...

So while I'm at typing away here -:

I'll just stick with some positive comments re the MUX.    Good mid to large proportions gave a good cargo area size and shape.  Parking was pretty easy.   The quality of the layout was good and the fuel economy was outstanding.   Reliability seems to be unquestioned and the 4x4 capabilities would suit most people looking to get away to the bush or beach...   And lastly I think they look pretty good too...   Congrats to those who have bought one and those looking to buy when they get more stock...
Vacation Camper & McTavish surfboard - what more does a guy need??

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2014, 06:47:12 AM »
We looked at the MUX and took one for a drive as I thought the difference in price to a Prado was good value (especially when you see a 2009/10 Prado going for high 40s - In my mind I had low 40's for the MUX and mid 60's for a Prado.   So with 20-25k lower price was pretty compelling to go Isuzu.

When test driving them though this issue of the roof rack was raised and we were told the top of the range was the only one that came with rails and hence ability to put racks on.   Where will the McTavish go otherwise?? 

So - This brought the price up to 50k ish with towbar etc and with Toyota sharpening the pencil on the Prado at 60 for a GXL facelift with most bells and whistles the difference came back to about 8-9k.    Still no small change but throw in some capped price servicing etc?    Less again possibly if comparing the Prado GX??   Obviously if carrying items on the roof is not a worry to you then the lower spec models in the MUX will suit you fine...   But for us the roof rail rack was an issue...

So while I'm at typing away here -:

I'll just stick with some positive comments re the MUX.    Good mid to large proportions gave a good cargo area size and shape.  Parking was pretty easy.   The quality of the layout was good and the fuel economy was outstanding.   Reliability seems to be unquestioned and the 4x4 capabilities would suit most people looking to get away to the bush or beach...   And lastly I think they look pretty good too...   Congrats to those who have bought one and those looking to buy when they get more stock...

Id be seriously looking into the whole roof rack thing more. I was told but it wasn't confirmed that they DO NOT make two different bodies for the MUX's. It just doesn't make sense to do that when they don't need to. Yes the LST comes with the rails but id put my right arm the lesser models have provisions in there somewhere thats not too hard to find. The dealers should know this, but they are muppets most of the time.

As for your other comparisons.......the fuel you will save will buy you a second mux over the life of the vehicle and the isuzu is a 'real' 4wd ;) None of this full time 4wd, centre diff rubbish...the isuzu is the old fashion transfer case style like all real 4d's should have ;D Ok Flame suit on now..............
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #211 on: December 26, 2014, 05:15:44 AM »
Id be seriously looking into the whole roof rack thing more. I was told but it wasn't confirmed that they DO NOT make two different bodies for the MUX's. It just doesn't make sense to do that when they don't need to. Yes the LST comes with the rails but id put my right arm the lesser models have provisions in there somewhere thats not too hard to find. The dealers should know this, but they are muppets most of the time.

As for your other comparisons.......the fuel you will save will buy you a second mux over the life of the vehicle and the isuzu is a 'real' 4wd ;) None of this full time 4wd, centre diff rubbish...the isuzu is the old fashion transfer case style like all real 4d's should have ;D Ok Flame suit on now..............

Waiting for a bite ????
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #212 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:35 AM »

Waiting for a bite ????

Its been 2 days and nothing? LOL

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
Its been 2 days and nothing? LOL

...except 1 nibble... ;D ;D
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

scarpsD40

« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »
Think most are away camping without Internet

UIZ733

« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »

Waiting for a bite ????
Put it in the fishing section. Might be your best bet at the moment. ;D

scarpsD40

« Reply #216 on: December 26, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »

Put it in the fishing section. Might be your best bet at the moment. ;D

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #217 on: December 26, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »
Ill change the bait.....this will open a can of worms  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMBr2XqHx4

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

scarpsD40

« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMBr2XqHx4
geez, even my old Jeep could've made it up that climb. May just not have got home on the tar section.......

Offline grumpy1

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
Is this the "How to start an argument ..." thread???

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2014, 04:57:49 PM »

Can't blame the vehicle for that one, moron driver would have broken any diff driving like that. L1 or L2 would have eased it up rather than what looked like H4.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Kiwijohn

• Tent User
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
Hello

Just went through the process of buying a new 4x4 (Pajero written off by hail).

After doing research I thought I would be buying a Mu-x.

After viewing a few different brands it was down to Mu-x and Colorado 7. When we test drove there was a big difference between two - Mu-x heavy stealing and unresponsive, Colorado 7 better in both repects.

Due to the roof rack issue we were comparing the top of the range Mu-x with either model Colorado 7.

It of course came down to price and gave both dealers a chance to negotiate, top of the range Mu-x was $5k more expensive (same added accessories) than the top of the range Colorado 7.

After Holden matched the 5 year manufactories warranty and the dealer added another 2 it was an easy decision.

Top of the range Colorado 7 is in the garage, recommend test driving one if you like the Mu-x.

John

PS - bottom of the range Colorado 7 was another $6k cheaper, giving a difference of $11k for one if roof racks were important but leather etc wasn't
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:30:10 PM by Kiwijohn »

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #222 on: December 26, 2014, 08:15:06 PM »
Hello

Just went through the process of buying a new 4x4 (Pajero written off by hail).

After doing research I thought I would be buying a Mu-x.

After viewing a few different brands it was down to Mu-x and Colorado 7. When we test drove there was a big difference between two - Mu-x heavy stealing and unresponsive, Colorado 7 better in both repects.

Due to the roof rack issue we were comparing the top of the range Mu-x with either model Colorado 7.

It of course came down to price and gave both dealers a chance to negotiate, top of the range Mu-x was $5k more expensive (same added accessories) than the top of the range Colorado 7.

After Holden matched the 5 year manufactories warranty and the dealer added another 2 it was an easy decision.

Top of the range Colorado 7 is in the garage, recommend test driving one if you like the Mu-x.

John

PS - bottom of the range Colorado 7 was another $6k cheaper, giving a difference of $11k for one if roof racks were important but leather etc wasn't

Congrats on your purchase John Im sure you'll love it. Everyone has different reasons to buy a vehicle to suit their needs.

For me, id go with the Isuzu tried and proven truck 3ltr TD over the duramax 2.8 regardless of the price, but thats just my opinion. Colorados were a great vehicle with the Isuzu engine ;)

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #223 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »
Congrats on your purchase John Im sure you'll love it. Everyone has different reasons to buy a vehicle to suit their needs.

For me, id go with the Isuzu tried and proven truck 3ltr TD over the duramax 2.8 regardless of the price, but thats just my opinion. Colorados were a great vehicle with the Isuzu engine ;)
Danny,John needs keep an eye out on his floor for oil, seems the Fiat motor loves to leak.
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

KingBilly

« Reply #224 on: December 26, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
Congrats on the Colorado purchase.  Nothing like the smell of a new car  :D

For your info, and others reading this thread, Isuzu released factory roof bars for the MU-X LSM/U just this week.  No longer an issue when deciding.

KB