Author Topic: Isuzu mu-x  (Read 141713 times)

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Isuzu mu-x
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 07:44:05 AM »
I tried to find where I may buy that winch bar - THAT is exactly what I would prefer.  I couldn't make head nor tail of the Thai Isuzu MU-X website though.   I am seeking some further advice before I go on with the Ironman install.  If the Dmax bar and MU-X are not 100% compatible I expect they should tell me so. (Or am I being naïve?)  A major supplier like Ironman should not be bullsh!tting their customer base and I would rather wait for the proper fit for my 4B as I will only get one crack at it.  If anyone has an opinion please make yourself heard.

Maybe the ironman one is but arb told me specifically they had tried and theirs was slightly different. Both ironman and arb have factories in thailand so they should both have some stuff soon although ironman seem to have a lot of stuff already in thailand for the mux, but their design might be different to arb and can be used on both?

Maybe if you dont want a bar you could get a slimline winch like a warn zeon and get someone to fit it up/fabricate what you need. Or a prefab front panel like this

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:47:36 AM by Dogsbreakfast »
http://www.somuchviral.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/beer-holder.gif

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
WAIT for the right bar to come out.

It takes a while for the aftermarket companies to get their act together, especially for new vehicles.
Unless you need a bar urgently wait a few months and keep researching.
The price won't change, but the number of options will.

When the new BT-50 came out everyone said they were 2 (ugly) factory options, and the aftermarket took 12+ months to get something out.

It's more about the number of new vehicles that are constantly comming out from the manufacturers
Takes time to measure, design the analyse, prototype and get approval, then manufacture.

Importantly if you need a winch, then you have to get a winch compatible bar.
I read somewhere we're not allowed to modify a bullbar anyore to take a winch.

Also think about recovery points, does the MU-X have suitable factory recovery points, or will you also need that on your bullbar / bumper?

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
I tried to find where I may buy that winch bar - THAT is exactly what I would prefer.  I couldn't make head nor tail of the Thai Isuzu MU-X website though.

Hey mate use this:
http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator

Just copy and paste the website address into it and it will translate the whole page for you :)

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 11:20:33 AM »
They need to come up with something a little more attractive than this

I actually don't mind the nudge bar

They have a Black MUX out at ipswich that has that Bull Bar but it in chrome looks much better, your right hope the aftermarket bring out something better.

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 02:39:21 PM »
Kaymar just got back to me and informed that the bars are in development for release second half of the year. Kaymar rear bar and long range tank =  :cheers:

Offline lochgilphead

• Tent User
  • Disgruntled by work; Gruntled by camping
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
Well, I am taking advice and waiting for the correct bar to be made for the MU-X.  Now my only problem is stashing the $ away and not spending them on something else for the tug.  ;D ;D

Having the snorkel fitted Thursday and just today found out that Piranha do an under bonnet 50A/H dual battery set up.  So now to decide if I want to go that way or sort out a bigger battery in a custom box as an addition inside the cabin.  Seeing Boronia autoelecs soon so will seek some advice from them too.  Thanks swaggers I appreciate your assistance greatly.  This forum is definitely  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:
Mac and Jen - Isuzu MUX with some small mods towing a Rhinomax Discovery. This is our rig until we stop travelling!!

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
Well, I am taking advice and waiting for the correct bar to be made for the MU-X.  Now my only problem is stashing the $ away and not spending them on something else for the tug.  ;D ;D

Having the snorkel fitted Thursday and just today found out that Piranha do an under bonnet 50A/H dual battery set up.  So now to decide if I want to go that way or sort out a bigger battery in a custom box as an addition inside the cabin.  Seeing Boronia autoelecs soon so will seek some advice from them too.  Thanks swaggers I appreciate your assistance greatly.  This forum is definitely  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

If they gave you a rough time for it to be on the market you could put the $$ in a term deposit short term so you don't touch it earn a little interest  ;D just an option.

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2014, 08:07:51 PM »
TJM just released.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:17:16 PM by Dogsbreakfast »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
Is it an optical illusion or is that bar way wider than the bumper profile?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
Is it an optical illusion or is that bar way wider than the bumper profile?

Havent seen one in person yet. This angle is better.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:16:01 PM by Dogsbreakfast »

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »
OK that 2nd pic looks better

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »
Havent seen one in person yet. This angle is better.

Not bad although a very predictable style. Personally I think they have missed the opportunity to give the bar an angry look ;) I know it would limit their market so probably best to leave that to xrox.

I have been looking at all the new 4wd's on the market with the possibility of upgrading and if I had 80-100k to spend I'd probably go in a different direction to my usual way of thinking but these things at 49k drive away for the top of range are unbeatable value if you are a new buyer.

I know in a lot of people's minds they are not close to the big two players but I think if even the most biased person took the time to have a really good look at these they would struggle to fault them.
Sure they are no Mercedes when it comes to in car noise or smoothness so if that means a lot to you then the robust Diesel engine and driveline is not for you so stick to your lattes, but if you want value and a 4wd that will truly last the test of time then Isuzu are going to be a contender IMHO ;)   
Go check them out kids, and while your at it research the Isuzu 3ltr Diesel engine and be blown away by its history and longevity ;D
I should be working for Isuzu!
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline BBwilly

• Tent User
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
I should be working for Isuzu!

You should.

Hey peoples should we get the the Isuzu tow kit if and when we buy the 4WD or is there something else worth looking at?

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »

I walked away from the Phirana one for the dmax when i saw the amount of stuff that had to be moved like fuel lines and the like you could kiss any warranty claims goodby
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2014, 06:52:14 AM »
More finking good stuff.....

KingBilly

« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2014, 07:19:20 AM »
That's got front recovery points which I need for my Dmax.  Who did the build?  What web address did you get the photos from?  Thanks

KB

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »
Judging by the width of the rear points, they look more like tow points than recovery points, hence the sticker :)

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2014, 07:32:23 AM »
Judging by the width of the rear points, they look more like tow points than recovery points, hence the sticker :)

Yes, tow points are not necessarily recovery points.
Can't see the fronts too well, but the rears look more like show points.
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
Love the professional looking latches to keep the tailgate closed! They must twist around a bit on the whoops ;)

Ill be following it to see how it stood up to the punishment Finke will dish out. It doesn't look too modified so it will be a good judge of its strength.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:32:37 AM by DannyG »
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Dogsbreakfast

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »
Love the professional looking latches to keep the tailgate closed! They must twist around a bit on the whoops ;)

Ill be following it to see how it stood up to the punishment Finke will dish out. It doesn't look too modified so it will be a good judge of its strength.

Yep, dont want the spare wheels flying out over the woops sections

His MU-X is entered in Class Seven for Production 4WD vehicles, which means it remains close to stock-standard as opposed to the high-speed, modified, high-performance Class Eight (Extreme 4WD) competition that Garland has dominated in the past........
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:32:37 PM by Dogsbreakfast »

Offline Ironman 4x4

• Swag User
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
I am seeking some further advice before I go on with the Ironman install.  If the Dmax bar and MU-X are not 100% compatible I expect they should tell me so. (Or am I being naïve?)  A major supplier like Ironman should not be bullsh!tting their customer base and I would rather wait for the proper fit for my 4B as I will only get one crack at it.

Hey Mate,

Sorry for being delayed in jumping in on this thread! I've been busy over the last week and didn't get a chance to go through the forums as thoroughly as I usually do!

I can confirm that our Dmax bar is 100% compatible on the MU-X and looks fantastic.

We've been fitting them on vehicle over in Thailand for a while now, and are in the process of updating the fitting instructions to reflect the fact they also are compatible with the MU-X.

I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find some pics of the an MU-X fitted up with one of our bars.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

Offline Ironman 4x4

• Swag User
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »

Here we go. Here are the pics :D.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:16:05 PM by Ironman 4x4 »

rsser

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
Hey Ironman, are you working on a supension kit for the MUX?

Offline Ironman 4x4

• Swag User
    • Ironman 4x4
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »
Hey Ironman, are you working on a supension kit for the MUX?

We've already got one out there on sale now!

Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - STD Height with Gas Shocks - HOLD020SKG - $880
Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - STD Height with Foam Cell Shocks - HOLD020SKF - $1012
Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Gas Shocks - HOLD020BKG - $880
Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - Performance with Foam Cell Shocks - HOLD020BKF - $1012
Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - Constant Load with Gas Shocks - HOLD020CKG - $880
Isuzu MU-X 2013+ Suspension Kit - Constant Load with Foam Cell Shocks - HOLD020CKF - $1012

Performance and constant load give a 40mm lift. Fitting is extra.

rsser

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
The Mucks has made the shortlist as a Forester replacement.  I like the pre-stained Outback Bronze version  ;D . Have read this thread with interest.  Keen to hear more from owners about performance, reliability and mods.