Author Topic: Feel Free to Donate to Keep Myswag Online and Ad Free!  (Read 56080 times)

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Feel Free to Donate to Keep Myswag Online and Ad Free!
« on: April 05, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »
Hi Swaggers  ;D

Just a reminder that, contrary to popular belief, Myswag is privately owned (and privately funded when the "kitty" needs a top up) by Brett. Businesses don't pay to advertise in the Showroom Section and people who advertise in the Classifieds Section are not charged to do so etc. In recent years we have had a couple of Premium Sponsors come on board which has been a MASSIVE help financially however server fees, accountancy fees, tax, restocking of Member Stickers and Coolers etc all adds up.  If you enjoy your time here and are keen for Myswag to have a long life, you are more than welcome to make a donation to the Server Fund through the Myswag.org Online Store (see the picture below). All donations, great and small, will be more than appreciated and will be directly responsible for helping to keep Myswag online.  Just think, if every member donated just $1 each, it would be enough to pay the Server Fees for 11 years

Of course, you could also purchase some Myswag.org Merchandise from our great range :cheers:.

Jillsy, perhaps setup an optional recurring donation? $1,$2 or $5 per month.

Not sure if that's possible or something you are interested in doing, just a thought.

Folks if this is something you'd like to do (it's not something you're expected to do but would be more than appreciated all the same), please send me a PM and I will reply with Myswag's Bank Account details.  That way you can set up a direct debit via your internet banking. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:30:02 PM by Jillsy »
The following users thanked this post: db

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Feel Free to Donate
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:18:11 PM »
Folks,
We just received a $100 Server Donation from a Myswag Member!!!  It is very gratefully received  :cup:. I would also like to acknowledge that this particular Member has already donated $2255 towards Myswag through Server Donations and Merchandise purchases over the years.  Basically he and his family have single handedly covered the cost of the Server Fees for a whole year!  I'm not going to name him however I wish to acknowledge his generosity. You know who you are and from the bottom of my heart I thank you X

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »
This post has had 91 views  :cup: :cup: :cup:

But only one member has donated  ??? ??? ???

Just think, if every member donated just $1 each, it would be enough to pay the Server Fees for 11 years

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:30:17 AM »
Folks,
We just received a $100 Server Donation from a Myswag Member!!!  It is very gratefully received  :cup:. I would also like to acknowledge that this particular Member has already donated $2255 towards Myswag through Server Donations and Merchandise purchases over the years.  Basically he and his family have single handedly covered the cost of the Server Fees for a whole year!  I'm not going to name him however I wish to acknowledge his generosity. You know who you are and from the bottom of my heart I thank you X

That's incredibly generous of the member who did that, I'd recon everyone on here owes him a beer. perhaps a stubby collection could be organized at the national meet and a secret myswag delivery organised.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 07:56:03 AM »
What about every member who does donate, donates $10.......then only a tenth of the members need to donate.
Anything less is not worth the trouble of doing the actual money transfer.........and any more is always welcome .. :cup:
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 08:04:21 AM »
Jillsy, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before, but how about charging people a small amount (even $1!) to sign-up to cover "admin fees" (always a handy standby :D)

Just had a look at the member list, & so far for 2019, there are 303 new members, + ~1300 for last year.

Surely a few $ from each of them would go a long way to covering costs?

PS Also putting a donation through now! :D
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 08:32:05 AM »
Jillsy, I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before, but how about charging people a small amount (even $1!) to sign-up to cover "admin fees" (always a handy standby :D)

Just had a look at the member list, & so far for 2019, there are 303 new members, + ~1300 for last year.

Surely a few $ from each of them would go a long way to covering costs?

PS Also putting a donation through now! :D

Your donation has been gratefully received  ;D

Mate yeah it has been discussed before.  People will rarely pay $$$ for something they haven't got to experience yet so having to pay up front is a huge deterrent for them.  We therefore work on the principal that if people enjoy their time here, they will hopefully be inclined to purchase some Merchandise or make a Server Fund donation or similar.  I think our biggest barrier is that people don't consider how a "Forum" is created and that the funds have to come from "somewhere".  Just the other day I received an email from a Member stating "I am a ***insert occupation here*** who loves fishing and camping I share info and get some in return, if I have to pay for being on this site, I would leave the site" .  Just $1 from every member would keep us out of trouble.  That's it...just $1.    :cheers:

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
Donated

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »
What about every member who does donate, donates $10.......then only a tenth of the members need to donate.
Anything less is not worth the trouble of doing the actual money transfer.........and any more is always welcome .. :cup:

Thanks for your donation Mate - it is so very very appreciated  :cheers:.

Why should only a tenth donate?  That's like 10 people going out to the pub together but only 1 person shouting the drinks.  Just a $1 a Member would be a huge help.  Or purchase a Member Sticker to wack on your Tug  ;D 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:42:54 AM by Jillsy »

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
Donated

Mark

Thanks Mark for your wonderful donation - this post was not aimed at you though as you are another of our "high rollers".  Your support of the Forum has been unwaivering and we thank you for it from the bottom of our hearts.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »
Thanks Mark for your wonderful donation - this post was not aimed at you though as you are another of our "high rollers".  Your support of the Forum has been unwaivering and we thank you for it from the bottom of our hearts.

Always happy to help out when I can.

Come on to all other members. What is $5. I spill that much worth drinking beer on a good night ;D

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 08:58:23 AM »
Mate yeah it has been discussed before.  People will rarely pay $$$ for something they haven't got to experience yet so having to pay up front is a huge deterrent for them.  We therefore work on the principal that if people enjoy their time here, they will hopefully be inclined to purchase some Merchandise or make a Server Fund donation or similar.  I think our biggest barrier is that people don't consider how a "Forum" is created and that the funds have to come from "somewhere".  Just the other day I received an email from a Member stating "I am a ***insert occupation here*** who loves fishing and camping I share info and get some in return, if I have to pay for being on this site, I would leave the site" .  Just $1 from every member would keep us out of trouble.  That's it...just $1.    :cheers:

Thanks - understood :D

Sorry, it's been a while so I don't remember :-[ - do new members get a "Welcome to MySwag" message ???

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »
Thanks - understood :D

Sorry, it's been a while so I don't remember :-[ - do new members get a "Welcome to MySwag" message ???

Yeah they get an automated email from the Forum with the standard of behaviour etc....

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
Done Jillsy.
Travel safe to the National Meet.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »
Done Jillsy.
Travel safe to the National Meet.

Thanks Hairs for your amazing donation  :cup: although this post was not aimed at you either. You are another of our "high rollers".  The knowledge you have imparted to others and the way you have welcomed countless "newbies" over the years hasn't gone unnoticed  :cheers:

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
Jillsy,
Unfortunately we are unable to attend the National Meet, I've been pondering what to donate for the raffles/auction, your post was timed perfectly, more than happy to help.
Cheers.

Offline JD-120

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 09:43:43 AM »

Not sure if that's possible or something you are interested in doing, just a thought.

I think a lot of people are happy to donate, it's just remembering to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »
Thank you for your awesome donation Mate  :cup:

I think a lot of people are happy to donate, it's just remembering to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Folks if this is something you'd like to do (it's not something you're expected to do but would more than appreciated all the same), please send me a PM and I will reply with Myswag's Bank Account details.  That way you can set up a direct debit via your internet banking. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:52:29 AM by Jillsy »

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 11:43:47 AM »
I'll make a donation to you at the National Meet.

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
Feel Free to Donate
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
I'll make a donation to you at the National Meet.

John you contribute more than enough to the Forum! Organising 2 National Meets and the Red Centre Trip and a Flinders Ranges trip just to name a few things! No need for you to donate  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:49:47 PM by Jillsy »

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
15 Members have donated so far!!! Thank you so very much for your support Swaggers - it is absolutely sensational!

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 03:41:32 PM »
Yeah they get an automated email from the Forum with the standard of behaviour etc....

Does that have any blurb included in it ???

Possibly something like:

"Please check out the merchandise on sale in our shop

MySwag was set up as a private operation in whenever by Brett, & is still funded privately by him, assisted by member donations. Any contributions that you may be able to make to assist with the running would be greatly appreciated"

or long those lines ???

Offline Jillsy

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »
Does that have any blurb included in it ???

Possibly something like:

"Please check out the merchandise on sale in our shop

MySwag was set up as a private operation in whenever by Brett, & is still funded privately by him, assisted by member donations. Any contributions that you may be able to make to assist with the running would be greatly appreciated"

or long those lines ???

Great suggestion! I’ll look into it :cheers:

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »
Ok after looking 4 times at the online store I still can’t see where I can donate...... help!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 04:43:45 PM »
Ok after looking 4 times at the online store I still can’t see where I can donate...... help!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Try here mate.
http://www.myswag.org.au/store/index.php?product/page/14033/Server+Support+Donation

Cheers.