Author Topic: 2014 DMax coming in December  (Read 3368 times)

KingBilly

2014 DMax coming in December
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »
Some interesting quotes from Isuzu in the latest carsales article about the 2014 Dmax:

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2013/commercial/isuzu/d-max/isuzus-d-max-the-latest-one-tonne-ute-to-join-the-35-tonne-towing-club-39809?R=39809&Cr=18&surl=aHR0cDovL2VkaXRvcmlhbHN5c3RlbS5jYXJzYWxlcy5jb20uYXUvRGVza3RvcERlZmF1bHQuYXNweD9Ocz1wX0RhdGVBdmFpbGFibGVfRGF0ZVRpbWUlN0MxJk49Mjk4MSs0Mjk0OTY3MjgyKzQyOTQ5NjcyNzkmVGFiSUQ9MTQwODYxMCZRcGI9MSZzaWQ9MTQyMzczRUZFMkZCJm51bT0yMCZObmU9MjA.

“We don’t design engines with big figures just to make a bit of noise. We just build good, honest, tough product,” he said.

Isuzu says the four-cylinder ‘Hi Power’ 4JJ1-TC engine, which also powers the Japanese manufacturer’s N-Series trucks and new MU-X, boasts a B10 rating of 500,000km, which means 90 per cent of engines are expected to reach 500,000km before requiring a rebuild.

Isuzu also said it has no immediate plans to replace the D-MAX’s heavy-duty five-speed manual or auto transmissions, despite some competitors like the Volkswagen Amarok offering eight-speed transmissions.

“I don’t know some of our competitors would put so much on the line with the figures they’re putting out, particularly when (in some cases) they’re mated to transmissions that actually weren’t designed for a commercial vehicle application -- they were designed for a family sedan,” Harding said.

KB

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: 2014 DMax coming in December
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
Doesnt the ZD30 power trucks overseas too? Look how that turned out...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

KingBilly

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
Doesnt the ZD30 power trucks overseas too? Look how that turned out...

Huh?  What has a Nissan motor got to do with the DMax?  Pretty long bow to draw.

KB

Offline CampAround

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • The count down is on...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
Sums up why I was happy to buy a hilux three years despite the modest figures compared to some of the other models at the time.

Utes coming out with same size or smaller engines and with tow capacities and output figures well beyond the hilux had me questioning the longevity of the competition's products. It will be interesting to see what Toyota do with the next model hilux.

The Dmax's are gaining popularity and with good reason. I've owned 4 isuzus and while they were not without problems they were all quiet reliable.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »

Huh?  What has a Nissan motor got to do with the DMax?  Pretty long bow to draw.

KB

I think lost was referring to this;

Isuzu says the four-cylinder ‘Hi Power’ 4JJ1-TC engine, which also powers the Japanese manufacturer’s N-Series trucks

The point is just because it is fitted to one vehicle does not mean it suits others. The 3l patrol donk is the perfect example as it is used all over Europe with very good reliability. Bring it here and not so. Same with D4D and injectors. Not such a prob in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 10:08:51 AM »
These changes to the LS-T are what I have been waiting for! The brown leather isn't my bag IMHO.

Now to just wait for them to arrive and change the tub for a tray!

I've herd hilux are changing their engine but not sure when.

Strvy

Sent from my iPhone using the Tappy thing
Cheers

Strvy

KingBilly

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
I think lost was referring to this;

Isuzu says the four-cylinder ‘Hi Power’ 4JJ1-TC engine, which also powers the Japanese manufacturer’s N-Series trucks

The point is just because it is fitted to one vehicle does not mean it suits others. The 3l patrol donk is the perfect example as it is used all over Europe with very good reliability. Bring it here and not so. Same with D4D and injectors. Not such a prob in Europe.

I knew what Lost was getting at.  Gee, he is the biggest stirrer on here.  But it is still a veeerrryyyy long bow to draw.   The N series trucks have had no problems with this motor.

KB