Author Topic: A Big Thankyou to ARB Nundah  (Read 6431 times)

Offline gacoxd

• Tent User
  • You wring your hands, I'll roll up my sleeves ...
A Big Thankyou to ARB Nundah
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:27 AM »
As some of you may know, we have a Navara STX-550 named "Dave"

I've had it lifted (Old Man Emu) and added side steps and under body protection (ARB also) but got this done through an ARB reseller/agent (UV4x4).

"Dave" has had some trials and tribulations (including a bingle) but he has had an even darker secret.  He has had a rattle "somewhere" on the left hand side for the past 18 Months. It sounds like it's the back door or the back leaves/shackles or front hub.  Somewhere on the left.

Not just any old rattle but a "New Car" rattle.  What I mean by that is, if I couldn't get the rattle sorted out I was now at the point that I was contemplating buying a new car;  and not another Nissan.

I have been backwards and forwards to Nissan.  They absolutely hate the aftermarket stuff (including the MT ATZ's) and have consistently blamed the noise on the suspension, the body protection, the tyres (can't see how) and as recently as this Wednesday, the tailgate.

I have been back to UV4x4 (twice) who found a crushed D-Bush on the sway bar and Nissan replaced this (begrudgingly), and been to Fulcrum to get aftermarket offset bushes fitted but still the rattle persisted.

A week ago I finally lost it and at that very moment was passing ARB Nundah.  I dived in, spoke to Matt, told him my sad story and my suspicion that there was something wrong with my suspension and that I was losing my mind.

He calmed me down and booked me in for 8:00am yesterday.

I fronted yesterday morning and met Pete (Sterlo?) who took me for a drive around the surrounding streets and along their "proving track".  The rattle was there, loud and proud and he set to work, along with Allan, finding where the rattle was.

After an hour or so I had to go to work and left Dave in their hands with the instructions "whatever it takes".

Over the next 4 hours the boys from ARB proceeded to start pulling the bits off (including the suspension) and testing the car.

I received a call from Allan around midday to tell me that they had isolated the noise to a sway bar link pin component (yes a Nissan thing). 

I was ecstatic.

Allan asked me what I wanted to do and if I wanted, they could put it all back together and I could take it back to Nissan. 

F..! Forget that!

Instead, I asked them to see if they could source the part from Nissan and replace it.  He called later and said they had the part and I could pick it up at 4:00pm.

On the way to pick it up I grabbed a carton of Crownies in appreciation and arrived and dropped it on the counter.

Allan handed me the the invoice and I've pulled out my wallet thinking anything under $700-800 was going to be a bonus.

$180.  That's right. ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS. Including the part! I was equal parts stunned but also relieved I'd brought the carton along.  They had spent the best part of the day trying to solve someone else’s problem for $180. Legends

To the blokes that I dealt with at ARB Nundah (Matt, Pete & Allan) I salute you and want you to know how completely indebted I feel to you for helping out with this problem.

For the folks here on MySwag, we often see stories here about poor or dodgy service and I wanted to let you know about the excellent service I received at ARB Nundah in the hope that knowing about their attention to detail and customer service will generate it's own reward for them down the track.

So that was my Thursday.

Damo
2011 Navara STX-550
2011 Trackabout Deluxe Tourer

scarps

A Big Thankyou to ARB Nundah
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
Great to hear some good news for ARB.  I feel that it's been a few individuals over recent years have been responsible for the bulk of the poor ARB feedback, but cetainly they've been good in recent times to acknowledge and retrain and change their internal service culture.  Well done ARB Nundah.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: A Big Thankyou to ARB Nundah
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
Good shop that one, very helpful
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
Yep good outcome sometimes you hate the car dealers

Dmax leaked from day 1 back 3 times could not find the leak. Yours truly goes out in the dark with a torch and shines through the engine bay yep you guessed it there it is grommet for the wiring harness not in place and here was the dealer asking if it was something ARB did
Yes Mr Isuzu you really do have to remove the main wiring harness to fit new suspension ???

I have had nothing but great service from ARB here in Osbourne park when they fitted my roller drawer they had no fridge tie downs in stock so as a gesture the snorkel got fitted with no labour charge 300 odd saving cuase they did not have a 30 dollar part in stock cant beat that
I Drink & I Know Things

nbd73

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
I can second this praise. I recently noticed rust all over my 11 month old ARB roof rack, went to the local store who said they could not assess it, and to take it to Allan at the Nundah store, which for Brisbane residents will know that is a fair hike from Redlan Bay. Anyways, Allan had a look at it, said he had a fix, bring it in when his techs aren't busy. Had it removed, fixed the next day, went back a few days later and had it refitted. No charge, as you would expect, but the quality of the fixes (+ replaced adaptor rails with brand new ones) was top notch and looks factory in its appearance. I would in future drive the distance to deal with these guys.  :cup:

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Chester, a good word for Ozzy Park?
That is new.
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »

It really boils down to the staff. Great staff  equals great repeat business.

Great to hear a good story.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline lino6

• Hard Top Camper User
  • How repugnant
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »
 :cup:

I know it is mostly bad service we report on (I am just as bad as anyone) but it is great to hear stories like this. Well don to you and to these guys for restoring my faith in humanity and customer service.  ;D
SWMBO reminds me of a Prodigy song....
Driving - Mighty 89 2.8td Rodeo
Towing - Aussie Jays Big Red (with her DMax http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=33442.0)

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
Chester, a good word for Ozzy Park?
That is new.

Yeah had no problems at all it seems to depend on who is there pm if you want more details
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Clouty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 02:06:13 PM »
Thumbs up ARB nundah.. I've always had good dealings with them..  :cup:
 :cheers:

Offline ARB 4X4 Accessories

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »
Great to hear, Damo.

Thanks for taking the time to post about it too  :cheers:.

Cheers, Sam.
ARB 4X4 Accessories Head Office

Offline Blueroo

• Tent User
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
Ive had great experiences with ARB Nundah. They certainly back up their products and provide outstanding service.
A big thanks to Matt for helping me with my bull bar earlier on in the year  :cup: :cup:
cheers
Stue

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »
You are right we often don't get to hear the good customer service stories so thanks for sharing and hopefully it gets some others up your way aware if they need them.  Glad you got it sorted.

Offline timneva

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Prado GXL and Cub CT
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
Agree - its great to hear some positives about a fantastic Aussie company. Personally, I see the ARB gear as the pinnacle from which all others need to aspire to for a lot of off road gear. That being said I have a fair amount of TJM gear too (another great Aussie company), which I think have come an awful long way in recent years.

Either way, I reckon any Aussie company (and there's been a few recently) who are willing to jump onto forums such as this and support their customers through the good and the bad have got to be commended. It mustn't be easy trying to keep things in Oz and I reckon we need to support companies like ARB and TJM as best we can, so well done to the guys at ARB Nundah! It sure is nice to hear!