Author Topic: 2012 Colorado's  (Read 1946 times)

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
2012 Colorado's
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
Well I took the new Colorado for a test drive this morning..all but a loop around the block.
Actually thought it drove well, nice pick up which I have found lacking on the old models, the suspension felt a bit bouncy but it was unladen and I am used to a firm ride. Steering was good, a little bit noisy but it is a Ute.
Styling wise I think it is a bit ugly although they can always do a Mazda trick and advertise them with the bull bar on.
Couldn't give me a price but they are hoping that they will be similar to current model (can't see it but you never know).
It was the LTz model (I think), 6 speed auto and had all the basic sedan mod cons (blue tooth, steering wheel controls, extra airbags etc. Had digital speedo readout when using the cruise control which I haven't seen on any other Ute  (one of my favourite features on the Audi) and had rear arm rests (kids favourite feature).
So all up I give it a thumbs up for the 10min I had in it but all depends on the pricing.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/53563/2012-holden-colorado-revealed-and-detailed-ahead-of-mid-year-launch
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: 2012 Colorado's
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
Is this the first model out without the isuzu motor?? We looked at them in 2010 when we were getting a new dual cab but ended up getting a DMAX which we are super happy with.  Went with the isuzu partly because holden would be changing motors at that stage it was in a couple of years and here we are.  We went with the LS-M as we wanted the vinyl floor and were not fussed on some of the other things.  It always depends on what you need from your vehicle ours does the job towing CT or horse float and getting to work and back and good on fuel.

Cheers

Offline cancan

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • "So long and thanks for all the fish"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
I believe its a new motor...2.8lt.
I think it is a rebadged chev and comes out of Thailand ...or should that be uteland .
The new dmax can't be far away...will be interesting to see how that goes.

Edit...fixed predictive text
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:17:09 PM by cancan »
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Modcon Ecomate Traveller

Offline Nay-DMAX

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
Yes will be keeping an eye out to see if Isuzu make many changes though we hope to have this one for a few years yet.  I have not researched the new colorado I'd heard it was going to be something out of South America but not sure will have to read more. 

Offline Big Nath

• "hows ya bum for grubs"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:59 PM »
Gday, i had a Colorado  twincab ute as a work ute for a while, it was great on trips where we had to take a female work colleague with us, we made her sit in the back, and we enjoyed the "bounce"  ;D ;D

Cheers!!
NAKED 2012 Pathfinder ST in Auto, Scan Guage, Polyair Airbags, 80CH Uniden UHF, Leisure Matters Camper!

Offline bussoboy

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Wanting to travel before all the roads are sealed
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
I'll go have a look at the new Colorado, but I'm very happy with my LTR and will keep it for a fair few years yet
2011 GXL 200 Series & 2017 Kokoda Endure 111