Author Topic: 2011 Jayco Eagle.. a few issues!!  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Slydog

• Swag User
2011 Jayco Eagle.. a few issues!!
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
Found a few issues.. while cleaning my camper I bumped the light switch outside and it came on. funny thing was that the battery switch inside was off. checked all other 12v stuff and the stereo also came on. I pulled all of the fuses out of the setec unit and they were still on.  ???
pulled all the wires out of the back of the setec unit..you guessed it still on. I ended up getting the trusty multimeter out and went through all of the wiring and finally found the problem. the yellow memory wire for the stereo(connected directly to battery) was spliced with the power wire to the stereo at the stereo? the power wire then went to the setec unit and the lights were also spliced in with it. so constant power was running back to the setec unit.
Now I'm no sparky but it makes you wonder who is doing the electrical work to these campers.

another thing I found was the vent on the inside of the camper was rubbing hard on the fridge pipe beneath it already making a groove in it. it would have only been a matter of time before it rubbed through. I pulled the vent off and found that it had already been cut. So they knew of this issue and still didn't get it right. I ended up grinding more out to get the clearance. Something worth checking if you have the standard Dometic fridge.

Slydog
Even a bargain costs money!!!!!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: 2011 Jayco Eagle.. a few issues!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »
Now I'm no sparky but it makes you wonder who is doing the electrical work to these campers.

No wondering required, the people doing the electrical work on these campers are minimum wage labour and this is a major problem within the industry. I'd be following it up with the sparky who signed off the wiring. There should be an electrical cert with every camper.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
No wondering required, the people doing the electrical work on these campers are minimum wage labour and this is a major problem within the industry. I'd be following it up with the sparky who signed off the wiring. There should be an electrical cert with every camper.

Maybe be true, but these guys are meant to quailfied electricans/plumber/gas fitters so should be done right.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »
Maybe be true, but these guys are meant to quailfied electricans/plumber/gas fitters so should be done right.

You would think so, they may use a qualified sparky for the design but once it is built how would he know it is wired correctly? I doubt they have a test jig.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado