Author Topic: 2011 Swan  (Read 6521 times)

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
2011 Swan
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »
Hi All,

had our Swan for a couple of months now and thought it about time to show it off.
Only been out once in her and rained like buggery for the weekend. Good chance of seasoning the canvas.

Anyway this is what we have:

• 2011 Jayco Swan
    Bagged bed flys
    Bagged Awning
    12v water pump
    Roof Racks
    100 amp Battery
    Innerspring Queen Mattress
    Gas Bayonet
    Shelves in robe
    TV/DVD Combo
    Active one antenna.
    Colours are Bamboo floor and Rhombus/black fabric

Shopping around at the moment for a aluminum pole holder for under the boot.
    Prices have been ridiculous at around $1000 for one of jobs. Probably end up sticking 3 x 100mm PVC carriers on instead.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:59:38 AM by mcbadger2 »
mcbadger

Offline GreyGhost

• Tent User
Re: 2011 Swan
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
hi how do like your swan??

how long does it take to set up??

what was it like in the rain??

was it a pain to take down in rain? did you get much condensation inside?

cheers grey ghost

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »
Hey Grey Ghost.

Loving the swan, we used to have a soft floor and the time involved in setting it up was the reason to get rid of it. I can set the swan up for an overnighter (Drop jacks, roof raised, beds out etc in just over 10 minutes. With the bag awning this took around 30 minutes the first time we did it. A big improvement on the 2 hours I took with the soft floor.
Taking down in the rain was OK, we left the bed flies up until we lowered the roof and that helped minimise the water on the canvas. There was some condensation on the canvas and a little bit of wet bedding but have put this down to the seasoning of the canvas.

All up we love the thing and can't wait to get out more in it.

Mark

mcbadger

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
Hey Grey Ghost.

Loving the swan, we used to have a soft floor and the time involved in setting it up was the reason to get rid of it. I can set the swan up for an overnighter (Drop jacks, roof raised, beds out etc in just over 10 minutes. With the bag awning this took around 30 minutes the first time we did it. A big improvement on the 2 hours I took with the soft floor.
Taking down in the rain was OK, we left the bed flies up until we lowered the roof and that helped minimise the water on the canvas. There was some condensation on the canvas and a little bit of wet bedding but have put this down to the seasoning of the canvas.

All up we love the thing and can't wait to get out more in it.

Mark

2 Hous with a soft floor? Me and the missus can do my Tambo with awaning/chairs/table/gas e.t.c. in under 10 minintues.
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
At least you had someone to help.
Two small kids get under foot so I used to send the missus off with them and leave me alone.
Also SWMBO always wanted the full bloody annex!!
mcbadger

Offline Risky

• Learning the Ropes
    • Swan Valley Cuddley Animal Fram
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
At least you had someone to help.
Two small kids get under foot so I used to send the missus off with them and leave me alone.
Also SWMBO always wanted the full bloody annex!!

It gets easier and easier each time you use it. We have 3 under 5 and now they each have there jobs and they love helping.....we are lucky though as last trip as our Teenager wanted to come along (Surprise in its self) and she was very helpful keeping them busy and out of the way.

Could pack up quicker but as we have only packed up to go home and not onto another camping spot we like to take the time and clean it as we go so we dont have to worry about it when we get home. Just lift the lid a little and pull out the dirty clothes. The fridge has been emptied as we have the Waeco in the car so makes it fairly easy once at home.
2001 Nissan Patrol GU 3LTR Turbo
2011 Jayco Swan Out Back

Offline Stozz

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • The Driver, The Nav and The Dog
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
Wow. It looks just like ours  ;)  Enjoy.

We decided not to get the full annex - we just use a shade-cloth style wall on the outer edge. Never used the annex on the Eagle. But we only travel with the dog no tin lids.

BTW we ordered an innerspring mattress and the one that Jayco Caravanland (Perth) supplied was about 3 inches shorter and narrower than the bed tray  ??? They said that this is how the come ??? so we said they could keep it and we took the two pole carriers and a TV antenna instead.  Has anyone else had this problem with the innerspring mattress sizes?  Does anyone know where we could have one made in Perth that would fit properly?

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 12:46:41 PM »
Awesome looking set up mcbadger.
I'm holding off on the alloy pole carrier because I've heard that Jayco has one in the pipe line.
Probably won't happen until the 2012 models are released.
Like most of the Jayco options, they hopefully should be pretty good value.

Hope you enjoy he swan.

:cheers:
Glenn

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
Awesome looking set up mcbadger.
I'm holding off on the alloy pole carrier because I've heard that Jayco has one in the pipe line.
Probably won't happen until the 2012 models are released.
Like most of the Jayco options, they hopefully should be pretty good value.

Hope you enjoy he swan.

:cheers:
Glenn

HI Glenn,
I emailed Jayco about the pole holder and they said there was nothing planed at this stage.
I think with Jayco it depends on who you speak to.
I will start with the PVC and if they come up with a retro than fantastic.

Cheers

Mark
mcbadger

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
How does the commodore tow it?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Stozz

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • The Driver, The Nav and The Dog
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
We got ours from the Jayco toy shop for $100 each but I am sure you could DIY for cheaper. Some photos here: http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=15770.0. Easily removable if something more suitable comes along in the future.

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
How does the commodore tow it?

The commodore is ok.
Sits a bit low in the rear but company car so not to worried.
About 8 weeks till the car is upgraded to a Paj or Challenger. This will fit the bill a lot better.

Mark
mcbadger

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
We got ours from the Jayco toy shop for $100 each but I am sure you could DIY for cheaper. Some photos here: http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=15770.0. Easily removable if something more suitable comes along in the future.
mcbadger

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »

Priced them at coast rv for $75 each. Hoping three should fit.
mcbadger

Offline Sundowners

• Tent User
  • Settin' up when the sun goes down.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »
Less than 10mins to get a soft floor with annex, poles, ropes etc fully set up  ???

You sure your watch is working ok?
Jason
2004 TD100
2011 Hawk Outback

Offline mystq

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »
Less than 10mins to get a soft floor with annex, poles, ropes etc fully set up  ???

You sure your watch is working ok?

Yep me and the missus have it down to an art, we each have different jobs we do. We put the awning up even for overnight stays.
Eat Sleep Camp Repeat

Offline Mel87

• Tent User
  • Anything's possible!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
Hi mcbadger2, congrats on the Swan  :cup: I pick up my new eagle in 2 weeks, cant wait.  :cheers:
2010 Navara D40 ST-X
2011 Jayco Eagle Outback

Offline DiegotheCat

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
Hey Congratz no you purchase, we've gone away from the soft floor idea as we hired a hawk a few months back. It rained the whole weekend we were away and we watched people all around with their soft floor trailers getting wet and mud throught there tents and we stayed bone dry, it was awesome.

So looking into either a hawk or a dove as we wanna get into all the secluded bits of Australia with it and I think the swan will be a bit too big.

Did you go to the Jayco dealer in Tingalpa? Also looking for a slightly used one but cant find many with the options we want.

Looks great must be much more comfie than your old trailer.

Ben

Macca357

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
Great pics Mark, that's a nice looking machine.  I fitted 2 x 100mm pole tubes on our Hawk, I reckon you'll fit 3 comfortably. Your missus will love you forever.  :cheers: Macca.

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 06:52:57 AM »
Hi mcbadger2, congrats on the Swan  :cup: I pick up my new eagle in 2 weeks, cant wait.  :cheers:

Counting down the days Mel, Can't wait to see the pics.

Enjoy
mcbadger

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »
Hey Congratz no you purchase, we've gone away from the soft floor idea as we hired a hawk a few months back. It rained the whole weekend we were away and we watched people all around with their soft floor trailers getting wet and mud throught there tents and we stayed bone dry, it was awesome.

So looking into either a hawk or a dove as we wanna get into all the secluded bits of Australia with it and I think the swan will be a bit too big.

Did you go to the Jayco dealer in Tingalpa? Also looking for a slightly used one but cant find many with the options we want.

Looks great must be much more comfie than your old trailer.

Ben

Hi Ben,

We got it through Jayco Gold Coast, a much better deal off the back of the camping show in March. Just over $28k drive away. I also looked at a few second hand but there seemed to be only 2k difference in price so ended up with new. A lot more comfie than the old one but it is a step up in price bracket. The bank account is screeming at me now.
All the best

Mark
mcbadger