Author Topic: 2011 jayco pole holder  (Read 4763 times)

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
2011 jayco pole holder
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
Hi all,

There are a lot of 2011 Jayco CT's popping up at the moment. I went and bought a 150mm pole holder from my local Jayco dealer the other day suspecting that it wouldn't fit. My thoughts were proved. This surprisingly was news to the Jayco dealer.
I have noticed that a number of members have fitted 100mm pole holders. With these holders are you buying standard PVC tubing and saddles from bunnings and fitting these or are there off the shelf 100mm pole holders that you can buy. If you are fitting these yourself are you using metal tech screws (Roofing style) to fit and what are you using for the caps.

Any info and/or pics would be great.

Mark
mcbadger

Offline ras

• Tent User
Re: 2011 jayco pole holder
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:03:09 PM »
Mark...
I got 2 100 mm pole holders in my 2011 swan..got them from the jayco dealer when i picked it up (installed at no charge) and they were fully aware that the 150 mm wouldnt fit under the front boot...

Will try and get a photo of the setup, but basically the are held on by brackets around the drawbar.. The end caps are push on, with a large pin and split-pin holding them on...

Note that with bed flies and an annexe, it is a tight fit though, but it all fits, including poles, ropes and pegs..

Rob

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »
Mark...
I got 2 100 mm pole holders in my 2011 swan..got them from the jayco dealer when i picked it up (installed at no charge) and they were fully aware that the 150 mm wouldnt fit under the front boot...

Will try and get a photo of the setup, but basically the are held on by brackets around the drawbar.. The end caps are push on, with a large pin and split-pin holding them on...

Note that with bed flies and an annexe, it is a tight fit though, but it all fits, including poles, ropes and pegs..

Rob

Thanks Rob, the dealer I went to said that the 150mm was the only size available. I will go back to them with some more info.

Cheers

Mark
mcbadger

Offline ras

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
Not sure where you are, but i went to bayswater, melbourne.

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »
Hi Mark,
The 150mm pole carrier won't fit unless you have the draw bar extension.
I think Jayco might have forgot about pole storage on the 2011 models.
I was just lucky that I wanted the extended drawbar.
 :cheers:
Glenn

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
The crazy part of this is the space under the boot is ideal for a factory made storage area. You would think that Jayco would look at this as an ad on opportunity for their sales department.
I didn't go for the extended draw bar. In hindsight bad decision.

Mark

mcbadger

Offline Swogjb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 09:21:28 PM »
The crazy part of this is the space under the boot is ideal for a factory made storage area. You would think that Jayco would look at this as an ad on opportunity for their sales department.
I didn't go for the extended draw bar. In hindsight bad decision.

Mark

My dealer reckons Jayco have something in the pipe line in regards to the above mentioned waste of f@&$ing space.
Will know more in a couple of weeks.

Toyata Landcruiser TD 200 GXL
Trackabout Safari SV Extenda

Offline mcbadger2

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
My dealer reckons Jayco have something in the pipe line in regards to the above mentioned waste of f@&$ing space.
Will know more in a couple of weeks.

Would love to know when you find out. Please keep me informed.

Thanks

Mark
mcbadger