Author Topic: The Random Question of the Day Thread...  (Read 334293 times)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
Re: The Random Question of the Day Thread...
« Reply #1650 on: October 05, 2021, 07:30:31 AM »
We have one of these for our camp site. Plugs into a ciggy outlet, and assuming your are not battling a flat battery, should light up enough 8)

Link would help ???

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/wanderer-spotlight-area-camp-lighting-kit/596446.html
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1651 on: October 06, 2021, 05:36:21 AM »
Link would help ???

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/wanderer-spotlight-area-camp-lighting-kit/596446.html

All Four Adventure will sell you the same thing for about $230  :laugh: :laugh:
But it's got their branding on it !!
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1652 on: October 07, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »
Where do the ducks go? We are fortunate to have a waterway in front of our house. Around this time every year the local pair of ducks get frisky and produce 6-7 ducklings. This has happened for a number of years. Based on the years multiplied by number of ducklings, I'd expect there to be 30+ ducks swimming around but there isn't. Every year only the adult pair come back. So where do the young ducks go? Do they find their own waterways to live? As for the rabbits, well the snakes take care of them :)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1653 on: October 07, 2021, 02:28:30 PM »
Where do the ducks go? We are fortunate to have a waterway in front of our house. Around this time every year the local pair of ducks get frisky and produce 6-7 ducklings. This has happened for a number of years. Based on the years multiplied by number of ducklings, I'd expect there to be 30+ ducks swimming around but there isn't. Every year only the adult pair come back. So where do the young ducks go? Do they find their own waterways to live? As for the rabbits, well the snakes take care of them :)
They might go into a camp oven. >:D >:D ;D

Offline No more Deadlines!

• Learning the Ropes
  • If in doubt just do it.
« Reply #1654 on: October 07, 2021, 03:34:31 PM »
Hi D4D,

We live on 25 acres with a big dam and have a few pairs of ducks that have a brood every year. For a few years one pair nested in one of our chimneys. Hubby was shocked one morning when in the ensuite to see a number of fluff balls jumping off the roof into the garden bed below. They eventually caught up with mum an dad.

From our experience they raise the duckings until they can fly and fend for themselves, then chase them off. We guess they then have to find their own dam. If they return to our dam the mum and dad make them very unwelcome!
The following users thanked this post: D4D

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1655 on: October 08, 2021, 07:29:09 AM »
Hi D4D,

We live on 25 acres with a big dam and have a few pairs of ducks that have a brood every year. For a few years one pair nested in one of our chimneys. Hubby was shocked one morning when in the ensuite to see a number of fluff balls jumping off the roof into the garden bed below. They eventually caught up with mum an dad.

From our experience they raise the duckings until they can fly and fend for themselves, then chase them off. We guess they then have to find their own dam. If they return to our dam the mum and dad make them very unwelcome!

Ditto that for our back yard. Appears that the same pair of ducks nest in the same hole each year. In communal areas like the pond and feeders they're fairly friendly, but they're quite protective of their nesting hollow and quickly hunt any other ducks from that area. As for the chicks, neighbourhood cats dogs and cars seem to take care of most of them with only a couple from each brood surviving. They eventually get hunted off by the parents to fend for themselves.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: D4D

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #1656 on: October 08, 2021, 09:49:54 AM »
A few years back a friend of my wife found an egg laying out in the open in a local park, so rather than let it get eaten by dogs or whatever, he took it home and hatched it. He bred chooks, so had all the gear. It hatched out, and when it was a ball of fluff, a couple of days old, he gave it to us, to see if our pet duck would adopt it. Well they got on pretty well, but the duckling adopted me a a parent figure. It use to follow me around the yard everywhere, and even got under the car with me, when I was working on it. That was a bit of a problem, because you had to make sure you didn't squash it when you moved around.

It used to wander around yard with the chooks and "Quack Quack" during the day, and slept with "Quack Quack" of a night in her separate pen. As it got older, it started to follow me around less and less, and was getting harder to approach each day. Eventually it was fully fledged, and turned out to be a beautiful little male wood duck. Then one morning I came out and he was gone. The pen he slept in had no top on it, and he could easily jump the side, when he wanted to get out. So I hope he just suddenly decided it was time to go and be a wild duck again.

A couple of crappy pics from my old phone camera.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.
The following users thanked this post: Steffo1

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1657 on: October 10, 2021, 01:26:16 PM »
I have an Antonio Carraro Tigra RS tractor, around the 1980 era.
The only manual I can get is in PDF format but it is in Italian.
I have tried online translation services but that want $30.00 to do it but want payment before they start.
I want to see evidence that can be successful before paying but that is not acceptable to them.
Any suggestions on any software or services that could do it?
Cheers.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1658 on: October 10, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
I have an Antonio Carraro Tigra RS tractor, around the 1980 era.
The only manual I can get is in PDF format but it is in Italian.
I have tried online translation services but that want $30.00 to do it but want payment before they start.
I want to see evidence that can be successful before paying but that is not acceptable to them.
Any suggestions on any software or services that could do it?
Cheers.

Are you needing a whole user manual or just some sections, IOS 15 on iPad has a translator, you can type it in and it will give you the English equivalent if that is any help
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru
The following users thanked this post: terravista

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
The Random Question of the Day Thread...
« Reply #1659 on: October 10, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
It will be slow, but google translate can do a page at a time

Sent from me
The following users thanked this post: terravista

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1660 on: October 10, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »
Thanks, but ideally the whole manual is needed. All the images in an operator's manual may be causing problems, but I don't have enough geek genes to know.

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1661 on: October 11, 2021, 04:21:53 AM »
$30 is sounding like a bargain to me
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1662 on: October 11, 2021, 08:01:03 AM »
$30 is sounding like a bargain to me

I'm more than happy to pay the money, I just want to see a sample of the results first. Even just one page with diagrams and text. The two places I contacted said pay up front and no guarantees.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1663 on: October 11, 2021, 08:59:08 AM »
Quote from: terravista
I'm more than happy to pay the money, I just want to see a sample of the results first. Even just one page with diagrams and text. The two places I contacted said pay up front and no guarantees.
Is it a real typed up document or scanned in one?? Would converting it to Word first, then translating be easier?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1664 on: October 11, 2021, 02:51:41 PM »
As a PDF that does sound like the best option

Sent from me

Offline terravista

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1665 on: October 12, 2021, 07:26:09 AM »
Is it a real typed up document or scanned in one?? Would converting it to Word first, then translating be easier?

Thanks, I'll give that a go. It is in a Word knockoff system and that may be the problem.
Cheers.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1666 on: October 12, 2021, 07:46:50 AM »
Post a link, someone might be able to translate it depending on the format
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1667 on: October 13, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »
Thanks GG, I just bought their small camp light.

I've been looking at getting a new work light for the garage, getting old and needing lots of light to see stuff these days :(

Stedi camp light arrived. Good construction but user experience fail. It has 6 modes and only one switch, therefore you need to scroll through all 6 modes just to turn it on and off. It should have 2 switches, one for on/off and one to set the mode. It would also be useful to have a USB charge port on it as it has such a large lithium battery.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1668 on: October 13, 2021, 06:11:31 PM »
Stedi camp light arrived. Good construction but user experience fail. It has 6 modes and only one switch, therefore you need to scroll through all 6 modes just to turn it on and off. It should have 2 switches, one for on/off and one to set the mode. It would also be useful to have a USB charge port on it as it has such a large lithium battery.

Thanks for that info. very useful.

Cheers

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1669 on: October 13, 2021, 06:40:57 PM »

If you hold the mode/on off button for a period it may turn off without cycling thru, I have a lantern which does that, it’s not Stedi but it may be worth a try.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1670 on: October 14, 2021, 06:40:58 AM »
If you hold the mode/on off button for a period it may turn off without cycling thru, I have a lantern which does that, it’s not Stedi but it may be worth a try.

It does have a mode change if you hold the switch. That changes modes from the main LED flood to the LED torch mode.

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1671 on: October 14, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »

Scratch that, I used the light in anger today. Turns out the mode selection is only when you turn the light on. Once you have left the light on for a period of time, one press of the switch turns it off. It would be good to have some instructions in the box that detail this functionality. I really like this light, I might get some more. The amber strobe mode would come in handy at night if you break down. It also looks like the bigger version of the light has the USB charging functionality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:59:39 AM by D4D »

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1672 on: October 14, 2021, 09:01:42 AM »
Scratch that, I used the light in anger today. Turns out the mode selection is only when you turn the light on. Once you have left the light on for a period of time, one press of the switch turns it off. It would be good to have some instructions in the box that detail this functionality. I really like this light, I might get some more. The amber strobe mode would come in handy at night if you break down. It also looks like the bigger version of the light has the USB charging functionality.

which one did you end up buying?

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
The following users thanked this post: paceman

Offline leachy_9

• Swag User
« Reply #1674 on: October 14, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »
It would also be useful to have a USB charge port on it as it has such a large lithium battery.

The info on the Stedi website shows a USB-C charge port. Is that incorrect?