Author Topic: A newby joining the forum  (Read 3772 times)

Offline grizzly

• Soft Floor Camper User
A newby joining the forum
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »
G'Day all. This is my first time on any forum ,I have next to no idea how it works My family and I have a 90 series Prado TD and a Cub spacematic off road we brought early in 1996, My wife and I have been camping in some form since we where kids and have done our best to show our three the joy it has given us, I have been following some of the chat on the mods the folks have been doing to their Cub CT's and have been considering most of the things done by them myself ,financal embarassment being the major restraint, I have already got a lot out of my visit to this forum and look forward to sharing and learning more.( when I work out how to use it)

Offline Paul and Bern

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Living for Holidays
A newby joining the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
 ;D Hey Welcome Grizzly.  Seems like you're no stranger to the thrills of camping.. especially with 3 lilltle ones in tow   :angel:

It might be a good idea to post up a hello in the introductions page in the general section so more people will see it, rather than buried in an inconspicuous thread here.  Just open introductions and click on new topic and fire away.....
Great people about on here who have a wealth of knowledge and enjoying sharing as well as meeting others through the passion of camping.

I'm up here outa the rain, at the moment, in Cairns so if your about give us a hoy

:cheers: Paul
Can every day be made a public holiday?

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: A newby joining the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum, its a great weath of knowledge in all things, ask away if you need some help or a laugh

GG

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
G'day Grizzly and welcome to Myswag. Some of the Cub owners on the site have done some great work modding up their campers. Cut loose mate and I look forward to seeing the results of your toil, when you have worked out how to use the site that is. Just yell if you have any hassles with that. THere is more than enough willing advice to get you up to speed. :cheers:
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »
G'day & Welcome
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline davo69 and the Nurse

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • '07 Trackabout 4x4 Deluxe Tourer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
Welcome to MySwag!

the Nurse
get DIRTY

Offline grizzly

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
Thank you for the nice welcoming comments, I should have said that my kids are not so little anymore I have two boys the eldest 18.5 and the next is 17.5 and my baby girl is 14, and so far they are still keen to go with us on any trip they can , not that their has been any lately. We have a regular annual camp the week after Easter at The Clarence Gorge which is an absolutely brilliant spot and we have been there every year since 2003, unfortunately we will not be their this year as we where bumped out of our regular site and as the holidays fall before Easter and our boys can not go as they both work in bakeries at the moment and that is their busiest time,( and the camp site may still be under water still, the record flood height would be about 30 to 40 metres deep from normal height and that reached the house yard) we are on the lookout for an alternative some where between Grafton and Dungog that is similar but are yet to find anything that matches the Gorge for price that will allow dogs. We usually camp with my brother in law and his fiance and kids who lives at Dungog and a close mate from home and any of his kids that can get there. It is a week of camp ovens, canoes and some fishing and eating,we are not wowsers but their is usually not much grog and we have a great time . I must say thank you to Paul for putting me on the right track and I appreciate any further help, I will post some photos when I figure that out. We have done the great central Aussie tour about 3 years back just before the center got the good rain and I am desperate to get back out there to see it after some good years as it was extremely dry when we went.Any how its past my bed time and I have to work tomorrow I will add some more detail when I can squeeze the kids of the computer.

Offline chrisroche

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »
welcome and enjoy - look forward to sseing the specials at the bakery.
Are we there yet?

2011 Pathfinder...Lifestyle Camper

Offline tropicbird54

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Yay! CT owner at last!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
Hi Grizzly.  Here's another welcome to the forum from the far north.  As you've probably already figured out, there are lots of very friendly members here, so just ask away and they will answer.  Enjoy your time here.
Cheers,
Sharyn

Offline hutchie62

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • I'll drink to that.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
Hi & welcome to Myswag, look forward to seeing what mods you will do to the cub.
2013 Cab Chassis Landcruiser with goodies, 2008 Cub Supamatic Drover.

Offline Tezza1974

• Sleeping Bag User
  • Hilux SR5 D4D & Lifestlye Podium CT
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »
Gday & welcome
Looking for that perfect place somewhere between Peace & Quiet

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »