Author Topic: wacaco nanopresso portable  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
wacaco nanopresso portable
« on: December 01, 2021, 06:33:50 AM »
G'day all,

Have just purchased one of these in the recommendation from my uncle. He tells me it's a great portable little machine for making good coffee when we're camping etc.

Just wondering if anyone else within this forum has one and where they buy their pods that suit them from please?

My uncle says he buys the Nespresso capsules for his but you can also buy them from woolies. Can anyone please tell me where and how I buy the Nespresso ones, and whether or not there's an easy accessible one from a shopping store I can buy that taste pretty good as we are off for 2 weeks travel soon.

Thanks
Geoff

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: wacaco nanopresso portable
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 07:08:13 AM »
Nespresso are available on line or from boutique outlets in some major shopping centres, check on line.
I use an on line company called Urban Brew, half the price of Nespresso, not the range of flavours but certainly acceptable. Strengths range from a double shot 16 down to an eight, decaf even, if you are that way inclined.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 07:13:58 AM »
Hey Camperman, you should go over & give the Coffee thread a reboot ;D

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=6892.msg1029228#new
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory,
Coromal: 2023 Soul Seeker 18'
Sunnie:  2010 Sunliner Holiday

Offline bob65

• Swag User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 08:36:03 AM »
I have one.

You can also get the thingy to use just ground coffee in it. Makes a superior cup of coffee over the pods.

You can get the pods for it from Woollies.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 09:32:39 AM »
I have one.

You can also get the thingy to use just ground coffee in it. Makes a superior cup of coffee over the pods.

Nanopresso - I have 2 of them. My camping one is for ground coffee with the barista kit, my work one has the nespresso adaptor and no barista kit,  cause dealing with ground coffee at work is just too hard and the barista kit weakens the brew too much for pods IMO - my office is mobile.

The standard ground coffee nano with barista kit and its double shot basket is the go IMO. Much better than the nespresso pod kit.

As for pods, you can use any nespresso compatible pods. Available from Woolies to Coles to Nespresso themselves or anywhere online that sells nespresso compatible pods.

Urbanbrew has a great reputation. I must try them sometimes. For now, I just use Woolies home brand pods, strength 12.
An NX Paj, a D-Max and an Ultimate X-trk

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 11:28:42 AM »
Nespresso are available on line or from boutique outlets in some major shopping centres, check on line.
I use an on line company called Urban Brew, half the price of Nespresso, not the range of flavours but certainly acceptable. Strengths range from a double shot 16 down to an eight, decaf even, if you are that way inclined.

Thanks for that. When I was looking last night I did see the Urban brew show up, but how do I know which pods I want and the correct type to buy?

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 11:30:26 AM »
I have one.

Thanks for that. I also have the ground one but it looks like the basket part that holds the coffee looks too small.

Offline bob65

• Swag User
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 11:56:50 AM »
Thanks for that. I also have the ground one but it looks like the basket part that holds the coffee looks too small.
The pods are smaller than the basket.

Nespresso is a style of pod, not just a brand. Any pod in the store marked as nespresso will fit it.

You will have to try a few different varieties to find one or two that you like.

Pods are easier for cleaning up but the ground coffee will give a better cup.

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
Nanopresso - I have 2 of them. My camping one is for ground coffee with the barista kit, my work one has the nespresso adaptor and no barista kit,  cause dealing with ground coffee at work is just too hard and the barista kit weakens the brew too much for pods IMO - my office is mobile.

The standard ground coffee nano with barista kit and its double shot basket is the go IMO. Much better than the nespresso pod kit.

As for pods, you can use any nespresso compatible pods. Available from Woolies to Coles to Nespresso themselves or anywhere online that sells nespresso compatible pods.

Urbanbrew has a great reputation. I must try them sometimes. For now, I just use Woolies home brand pods, strength 12.

Thanks for the reply.

So I can buy a kit that attaches to the wacaco nanopresso gr
Which makes the thing capable of taking more ground coffee to make a stronger bigger shot?

If that's the case that sounds the go, and what is it called and where can I get it please?

Thanks

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 02:37:27 PM »

Take your portable espresso game to the next level with the Nanopresso Barista Kit. This accessory bundle for the Wacaco Nanopresso enables you to pull full double shots, gives you extra coffee filter baskets for rapid shot pulling, and puts it all in a travel-ready container.

The primary benefit of the kit is the ability to pull double shots of rich, balanced espresso. This is enabled by three accessories: (1) two 16g coffee filter baskets, (2) an adapter to fit the larger baskets, and (3) an extended 140ml water reservoir.

Now you can pull two shots in one go instead of just a single - all while maintaining the full 18 bars of pressure that the Nanopresso is famous for.

$34 from alternative brewing

Sent from me

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
Thanks for that. When I was looking last night I did see the Urban brew show up, but how do I know which pods I want and the correct type to buy?
Urban brew is a subscription service, when you log in you will be given a choice of machines, pick Nespresso compatible and you will be all good.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 08:04:07 AM »

Take your portable espresso game to the next level with the Nanopresso Barista Kit. This accessory bundle for the Wacaco Nanopresso enables you to pull full double shots, gives you extra coffee filter baskets for rapid shot pulling, and puts it all in a travel-ready container.

The primary benefit of the kit is the ability to pull double shots of rich, balanced espresso. This is enabled by three accessories: (1) two 16g coffee filter baskets, (2) an adapter to fit the larger baskets, and (3) an extended 140ml water reservoir.

Now you can pull two shots in one go instead of just a single - all while maintaining the full 18 bars of pressure that the Nanopresso is famous for.

$34 from alternative brewing

Sent from me

Thanks heaps Lloyd 👍

Offline Camperman

• Swag User
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 08:04:55 AM »
Urban brew is a subscription service, when you log in you will be given a choice of machines, pick Nespresso compatible and you will be all good.

Thanks pottsy

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 12:22:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

So I can buy a kit that attaches to the wacaco nanopresso gr
Which makes the thing capable of taking more ground coffee to make a stronger bigger shot?

If that's the case that sounds the go, and what is it called and where can I get it please?

Thanks

As Lloydus67 replied, yes, you need the barista kit. Not only does it have a double sized ground basket, the water volume is increased to 120Ml.

I found the standard kit wasn't really big enough to make a decent, strong, milk based coffee for mug size.

The Barista kit solves that. Squeeze in a brew, add frothed milk and you are away with a great coffee of decent strength.

Again with the pods for the nespresso adaptor and the nanopresso;

Nespresso is a brand name and they produce a particular size of pod.

Nespresso compatible is a pod from a different manufacturer, but conforms to the "nespresso" pod size and can therefore be used in products built for nespresso pods.

For example: the nespresso adaptor for the nanopresso.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz71vk1CWl6lp6Tv3dXhkQ/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline Patr80l

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
I've got the Nanopresso with the Barista kit as well as the Nespresso adapter which you can buy separately.   Now I'm in the market for a portable coffee grinder.   
Most supermarkets have a range of pods.   I like some of the Starbucks range and Illy and L'or are also good.   Vitoria is there too.   For about 50c a cup you can try a few.
40, 80, GU, Touareg, GU, Touareg, 200

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 09:56:03 AM »
For something slightly outside of the box, try Aldi. There nexpresso compatible pods are the closest I have had to being the same as the actual product. The colours are also exactly the same. They are currently on sale 29c each, however the normal price of 39c per pod is pretty good.
Lloyd

Sent from me

Offline Hotel4meLol

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 04:58:52 PM »
Aldi are selling the Wacaco Mini-Presso for $49.99 for anyone interested.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-11-december/saturday-detail-wk49/ps/p/wacaco-mini-presso-expressi-coffee-maker/

Offline lloydus67

• Hard Floor Camper User
wacaco nanopresso portable
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 06:44:11 PM »
They often do, I think I bought mine for $39.99 on special. However the barista kit is only for the nanopresso.
With the minipresso you have to buy one of each type to use grinds or either of the 2 types of pods.
Also you cannot get the larger tank and grinds holder for them.
Lloyd

Sent from me

Offline sharkcaver

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My ramblings:
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 08:37:51 PM »
Yep, I wouldn't bother with the minipresso. Its their original model and is nothing like the nano in regards to versatility, volume and extraction pressure. Anaconda sell the mini too.

The nano has now been updated to the pico presso. Its a lot more expensive and not as versatile as the nano IMO.